It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Ad Hints Terrorists Want Kerry to Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A new Bush/Cheney ad seeking to show John Kerry as a possibly weak commander & chief that terrorists would like to have elected rather than George W. Bush. By using powerful imagery and gut-wrenching words in this new ad they are seeking to bring out the emotions of the American people, and portray Kerry as a weak leader.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Wolves prowl through a forest in a new television ad that says "weakness attracts those who are waiting to do America harm," a suggestion by President Bush's campaign that terrorists would seize on a John Kerry presidency.

"In an increasingly dangerous world, even after the first terrorist attack on America, John Kerry and the liberals in Congress voted to slash America's intelligence budget by $6 billion," an ominous voice in the ad claims. "Cuts so deep they would have weakened America's defenses. And weakness attracts those who are waiting to do America harm."
Using powerful imagery, the ad suggests that the country would be vulnerable with Kerry at the helm and seeks to make the case that Bush's opponent doesn't understand the threat terrorists pose to the United States. It also attempts to undermine Kerry's credibility by portraying him as someone who shouldn't be trusted with keeping the country safe.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The propaganda and imagery used in this new ad attempt to recreate the fears we have felt since 9/11, a powerful exploitation of emotions by the Bush/Cheney campaign. The Bush/Cheney campaign will stop at nothing to gain your vote. Moral questions don't bother them in campaigns, do you think they do will in the Oval Office?

Related News Links:
www.miami.com

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
The propaganda and imagery used in this new ad attempt to recreate the fears we have felt since 9/11, a powerful exploitation of emotions by the Bush/Cheney campaign. The Bush/Cheney campaign will stop at nothing to gain your vote. Moral questions don't bother them in campaigns, do you think they do will in the Oval Office?

So the Kerry/Edwards campaign have not used the same tactics?

Please...both sides will use anything to swing votes.... The Kerry/Edwards campaign will not stop at anything to win people's votes either......this, unfortunately, is part of politics if you didn't know....

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Funny how 9/11 happened on Bush's watch. Then he flips it around to launch pre-emptive wars on undeserving countries and people, then once again flips it around to try and regain the presidency. It makes me sick as an american and I feel that he has no right what so ever to use anything related to 9/11 for his own gains considering the lack of a real investigation into the accused "intelligence" problem that caused the biggest terrorist attack on american soil. Remember it was his shift that this happened on and if you want to blame anyone George W. Bush needs to be held accountable along with these supposed "terrorists."
John Kerry had nothing to do with it and I am willing to bet "if" Kerry is elected we will see no more of these terrorist attacks leaving bush and cheney stuck with their foot in their mouth and reels and reels of footage of them proclaiming terrorists are coming terrorists are coming.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Bush seems to think that no-one in the US has heard of Chicken Licken.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If you were "the terrorists" who would you want to win?

ANYBODY BUT BUSH......Sounds familiar, doesn't it?..LOL

Why is this surprising? Why is it news at all?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
If i was a terrorist i prob would want bush to win (same if i was a contracter in industry)

For the terrorists point of view every attack he does will gain more support for a terrorists "cause"

For The Contracters point of view i can get a contract for any damage done (as long as everythings being damaged people will have no choice but to pay to repair the objects = more money for me in the longrun

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Really, how does Bush "know" the "terrorists" want Kerry to win? Unless of course he has close relationships with these "terrorists"?

Is this admitance that he is on closer terms with them than he is letting on?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good job Bush! When you realize that most people in the world don't want you to win an election; it's rather easy to pick one group people don't like to single out as wanting Kerry to win. Or for this case Bush didn't even have to single out a group of people, just a type of person.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find it funny how they say it was the first terrorist attack in the USA. Guess they don't remember the original Twin Tower bombing, Oklahoma City Bombing, the burning of that church with those girls in it, etc....

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
wow... kerry is anti war.... he's been that way since Vietnam for gods sake... terrorists know if kerry was elected they wouldn't have to worry about the US.

Terrorosts hate us because we have something they dont....

Stable government and FREEDOM!!!

They will keep attacking us until we have neither... How can more people not see this?

top topics

join