It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Iv always had an interest in the universe since a very young age, and anyone who knows anything about it should realise the possibilty of us being alone is practically nil, rather than the other way round, thus ufo sightings have always interested me too.
Of course i never expected to see one myself but starting last year, me and a friend were spending most of the night looking at the stars (we saw an awsome shooting star) and we both spotted this light that was beginning to move across the sky, at first i thought it was a satalitte but then i noticed its movement was curved, to an extent that by the time it left our vision of the sky it had changed direction by some 90 degrees. We both thought it was kinda weird, but didnt think much to it, during last summer we both remember seeing the odd one here or there again.
Then this summer again we were together again under the stars and (by this time) no great surprise we spotted another one, throughtout the summer we spotted one basically everytime we tried for a few minutes. Then just a couple days ago i got my friend round for a 'light' spotting as the sky was really clear that night, plus i had just bought a quite decent pair of binolcuars so i could try and get some kinda shape to this thing, or even other details, but as luck would have no sighting whatsoever, now its hard to spot one and since havnt seen one. im beginning to think activity comes in spells ( i live in the uk btw), certainly next time i spot one im gonna have my binoculars handy! Anyway, any you guys seen something similar or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just a quick update for anyone interested, i finally spotted one tonight, ran and grabbed my binoculars and after much difficultly (its v hard trying to keep them steady) i got one of them in my sights, well i think i can safely say its a UFO now, def no satalitte, quite clearly had a spherical shape to it, dare i say the clich� of saucer shaped. Anyway well pleased with this, i really do believe now, suppose the one remaining question is whether its a government one or of alien origin

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about! When ever I get the time to take my telescope out on a clear evening I can almost guarantee I will spot these objects. Most are probably man made but some seem to move in patterns that would almost rule out any kind of sattelite. I actually tracked one on a clear fall night from the northern horizon to the south western horizon. My telescope can gather a lot of light so I was able to make out some sort of light or reflection coming form the object and could see that it looked metallic. It was definitely larger than any sattelite that I had ever observed. I think maybe it could have been the space shuttle, early stages of the space station or a low orbit sattelite. Who knows though, it could have been something a little more interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Iv always had an interest in the universe since a very young age, and anyone who knows anything about it should realise the possibilty of us being alone is practically nil, rather than the other way round, thus ufo sightings have always interested me too.
Of course i never expected to see one myself but starting last year, me and a friend were spending most of the night looking at the stars (we saw an awsome shooting star) and we both spotted this light that was beginning to move across the sky, at first i thought it was a satalitte but then i noticed its movement was curved, to an extent that by the time it left our vision of the sky it had changed direction by some 90 degrees. We both thought it was kinda weird, but didnt think much to it, during last summer we both remember seeing the odd one here or there again.
Then this summer again we were together again under the stars and (by this time) no great surprise we spotted another one, throughtout the summer we spotted one basically everytime we tried for a few minutes. Then just a couple days ago i got my friend round for a 'light' spotting as the sky was really clear that night, plus i had just bought a quite decent pair of binolcuars so i could try and get some kinda shape to this thing, or even other details, but as luck would have no sighting whatsoever, now its hard to spot one and since havnt seen one. im beginning to think activity comes in spells ( i live in the uk btw), certainly next time i spot one im gonna have my binoculars handy! Anyway, any you guys seen something similar or is it just me?

I think this might interest you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Just a quick update for anyone interested, i finally spotted one tonight, ran and grabbed my binoculars and after much difficultly (its v hard trying to keep them steady) i got one of them in my sights, well i think i can safely say its a UFO now, def no satalitte, quite clearly had a spherical shape to it, dare i say the clich� of saucer shaped. Anyway well pleased with this, i really do believe now, suppose the one remaining question is whether its a government one or of alien origin

ya isnt that crazy? for all we know, what ufo's we do see could have some government dude with a suit and tie cruisin around. and if so, hes got the coolest job in the entire world.

new topics

top topics

join