It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I thought about 12/21/12 was wrong, and I'm worried.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I liked that line as well. It speaks to how important perspective is. That perspective could lead to people showing and expressing love which is "what the world needs now" to borrow a line from a song.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

His observation is that americans (USA) are going crazy about that date compared to other citizens in the world. He mentions that the people in Europe are more down to Earth on the December 21st 2012 date.

I don't have the bandwidth for YouTube videos but I'd suggest that people in the USA are more prone to this simply because it's still a fundamentally Christian country in comparison with the majority of Europe. For various reasons, Christianity is still deep-rooted in American culture in ways that seem strange to the 'Old World'.

Much of Millennialism, Apocalypticism and so on belongs to a very Christian eschatology. The framework is pretty much the same although, arguably, the trappings are different: a Christian end times with less Christ and more aliens, rogue planets, frequencies, vibrations and political/military/economic conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

there is some serious turmoil in the Middle-East right now but there is not enough time left for that to escalate into something that would seriously impact the entire world

Not enough time to escalate? Just what exactly gives you that idea? That could escalate to a world wide conflict in a matter of hours if the conditions were right.

ET will not save us, we cannot save ourselves.

Yes we can. First we need to get rid of the shackles that bind us. I am sure you can work out what they are.

Stop fearing death. Embrace it, live every remaining day like that is the day you will be remembered by, as opposed to live everyday like its your last.

Not logical Mr Spock! If it IS your last just who exactly is going to remember it?

Of course nothing is going to happen...................................

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I've never had a satisfactory answer as to whether or not the Gregorian Calendar shift has been taken into
consideration.

Lot's of date stuff here to do with 2012

In a nutshell you sort of have the horse before the cart. What we refer to in the Gregorian calendar as 21 Dec 2012 is out date for the Winter Solstice. If we changed the calendar again, that day of the Solstice would still be the end of the world because the theory is based on precession and not on any particular date. Bear in mind that different cultures use different dates. The solstice is the same for all of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
As for you survivalists out there who know that the S(will)HTF soon.. building bunkers and stocking up on non-perishables. What's the point? You will not come out of that bunker in 20 years to find utopia. Since realizing my hope that the 21st would be significant in a good way was wrong, I have some very simple advice.

Stop fearing death. Embrace it, live every remaining day like that is the day you will be remembered by, as opposed to live everyday like its your last.
edit on 24-11-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

I'm not one of those people, but I'd assume the will to survive and have offspring is what drives them... As that drives pretty much all of biology.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hi 1/2 Nephilim,

It is so sad to think that the only way we will accomplish change is through mega, worldwide disaster. I have hoped for change most of my life. I am different, born in a time when being different meant being ostracized. To this day I get odd looks from people for being different and it's not even a big difference! I am a human being born of different race parents. But the looks, the treatment I received growing up in the 60s was horrible. I was threatened with physical harm by both races, called racial slurs by both races, by the time I was 11, I was suicidal. My parents were into themselves and could care less the misery I was going through and didn't even acknowlege I was alive until by some unfortunate mishap caused them to notice me. Change for the better, I have hope and prayed for it. In order to fit into what is considered acceptable in this society, I would have to be extremely aggressive, selfish, heartless, etc. I will never be that way and for some reason, with everything I have gone through in this life, I am still friendly, hopeful, compassionate, giving, and willing to love.

My point, I agree with your last paragraph. Espeically about not fearing death, once you let go of that fear, everything changes for you, for the better. My signature "Enjoy Life Now" is a message for all those on ATS.
S&F for you thread.

Blessings and love,
yesterdaysreality
Life is to short!
edit on 25-11-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: typo

edit on 25-11-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: change

edit on 25-11-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
Well Shazzam, me too!
I'm also from Georgia.
I almost talked my ex beau into taking in the sights of the Guidestones. On a trip to Eatonton, I couldn't even get him to go see the Rock Eagle. We were only a few miles away.

He sounds lame, Rock Eagle is awesome. I LOVE the Native American stuff we have in Georgia. The Kolomoki Mounds in Blakely are amazing, especially Temple Mound A. I went in July for the 1st time since I was a kid and when I stood on top of it there was no doubt in my mind "This is a platform pyramid!" and I've been studying the local ancient history ever since, like daily...

The next place I want to go is Etowah, its supposed to be Mayan.. like Kolomoki is, or inspired by them at least.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Nah its not my original quote, its actually Dr.Seuss!

I had to look it up but the actual quote is "Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered." By all means, add it to that thread if you'd like. I think its a wonderful quote as well and imagine others around here could appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Originally posted by PuterMan

there is some serious turmoil in the Middle-East right now but there is not enough time left for that to escalate into something that would seriously impact the entire world

Not enough time to escalate? Just what exactly gives you that idea? That could escalate to a world wide conflict in a matter of hours if the conditions were right.

ET will not save us, we cannot save ourselves.

Yes we can. First we need to get rid of the shackles that bind us. I am sure you can work out what they are.

Not logical Mr Spock! If it IS your last just who exactly is going to remember it?

Of course nothing is going to happen...................................

Anything is possible, it COULD escalate very fast but I don't see it happening? Didn't Israel and Palestine just agree to a cease-fire? As for your 2nd statement, I think thats cool you have faith in humanity but I just don't... I think the majority of people are selfish idiots, can't help it. My life would be alot better if I could convince myself humans are generally good natured, oh well. As for the last statement I don't follow.. I wasn't saying live everyday like its your last. Its just an idea that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone actually remembering you, its more of just a way to live.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yesterdaysreality

Thanks for the kind words, thats really admirable that you stand by your convictions even though people have gone out of there way to give you a hard time. I try to be that way as well even though it usually bites me in the a$$.. I think another good piece of advice is to never have expectations, thats something I've been working on for awhile and still trying to get to where I have 0 expectations. When you get your hopes up and things go wrong its all the more worse.. When you expect bad things and things work out great it doesn't feel great, just kinda *phew*.. but with no expectations your never let down when things go bad and your all the more pleasantly surprised when things go well. For me 0 expectations goes hand in hand with not fearing death.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

Nah its not my original quote, its actually Dr.Seuss!

I had to look it up but the actual quote is "Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered." By all means, add it to that thread if you'd like. I think its a wonderful quote as well and imagine others around here could appreciate it.

I like your version BETTER!!! (May Dr. S rest in peace.)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I really liked this quote

live every remaining day like that is the day you will be remembered by, as opposed to live everyday like its your last.

I've never personally believed any of this 'we will evolve as a species' or be saved. I've only been observing our species worsening by each day. You can only change your immediate surroundings within a 100 foot radius. Some people can overhaul entire cities, but that's not me or the average joe.

It's ok to be a survivalist and prepare for a #F scenario because that can happen at any given moment, its just not ever going to be prophesied, to countdown to a date.

I do think Mother Earth is acting up and its becoming increasingly likely we could undergo a cataclysmic event.

Of course a change could come but it can only happen over time, many lifetimes in our years

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Hi 1/2 Nephilim,

You are very welcome
Yes, I agree with not having expectations if you are referring to people, even family. I think it is really healthy attitude myself. In fact, it took me years of practice to achieve low expecations, so you are ahead of me

FYI, I still feel something big is going to happen, I just don't know what or when. I live in Southern California, so maybe a major earthquake. Maybe the collapse of our economy. Who knows. Whatever it may be, I am enjoying today and will enjoy tomorrow to the best of my abilities. I hope you do the same.

Blessings and hugs,
yesterdaysreality

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join