It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umm, You guys realize that 12/21/12 is just a HOAX, Right ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I must admit it is fun to joke around about the world ending on 12/21/12 and knowing that it’s just a hoax, but reading a lot of post it appears that people are naive enough to actually believe this hoax, and are too lazy to look at where it originated or who is saying it.

Someone made a post the other day and they believe the that 12/21/12 end of the world prediction are correct, simply because Fox News was debunking this hoax and the poster choose to believe the opposite of what they hear on MSM. Yes, MSM does lie, but that’s just plain ignorant to get you facts based on the opposite of what MSM says.

Internet is full of information, a lot of it is correct, but then there is a lot of information that is inaccurate or just plain false. Information on the internet can spread like wildfire, depending on how intriguing, interesting, frightening and how many people it will affect will determine how fast and how far it will spread. Information spreads whether it’s true or not, just because more people heard it, doesn’t make it anymore true. Some of you might have heard of the “Tulip Mania” in the 1600s. For those of you that didn’t, well people started to believe that tulips are so valuable that the price of one tulip went up to 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. People invested their life’s savings and I’m sure many of you can conclude what eventually happened to the price of tulips. Sounds ridiculous now, but not back then.

Here is where some of this 2012 crap originated

In 1995 this woman Nancy Lieder founder of ZetaTalk claimed to be able to communicate with ET through an implant in her brain and they told her that an object (nibiru) would sweep our solar system and there will be a pole shift in May 2003 which will destroy humanity. Some of you might notice that this didn’t occur, we’re still here, so then the prediction was moved up to 12/21/12 to coincide with the end of the Mayan Calendar to make it more believable.

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee
with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The prediction has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups, most of which link the event to the 2012 phenomenon.

Terrance McKenna
Another guy who changed his end of the world prediction date to fit the Mayan calendar

en.wikipedia.org...

He believed that the events of any given time are recursively related to the events of other times, and chose the atomic bombing of Hiroshima as the basis for calculating his end date of 16 November 2012. When he later discovered that the end of the 13th baktun in the Maya Calendar had been correlated by Western Maya scholars with December 21, not far from his own hypothesized end date, he decided that the Maya were more likely to be right on this subject and he adopted their end date.

BTW, Mayans aren’t claiming that the end of the world is coming, only the end of their calendar is coming and a new one will be replacing the old one.

For those that are saying the elites or TPTB know of something that is going to occur on 12/21/12 and are hiding it from the public, well this can be easily proven. If the world was ending in less than 30 days do you think the elites would be busy investing their money right before the world ends and money becomes worthless. No, they would be cashing in, buying supplies, bunkers and whatever else is needed and the stock market would be crashing and not making record highs.

Here you go, picture is worth a thousand words, just follow the money and you will see what everyone is thinking. When the stock market starts crashing and the volume starts dropping, then there might be a reason for panic, but none of the is happening at the present moment.

Anyway, if you’re going to believe something, at least consider the source where it came from....but there will always be gullible people who will believe ridiculous claims and spread them as fact.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
oh good
edit on 24-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Or is it?
Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

All great lies are based on a grain of truth. That's what makes them sound so believable. Or maybe we're just tired of this world. I know I am!

edit on 24-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Well common sense and logic don't usually go down well around here, but i'm with you on this one.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on this.

There will be many relieved people once the word gets out.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
no way dude they made a movie about it and everything

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Thanks for doing some research on this I've wondered where it all began.

I don't think it's fair to say it's a hoax until 12-22-12. If the world does end on 12-21-12 you are going to look awfully silly my friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
Some of you might have heard of the “Tulip Mania” in the 1600s. For those of you that didn’t, well people started to believe that tulips are so valuable that the price of one tulip went up to 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. People invested their life’s savings and I’m sure many of you can conclude what eventually happened to the price of tulips. Sounds ridiculous now, but not back then.

So your saying things that might not even be real can still have a effect? I'd say your right. So even if this does turn out to be not true, it could still have a dramatic effect.

Also, I'd think we've all come to the conclusion that the world will not end, and you are correct the Mayan did not say the world would end.

Just who IS saying the world is going to end? I don't think I've ever read that.

Best outcome - Nothing will happen.
Worst outcome (maybe?) - The end of the world as we know it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi OP

I don't believe Wikipedia to be a valid source of reference, so if you don't mind, I'll keep hoping for a Zombie Apocalypse to eradicate the human race.

Rev

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yea, I'm just saying that it just didn't make sense to me that the world is about to end and the stock market is soaring. There would be different patterns we would see, if the TPTB knew something, then there would be a lot of "Elites" quitting their positions and preparing for the end, but none of that is happening either.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

12/21/12 is not a hoax
I know for sure that that date exists, it's even a friday. I know lots of things are going to happen on that day also, it will be a booming day for businesses when people do their last minute shopping.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just finished posting about this myself.

Even though we know (or at least think we know anyway) that nothing is going to happen, it still affects us due to so many people discussing it and it being a current issue. Even though we "know" nothing is going to happen, it has already affected us in many ways.

Maybe we should all get t-shirts saying "I survived Dec 21 2012" ?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SproutKY

Great T-shirt idea! Well, I don't think the end of the world is coming, but I sure know that a lot has changed - I will be walking into a completely different society than the one I lived in back in 2001, when I told my best friend at the time that I would call him in December 2012.

So onward - towards new issues to be confronted and new lessons to be learned.
edit on 24-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

I have never heard an ounce of any of that...and I still believe "something" will happen. Yet, I won't be surprised if nothing happens...but isn't it a little much to just say this is a hoax? I mean, those people you mention are claiming its the end of the world, and here you are claiming it isn't. Both you and the others are making strong claims about something nobody knows anything (factual) about, nor can be proven either way... right? You are those people, just the opposite claim.

Anyways, a friend of mine visited the Mayan region for a study abroad thing. We were really into the whole 2012 conspiracy (I think this is the main reason my friend went), so he actually got a Mayan native on skype for me. He thought we were crazy, and said the "prophecy" relating to 2012 refers specifically to a piece of text. All it says: "He steps down.".

Granted - This is all just "hearsay", believe me or don't...could care less

edit on 24-11-2012 by hidden0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't think the world will end, I am just hoping it will.

LOL

it really needs a good reset. Humanity needs a good culling.

It is a state of suck entirely unheard of.

"OH!" world ends......

at least we will be rid of this as well:

good riddance.

edit on 24-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidden0
reply to post by taws6

I have never heard an ounce of any of that...and I still believe "something" will happen. Yet, I won't be surprised if nothing happens...but isn't it a little much to just say this is a hoax? I mean, those people you mention are claiming its the end of the world, and here you are claiming it isn't. Both you and the others are making strong claims about something nobody knows anything (factual) about, nor can be proven either way... right? You are those people, just the opposite claim.

Well, you're probably looking in the wrong place then. Where are you getting your facts from then ?

There is absolutely zero scientific evidence showing that world will end on 12/21/12. And obviously the elites think so also, otherwise, we would see some chaos in the stock market, especially now with less then 30 days left.

Call me crazy, but I refuse to believe some nutcase saying that she has the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that an object would sweep through solar system on May 2003 and when that didn't happen she changes the date to 12/21/12.

Just like many other, I myself would like to see a lot of changes to happen in this world, but those that are banking on someone major change to occur on 12/21/12 will be very disappointed on 12/22/12. Inevitably some major changes will need to occur, but I don't think they will be happening in less than 30 days

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

at least we will be rid of this as well:

You mean drugs and alcohol ? Nah, will never get rid of that.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
So onward - towards new issues to be confronted and new lessons to be learned.
edit on 24-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

that's about all we can hope for or look forward to at this point... not the End, but, prerhaps, a new beginning, even.

i'll have the breakfast special, please(?) thanks dear. eggs over easy w/ wheat toast, as usual, if you would..

same same as the morning of the 20th

edit on 11/24/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Will Australia and New Zealand see all this
happen 11 hours before the rest of you ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join