It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock throwers shot at by border security -16 year old boy killed who was not involved.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sure thing Wrabbit.
When the final report comes out, hopefully there will be a bit more clarity.
What lies between if it's a sad story of if it's just another typical story is that one detail. What was that kid doing there?
Once that information is released, there will be a fine line between whether it was right or wrong.
I think it is suspicious, but if the child had played a part in it, I could almost guarantee they would have mentioned in it the article - For the defense of the BP officer who was involved in the shooting.

Will be interesting what the verdict is!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

I agree about being anxious to hear how this investigation pans out. After the way Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean were railroaded by their own agency and Government to not just do time....but HARD time in a bad prison with most of it being spent in solitary over shooting that smuggler several years ago. I don't trust anything about public relations for giving the agents the benefit of the doubt. They won't necessarily report anything positive about them at all. The FBI is who I'll be more confident in seeing come out with something approaching an accurate account of what happened based on facts and physical evidence.

If they shot the kid under circumstances that were vicious or punitive to 'get back' at people throwing rocks and not out of a sincere concern for their safety and lives? I'll agree they need canned and stuffed into a prison cell. The agent who fired and whoever would be backing a B.S. story.

I'll just avoid assuming that, personally. That's a bad BAD border region with Nogales being a rough area to begin with. Over 40,000 dead civilians and counting. That was the last total I saw for the Mexican Civil/Drug War between Mexico City and the Cartels. ...or in this case, the Sinaloa Cartel, the Federal Police and the Beltran-Leyva group until very recently. That's the backdrop this event happened around and it matters for context. It won't surprise me a bit to find the kid was a mule or a 'soldier in training' to the local boss running the smuggling operation he was apparently standing in the middle of.... I'll sure be watching this one closely to see how it turns out.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1plusXisto7billion

Makes total sense now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This description is graphic but I wanted to drop back here and add this for context. When a border agent shoots back over the fence...THIS is what he's likely thinking about, at least in part, for who is being fired at.

The state prosecutor's office for missing people says 11 male bodies were found in Ejido Jesus Carranza, near the U.S. border about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southeast of Ciudad Juarez. Officials say they apparently were buried two years ago, a time when the area was wracked with battles between drug gangs.

Officials said Sunday they also have found eight bodies tossed along a road near Rosales, about120 miles (200 kilometers) southwest of Ojinaga, Texas. It said they had been shot in the head after being tortured. Some had been burned, beaten and had eyes carved out.
Source
The 11 old bodies may not be of interest but the 8 recent ones sure are.

There aren't any "innocent children" in the middle of Cartel activities. If they were innocent before, they aren't for long at all....or they're carved like turkeys and dumped in the ditches to show other kids what happens when one doesn't cooperate.

It's a burtal nightmarish world down there right now with the civil war and you'd think shootings like this thread reports would raise interest in the horror happening. No... Of course tho..there is an American cop of some variety involved, so the need to burn the cop like Joan of Arc is far too pressing to look at the system which produced a situation where mere kids were in the middle of a smuggling operation in direct armed conflict with U.S. border authorities.

Always,...the cops fault. Yup. Easy answers....and the dead bodies south of the border just keep piling like chord wood.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm not convinced this boy was innocent . And I can't believe that some folks don't seem to understand that it's a bad idea to throw rocks at people with guns. And unequal use of force ? Rocks are pretty deadly weapons ; just ding a 3 or 4 pounder off the head of someone who does'nt think so and if they ever recover ask them again .

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Ok, everything's been pretty well covered. Just a slightly different direction?

I'm seeing posts saying the kid was shot seven times, in the back, while running, in the dark, with none of the first six shots knocking him to the ground?

It seems we have the world's greatest marksman who must have been firing BBs, or does this shooting situation make sense to you?

Stopping power is a myth. Unless you hit the central nervous system or a long, weight-supporting bone, someone who's shot won't necessarily fall down. The 5.56mm NATO in particular isn't known for its immediate tissue disruption (or at least, the version they're using now isn't).

As for this? The US-Mexico border needs a friggin' DMZ. Put up two walls a mile apart, and say anyone between them is there illegally and subject to arrest or being shot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join