It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea, Cake, Relaxation and Bliss (Into the mind of Alyssa)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The bedroom is so similar to the style of my maternal grandparents it's weird some other stuff she posts remind me a lot of them as well.

I have no idea how my grandparents got their hands on that culture... in America, I would pinpoint it as late 1800's / possibly World War I era. They might have dragged it with them from back east, and they do have lineage back to the Mayflower and England...

Ah now I'm always going to link Alyssa with my grandma...
edit on 24-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

It's strange you would mention your Grandparents furnature...and perhaps a "mindset" that comes with that style of decorating...years ago when I got married, my God Mother gave my ex and I an antique bed, while I appreciated how generous the gift was, that bed always gave me the creeps, and it never worked with our other things...

LOL...thank goodness the new Man in my life got rid of that creepy bed...slept much better after that....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Wars in another country.....meh
The starving......meh
The needy.....meh
A dying person..meh

The post replies about the bed ,....Meh

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

is she wasnt young and attracttve would she receive the same responses. I cant see her thread disrupting any true intellectuals on Ats

What a silly thing to say....LOL......she started her thread by saying she doesn't care about anything or anybody...she wants to eat cake and live like a Queen....well ok.....I guess that's her right.......so what exactly is your point...because she is young and attractive she is not to be "called out" for being selfish and silly?

This isn't about "jealousy"....trust me, I grew up with and being one of the "beautiful" people...and am the Mommy of beautiful girl...and it would break my heart if my child lacked empathy for others...being blessed with beauty is no reason to be thoughtless of others...and perhaps gives one more options to reach out to others...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What a silly thing to say....LOL......she started her thread by saying she doesn't care about anything or anybody...she wants to eat cake and live like a Queen....well ok.....I guess that's her right.......so what exactly is your point...because she is young and attractive she is not to be "called out" for being selfish and silly?

Shes selfish and lacks empathy no doubt about that. Id say she has the right attitude to fit in with Royalty. Mabey Ats needs a Queen she seems to fit the bill....will the tenth power do the red carpet anoiment. Personally i couldnt care less as im not a Royalist anyway.
edit on 24-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I've been keeping track of her threads, and she is getting the first positive responses of her life on ATS once her picture was posted. Without her picture, though, people gave more honest opinions...

What's the point of living if you're not rich?

Or check out her other original threads. It's sort of sad, really, this experiment leaves you wondering how right she is about everything.

I say trust the no-picture responses.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Or check out her other original threads. It's sort of sad, really, this experiment leaves you wondering how right she is about everything.

Human beings are shallow and this is surprising to find out ats is not immune. This may be the only thread of hers i will ever respond to because shes bringing her shallowness to bear with no regrets or concerns or feelings for any of us. I like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well, check this one out:

A very positive look on transhumanism in Mass Effect 3

On a side note, she reminds me of a mixture of Ayn Rand and Freud. And she values attractiveness and money the most... to the point of suggesting that lower-ranked males are marched off into prison work camps with low-ranking females - as long as she keeps mentioning tea and cake, though, it will sound less creepy... she needs the tea and cake part, imo, and the Victorian Era stuff...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Victorian Morality

Maybe she is a reincarnation? The specific designs in the bedroom she showed let me to look into Victorian era thinking a bit more (odd I can pick out what time period and country a bedroom comes from). Well, that explains the similarity to my grandma. She seems to really be into the Victorian Elite.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well....probably my final thoughts in this thread will be I hope this young lady on some level "seeks" something here at ATS that may influence her current way of seeing the world...

Yeah, she is "honest"....perhaps.....but I sure think she may have regrets if she finds herself in the "fancy" bedroom she thinks she desires...only to find herself with some rich old man...no passion or true Love in that bed.

If she out lives him, she may end up rich, but fat from eating too much cake.....only to be "conned" by someone younger and as ruthless as she once was.....sad indeed...

edit on 25-11-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yeah, she is "honest"....perhaps.....but I sure think she may have regrets if she finds herself in the "fancy" bedroom she thinks she desires...only to find herself with some rich old man...no passion or true Love in that bed.

I never got the impression from reading her OP shes after a rich old man. Shes after non conditional love, wealth and fame. its easy to see what she wants. Stereotying her behaviour wont change her shallowness.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

perhaps you should read her threads
she is an transhumanist who wishes to live in a virtual world where
jaded esthete she is, she wishes to disport herself in godlike splendor
pursuing epicurean pleasures, [her tea and cakes] as a ghost within a machine
[and a ghost pursuing sensory pleasures at that
, oh, the irony:sigh:]
and expressing mock-pity towards the animalistic "fleshies", of which you are a fellow member.
and yet it never occurs to her that somebody or the Trinity of Chaos itself: Time, Random Chance, and Entropy
could pull the plug at any moment.

lol fooled by a picture?
her disgust for the flesh has long been on record ,
careful "old man", that may be an old photo.
consider this as you enter her parlor, little fly.
[better have your will and affairs in order as well]

and remember, as i oft remind the OP:

"Despisers of the Body, are not bridges to the Superman."

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So you are warning me about her radical views and suggest i read her threads. You kidding right?

Yes i know her views are radical and walking on the south side of the border of crazy. Still there is a kind of underlying sound logic to them. Be interesting to see how she responds, or if the barrage of posts not supporting her views causes her to hide. Transhumanists are they know for their courage?

edit on 25-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So you are warning me about her radical views and suggest i read her threads. You kidding right?

Yes i know her views are radical and walking on the south side of the border of crazy. 1-Still there is a kind of underlying sound logic to them. 2-Be interesting to see how she responds, or if the barrage of posts not supporting her views causes her to hide. 3-Transhumanists are they know for their courage?

edit on 25-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

1- "Logic is blind and often leads into the trap of believing we know"
- B-G aphorism

2- lol it's always hit and run, and she rarely replies, i suppose she's amusing herself at the expense of us "fleshies".

3- attempting to escape reality is a form of cowardice. everything kurzweil and his crowd are promising is already possible for humans and pre-programmed into the human genome, which for the most part is Terra Incognita, but the transhumanists presume that they can cheat and be lazy about it, not wanting to make at an effort and wanting it all NOW! [never mind how many thousands are going to be used as guinea pigs for these technologies to become available] their way is ahrimanic and will only lead to a dead world inhabited by homunculii: egotistic, animalistic automata.

[which is what the proponents of the neuro-scientific view and similar schools of "matter-in-motion" nihilistic materialism imply we already are] => Sorry, But Your Soul Just Died Tom Wolfe
From neuroscience to Nietzsche. A sobering look at how man may perceive himself in the future, particularly as ideas about genetic predeterminism takes the place of dying Darwinism. .
www.orthodoxytoday.org...

these homunculii will find themselves unable to evolve/adapt and will not last long in a predatorial and ever-changing Universe. [Time, Random Chance, and Entropy].

so i'll stick with The Flesh, thus having my cake and eating it too

because, as the Chaoists say:

"the Human Body is the Ultimate Chariot of Khaos"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Your post made me think of this...

I'm dyin'

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I've been keeping track of her threads, and she is getting the first positive responses of her life on ATS once her picture was posted. Without her picture, though, people gave more honest opinions...

What's the point of living if you're not rich?

I say trust the no-picture responses.

Oh Alyssa is right about a lot of things, but that still does not constitute what she is trying to get at. And considering that she always goes on about cake, tea, being rich and living in a big house and having servants that whole Victorian thing I would say that is a pretty common dream and want of pretty much all females out there especially young ones. So its kind of hard to say that there really is anything abnormal about her, what is not normal is going on about it the way she is going on about the whole thing.

So ya its not like her shallowness is new and she is right most people and things are shallow and kind of obvious. She may have no emotions or may not have the capacity to certain emotions, and there are other people like her, but they don't go around like her and spout it all over the place because they don't care enough to do that, and she sure as hell is not logical or robotic like at all even if she wishes to be a transhuman, but then again there are plenty of transhuminists on ATS and they dont get all that much attention, who knows maybe they need to change there avatars.

Because she seems to be getting more attention now that she put up a easier on the eyes avatar, but that to is normal, and it does sort of prove her point in a way about people being shallow. But in the online world anybody can be anybody and avatars don't mean much. I could change my avatar to some eye catching pretty young woman then change my writing style a bit, [color=HotPink] even write in pink, hee hee gee guys. :shk: Then proceed to give out the vibe and atmosphere, and I probably would get way more attention and stars for even if I was saying absolutely nothing in any of my threads and posts.

So ya she kind of proves her own points with her own threads in a lot of ways, and she is doing it by saying absolutely nothing.
But off course she is completely right and cake is delicious, I wish I had some even as I am writing this. So Alyssa we going to get any answers to any of the multitudes of questions in your threads, or will the cricket symphony be playing its grand score again. Gee I sure do wonder which it will be. OK I lied, I do not wonder. /silence

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

So what are you trying to say...That she is french.
Now if she were really smart she would of wish to be reincarnated as that cat, or a some papered cat in noblewoman's estate, she really would have it easy then. Cake, tea, fancy cream and all.

Ah the finer things in life. Pardon me would you pass the grey poupon.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

But of course...

This thread is meh. Your water bong is meh. Your vapidness is meh. Everything is meh. Ohhh the humanity!

That post just laid me out.

Listen, man, I know what of I speak, the men in my family all suffer from some horrible form of congenital, pathogenic ennui that we have never been able to shake.

That kind of thing like Henri just kills me, I don't know why. I'm not smart enough to put it in to words, but it kills me every time.

Here are a couple of more examples. Careful the first one may make your head explode.

I was so happy I found it, I thought it would be very rare but it looks like a lot of people find it funny...

I was going to post another, but i can't find it. It was a Saturday Night Live episode that had a sad song about a child that had to say farewell to his pet lamprey.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Ah there's plenty of people that like corny, sappy, doinky and even plain bad comedy and acting. So as you know, your not alone. I on the other hand, and if by some bad luck I had to watch or rate that stuff.

I would have to give it one jolly good old chap, out of five jolly good old chaps.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Wars in another country.....meh
The starving......meh
The needy.....meh
A dying person..meh

So, these things have absolutely no effect on you whatsoever in feeling anything; to you they simply are not factors in your everyday life. That's actually a pretty selfish and self serving attitude. I am glad that not all of us think this way. The human race would have died out a long time ago. Life to me is more than trivial things and simple pleasures. Denying the things that happen in life that are travesties that happen to others does not make them less real. How interesting it would be if I could cut out the heart that makes me empathize and sympathize with others due to their strife... I would not be me anymore; and caring about others in my opinion, is the best thing about me.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

When you finish writing the book or thesis that I believe you to be researching, will you publish it here? As surely that is the only plausible conclusion one can draw given the data set.

~Heff

top topics

<< 1   >>

join