It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Did any here see the CNN special last nght "the vew from europe"? What were your thoughts comments?
I was particularly interested in the view that europe and america are moving in different directions.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
could you give the link to the webpage with an article about this?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I didn't see that particular program, but I know it's been discussed quite a bit - at least in my country. I believe there's a lot of truth in is this assertion. The traditional view of a united western world is looking more and more as an idea of a distant past. Regrettably.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Bodrul it was a special live debate on CNN europe, not everytihing is on the internet.
Durden I found the english guy (I forget his name) to make a very compelling case especially considering the differences in the importance of religon between the US and europe.
Some of the figures stated.
In the US 70% of christians go to church on sunday
in france 7% go to church on sunday
in the UK less than 5%

My favorite quote though was "the belgian army has more hairdressers than special forces"
If you get a chance to watch a rebroadcast I highly reccomend it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My second favorite quote was "Take Bush, Kerry,Chirac, and Clinton they all say we will not tolerate a nuclear Iran, the difference is when Bush says it he means it and that scares some people"

top topics

join