It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SARS IS MORE DEADLY THAN WE HAD IMAGINED.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What are you talking about Estragon?

The infection rates are still more then 100 people a day world wide, 75 alone in china.

It's not "finally getting around to reporting" thank you for you kind interjections though.

As I've been telling some others that kinda lead me here to waste time, the only reason you aren't writhing dead in some hospital way right now, is because of the "over-reaction" that been taken about SARS, this is much worse then cholera which is usually restricted to dirty water ways.

It's not about death rates.

It's about Infection Rates and recovery rates. And SARS is way up there.

It may look pretty because we have so many facilities to handle SARS patients, but it's nothing the sort, the full deadliness of this disease is in its ability to collapse the infrastructure.

It's much worse than if the USA lost all power, all freeways and all modes of transportation other than the horse.

There are still nearly 5000 people hospitalized because of SARS, and the number isn't going down as fast as would be nice.

*EDIT* I do understand what you mean by the fact the predictions here haven't come true, some here were pretty out-landish, but mainly based through ignorance of all that is going on.

However that Canadian slogan is it? "Stupid American Reaction Syndrom" is very annoying, considering that this disease if not immediately handled as if it were the plague, would be everywhere by now.

The USA has known cases of SARS in almost 30 states, this is USA, a country that should be able to easily handle such things.

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by ELSFAW]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I just love what Randy says to Stan in South Park "There is only a 98% chance that I will live"

This is nothing to fear.. And it is getting faar to much media attention..

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Oh helix ... sorry to say but no. Didn't I post the Daily infection and death rates here?

SARS has too slow of a recovery rate to be saying such things Helix.

Without the massive effort we're putting forth, the world economy could have collapsed by now as tens of millions need hospitalization.

I can't remember where I've posted all the statistics I've posted them so many other places, if I missed here, oh well...I'm too busy to bother with them now.

But the statement "It's getting too much media attention" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I just got my first taste of what media attention is being given to SARS...and it shocked me.

How many people do you think in the USA have SARS? The paper said 30....CDC has confirmed 64 at least and a suspected 300 more.

I think what's happening is that the News is giving you say mid-April's results, WHO doesn't seem to be giving their updates directly to the media and so the media is reporting figures that seem fairly out of date.

The USA stats is a good example.

If anything, the media isn't talking enough about SARS.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELSFAW
Without the massive effort we're putting forth, the world economy could have collapsed by now as tens of millions need hospitalization.

That's simply not true. It doesn't spread as fast as the flu nor is it as contageous as the flu.

How many people do you think in the USA have SARS? The paper said 30....CDC has confirmed 64 at least and a suspected 300 more.

Do go back to CDC and WHO and track a flu outbreak.

If anything, the media isn't talking enough about SARS.

Just today they're saying that the quarrantine efforts have worked. The number of new cases is dropping off.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know what the WHO is saying but if you'd actually bother to research your claims you'd see it's too early to say that it is contained.

The past four days there has been a small decline in daily infections, but no where near what it was early last month where it was going from 30 infections one day, to 80 the next, and then sliding back down to 30 over a week.

It's too unpredictable.

And it's more than safe to say that SARS is as easily if not more communicable then the Flu.

Though it's not spreading as fast as it could be due to the efforts of all the medical establishments of infected areas

But then I guess you just know everything don't you? At least everything you read in your local newspaper establishment?

I'm not talking about comparisons to actual cases today with say the flu, there'd be almost no flu cases if they were treating it like SARS.

I'll tell you again, SARS is as communicable as the flu, if not more so. And what's worse is when SARS is communicable is still not known, is it only with symptoms or even during the incubation period? We just don't know.

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by ELSFAW]

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Warning over new killer diseases

Dr Brundtland urged countries to work together to fight diseases
Global health chiefs have urged countries around the world to be on alert for new killer diseases.
The World Health Organization has warned that new diseases could spread in the wake of the deadly Sars virus.

Officials have urged governments to work more closely together to try to deal with the threat.

The call was made at the WHO's annual assembly of its 192 member states in Geneva on Monday.

'More outbreaks'

Dr David Heymann, head of its communicable diseases unit, suggested fresh outbreaks of deadly viruses were almost inevitable.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join