It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Technological Precision of the Ancients

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This thread is based on a book written by manufacturing engineer Christopher Dunn: Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs, published 2010 by Bear & Company.

Because of his experience as a manufacturing engineer, Dunn has had the ability to notice things others have not, and he has also utilized CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) programs, to pinpoint precision in what he saw. Additionally, it was pointed out in the second Foreword, which was written by a President and CEO of a metal stamping company (and Dunn’s employer), that Dunn thinks well in three dimensions. (The first Foreword was written by a registered Professional Engineer.)

The book focuses on the:

• Statues of Ramses
  • Rose Red Rosetta Stone of Abu Roash (a rose-colored cut granite piece dubbed “Rosetta Stone” by the registered Professional Engineer who wrote the first Foreword because of the compound radial cuts and distinguishing toolmarks – language speaking to modern engineers)
  • Columns of Denderah
  • Stones of the pyramids

From Chapter 1 “The Shadows of Luxor,” the section “The Ramses Challenge”:

. . . It seems that no matter which of the Ramses statues we look at, the same smiling face gazes through you, into infinity.

In order to accomplish this effect, the ancient sculptors worked to a uniform system of measurement and a design scheme. Just as today we replicate designs using uniform measures and consistent methods of manufacturing, in ancient Egypt there was a system of design, measurement, and manufacture used to create the Ramses statues. We can then ask the question: What was the fundamental scheme that the ancient Egyptians used to create and re-create this iconic image in stone?

From the section “The Secrets of the Crown”:

. . . During this visit, I was able to examine them only visually and feel their smooth surfaces with my hand, but I was struck by their perfection of form, and I could not detect any deviation from a perfectly crafted contour. Throughout the course of my career, my hands have run across many different machined contours in order to find surface imperfections—and my contact with these Egyptian pieces seemed no different from my previous contact with objects that had been removed from a precision machining center. Except for some minor abrasions (presumably the result of the crowns falling to the ground) there were no pits or ripples or depressions in the compound curved surface. I felt only a flowing, exact surface that seemed as smooth as though it had been spun on a lathe. Because of its geometry, however, it would have been impossible to craft these crowns in such a manner. Along the length and width of each, the surface followed simple arcs that obviously were the result of careful deliberation in concept, design, and manufacture. From a cursory examination, it seemed clear to me that this result demanded adherence to geometry and precision in the manufacturing process.

. . . I took a digital image of one of the crowns and loaded it into my graphics program. I then duplicated the image and made a transparency of it so that I could compare opposite sides to determine if they were symmetrical. I discovered that they were—to a remarkable degree of accuracy. (See figures 1.4–1.6.)

I’ll post more as I continue to read the book.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Mon Nov 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/4/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Changed Title as per OP request.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
it's hollywood photoshop for your eye meats. or else magic men from the stars did it. why does it even matter? does it matter because most people wouldn't get off their arse to bring do the one thing they can which is apply order to chaos and so cannot even begin to fathom the reason such monuments would be built?

WORD is magic but no one remembers their gold was taken. It's strange that I can fit the pyramid in through my eyeball meats and into my minds eye and it is so bigs. It also funny there is only 1 pyramid but it's made of over 10^6 blocks.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I dont think it was the Ancient Egyptians that did all this i think they found and claimed it non terestrial beings i belive created many things around the world and ancient people claimed them.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I am new at exploring the ancient world.

Who are some careful researchers/authors that you know about who have spoken out about the possibility that there were beings who came before the ancients?

Or, are you speaking from your own intuition?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ive seen a few documentaries and read a few things on this subject, and its really mind blowing what was achieved by these ppl. I cant help but think that perhaps they did use things besides stones hammers and picks to create these timeless masterpieces.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

The precision of the Egyptians has always astounded me. One can't help but be impressed by the level of skill necessary to build what they built in that age.

Makes you wonder just how much knowledge was lost when Alexandria burned.

Side note, it's strange we never find evidence of the tools/"machines" used to accomplish these feats.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Side note, it's strange we never find evidence of the tools/"machines" used to accomplish these feats.

I have in my notes that I took when I watched this YouTube video interview of Dunn that he thinks there have been earth changes and the tools that built the pyramids are buried somewhere.

Here's the description for the video:

Uploaded by TheNewEraTimes on May 23, 2011

Ancient site expert Christopher Dunn, author of Giza Power, speaks with Peggy Sue Skipper about his work and latest book: Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well the video at 12:50 goes into his reason why we don't find the tools he imagines the AE had. Earth changes, then he really goes silly and mentions a TV show, 'life without people' as evidence for what happened???

When people assign advanced machine tools to the AE they have a problem - no evidence of the machines or an infrastructure to support such machines - the solution is that it all disappeared or as Dunn says, its hidden in the oceans, in the Sahara, etc...earth changes..

Earth changes that magically destroyed every trace of a civilization capable of making 'advanced machining' but here is the magical part, left all traces of the actual AE civilization we see today. This magical earth change wiped out the iron and other speciality mines needed for the machines he theorizes on but left the granite, limestone, ochre and other mines intact, magically removed the slag and debris from making of these machines, but left all the materials from making copper and bronze tools?

LOL

Note 'life without people' is a simplistic program that views the decay of civlization from a layman's view, not an archeologists, if a building falls down and is covered with vegetation an archaeologist can quickly determine that one, it was a building, two what it was made of - whereas a person standing atop it ruins wouldn't even notice it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

From the section “The Secrets of the Crown”:

. . . did the designer have any idea what he was asking of the craftsperson who would cut his design into stone? He might have said to his friends, “Hey, want to see what I did to drive the guys in the shop crazy? I just made the design of the crown exponentially more difficult to manufacture.”

To accomplish such cutting today in one of the hardest natural materials known and with such a high order of precision would require specialized equipment and careful planning. What tools did the ancient Egyptian artists and engineers possess? Were the tools they used as sophisticated as the products they created? What I discovered was not the product of a simple mind. The crowns are sophisticated products with difficult and exact surfaces that would challenge any craftsman, even one who is trained in today’s methods and equipped with today’s tools.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I see that Christopher Dunn was a presenter last month at the Conference on Precession and Ancient Knowledge (CPAK) 2012.

Is anyone familiar with this conference?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hi Mary Rose -

I wanted to share an interesting documentary which, if you're interested in the amazing technological achievements of the ancient Egyptians, I think you'll enjoy.

It does go into the geometry of Ramses II, and other incredible accomplishments. It's a full-length documentary, but well worth the investment in time.

best,
west

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by westo

Thanks.

Published on Apr 7, 2012 by DocumentaryPlus

The Revelation Of The Pyramids takes an in depth look into one of the seven wonders of the world, the Great Pyramids of Egypt. Mystery has surrounded these epic structures for centuries with theories varying from the scientific to the bizarre.

However with over thirty-seven years of in depth research taking in sites from China, Peru, Mexico and Egypt, one scientist has as at last managed first to understand and then to reveal what lies behind this greatest of archaeological mysteries: a message of paramount importance for all mankind, through time and space.

Hmmmm. I wonder who the scientist is.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Nov 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There is a section focusing on Dunn @

Dunn on Ramses II

if you don't have time to watch the whole thing now, check this out!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I see that Christopher Dunn was a presenter last month at the Conference on Precession and Ancient Knowledge (CPAK) 2012.

Is anyone familiar with this conference?

Its a meeting for alternative and fringe theorists

You can see their mind set from their website where they create a massive straw man...thusly

What CPAK Is All About
Most history books still teach that about 5000 years ago mankind was a primitive hunter-gatherer incapable of complex thought. Under this paradigm megalithic structures found all over the world were built for sacrificial purposes, to deify a ruler, or to help a society ignorant of the seasons know when to plant its crops. Mankind was thought to be a brutish sort stuck in survival mode, incapable of little more than grunting and groaning. This myopic view is reinforced by misapplied evolutionary theory that requires that anything that came before us must be more primitive.

The link to CPAK conference

....the fact that this isn't the view of science is, well, not important

This is what the conference bio have to say about Dunn

Christopher Dunn has an extensive background as a craftsman, starting his career as an indentured apprentice in his hometown of Manchester, England. Recruited by an aerospace manufacturing company, he immigrated to the United States in 1969. Over the past 49 years, Chris has worked at every level of high-tech manufacturing from machinist, toolmaker, programmer, and operator of high-powered industrial lasers, Project Engineer, and Laser Operations Manager. For the past 16 year, he has served as Human Resources Director for a Midwest aerospace manufacturer.

edit on 25/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

If you want to know what experimental archaeology has been done you can try these books

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by westo

Wow! I'm impressed with how you did that - pointing to a specific point in the video! I'm gonna have to learn that!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by westo

Dunn on Ramses II

So to make a statue of Ramses they used 'complex tools' implying modern cutting and measuring technology - yet if they had such materials in the 12th century BC why did Ramses go to war riding a chariot and firing bronze tip arrows at the battle of Kadesh?

Rather odd don't you think?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've just re-listened to the two hour Red Ice Radio (I'm a member) interview of Dunn that took place June 12, 2011. The more I listen and read, the more I understand that the official story about the ancients is an insult to our intelligence.

I think more and more people are realizing this. We've just been accepting what we've been told because authority figures told us.

Not any more.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Dunn on Ramses II

So to make a statue of Ramses they used 'complex tools' implying modern cutting and measuring technology - yet if they had such materials in the 12th century BC why did Ramses go to war riding a chariot and firing bronze tip arrows at the battle of Kadesh?

Rather odd don't you think?

I find the silence in response to your simple question rather deafening.
Note that the artifacts found in Egypt (jewelry, house items, weapons) do not imply the existence of "modern tools" required for their manufacture. Well the statues of Ramses are quite amazing, but so are works by Michelangelo. And I think it's fairly safe to say that Michelangelo did not use "computer aided design".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Evidently it is based on a book written in French by Jacques Grimault, and published in 2005. On Amazon I see the title is Revelation des Pyramides.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I find the silence in response to your simple question rather deafening.
Note that the artifacts found in Egypt (jewelry, house items, weapons) do not imply the existence of "modern tools" required for their manufacture. Well the statues of Ramses are quite amazing, but so are works by Michelangelo. And I think it's fairly safe to say that Michelangelo did not use "computer aided design".

The most accurately built ancient building known is the Parthenon, look too at the Laocoon - how could that have been made without modern technology- in marble

The answer to their questions is....

Master Egyptian craftsmen who had had 60 generations or more to develop their techniques

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join