It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotable Quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Tearing a page out of the Readers Digest here. What I'm asking for isn't your own.....like that "other" thread, just some of your favorite quotes from your favorite people. Maybe they reflect your personality, your views or how you would like to see other people think. ( Think T's and C's though)

"I've always been a very career-minded person. Any vague resemblance of my life to a playboy's is merely coincidental!" Mick Jagger

Don't be shy people, go ahead and place your favorite one's here.

Just give credit where credit is due.

edit on 24-11-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

Happy Birthday LB...........ya putz.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Winston Churchill is my favourite:

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put

Lots more of his quotes here.

And my favourite of his...........

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

rockin

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."
-Ernesto Guevara

"Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
- Jesus

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put

That was cute.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"A penny saved is a penny earned."-Ben Franklin

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."-Thomas Jefferson

Great site for quotes.

www.brainyquote.com...

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Everything by Dostoevsky =)

"A man who lies to himself, and believes his own lies, becomes unable to recognize truth, either in himself or in anyone else, and he ends up losing respect for himself and for others. When he has no respect for anyone, he can no longer love, and in him, he yields to his impulses, indulges in the lowest form of pleasure, and behaves in the end like an animal in satisfying his vices. And it all comes from lying--to others and to yourself."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember what you said ~ Mark Twain

For those of us with a failing memory, this is GOLD!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"Faith, beliveing what you know aint so". Mark Twain ....My all time favorite quote is from Gerald Massey.

"They must find it difficult.... Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority".

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
George W Bush "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

George W Bush "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

Carl Jung "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Carl Jung "When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate."

Alan Watts "The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

Alan Watts "So then, the relationship of self to other is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself."

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Iam a quote addict...I have over 800 on a pinterest board.
Just found this one today...seems perfect for here.

top topics

join