It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Religious right and the Republicans joining forces to take over America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
marg6043

I think in a way you are correct but not just with the Bush White House. There is a LOT of evidence that there are a group of religious fanatics that do indeed intend to turn this country into a "Christians Only" Nation.

Cant have it both ways. Either separate church and state or combine them and make the churches pay taxes!

I say most churches would say - Nevermind, I'd rather define my own beliefs and NOT pay taxes thank you. State run churches don't sound very fun. They will have to have a uniform belief and pay taxes.

Then again christians here can't even agree. Suppose state takes over churches and decides Catholisism is the countries religion do you think the Baptist and mormons are gonna go for that? I believe there are a few countries in Europe that have a state run religion, can't remember which country..............um some type of Scandinavian Country.

This is why separation of church and state highly benefits the believer and christians should do everything in their power to keep them separate if they wish to continue their freedom of belief and no tax system. Yet we see so many trying to blur the lines. You can't have it both ways, it just doesn't work.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join