It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which is the most corrupt country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
title speaks for its self.

which country is most politacly corrupt?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The question is not as straight forward as it sounds. Are we talking covertly corrupt e.g. UK/USA or overtly corrupt e.g. most, if not all of Africa.

Also at what level are we looking at corruption?? After all a Police Officer taking a bribe from a motorist is a lot different from an elected politician taking a bribe from a multinational company.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
high levels

police
judges
army
politictions
and so on

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'll go with The Vatican

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think this is a thread that could lead to more hate, because we're entering in a game of comparisons where everything that's happened elsewhere on the board will happen again here. Some people will bash on France, making the French posters angry. Other people will bash on the U.S., making Americans angry.

I'm sorry, I just don't see that it serves any purpose. And I don't think a country's - or even a government's - corruption is something you can "measure".

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just to avoid an argument, I will say mine, with its current administration

Thats right, I said it!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well I dont think any country on the planet is free of corruption so to some extent they all are corrupt.

I think the most corrupt countries are ones that are run by powerful Drug Cartels. In some of these countries they pretty much run the show, and are some times even more powerful then the goverments in which they live.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I vote for kidfinger. Undoubtedly the US has the most corrupt
practices in place than any other place on Earth, and it will
one day bite them all on the heiney. With the upcoming election,
we are only replacing one corrupt with another corrupt.
Let the civil war begin please!!
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have to say the US or Russia. For the record I have lived in the US my entire life. Of course I hate to say this but Russia's goverment has been pretty corrupt since the U.S.S.R. broke up.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well I don't know.....France does have its moments in the old corruption stakes. They always seem to do what ever they want to do regardless of world opinion.

Remember when the French Secret Service planted an IED on the Green Peace ship 'Rainbow Warrior' when she was moored in Auckland NZ???

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here's a funny concept:

They're all corrupt.

They all have their own secrets.

They all will take severe measures to keep those secrets.

They all have a degree of oppression upon their citizens.

They all desire the most control of thier population that they can get.

So it's pretty inconsequential to as which is "most" corrupt, as every one of them has "blood on their hands" in one way or another.

So then it's just how much corruption does the world know about for each country?

Because they all have their hands in the pot, and that's the way they like it.

X

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

Remember when the French Secret Service planted an IED on the Green Peace ship 'Rainbow Warrior' when she was moored in Auckland NZ???

Ah the death of the Rainbow Warrior a little French state sponsored terrorism.

More proof They're all corrupt.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Alas, when ever we find somebody who's honest power goes to their head. Such a shame, the problem with democracy is more people get to be corrupt, and everybody wants as much cash as the next guy. Yeah, I have to agree most goverments are corrupt. It's been that way since ancient times.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So then it's just how much corruption does the world know about for each country?

that seems to be the billion dollar question xatnys. with so much effort being put into the classification of documents we might never know, or at least not until we are old grey men. throughout history government has taken advantage of its people, with the common man so far out of the loop its no wonder cooruption among officials is at a all time high. with the empowering tools of sophistication brought on by the technical revolution our leaders have that much more insentive to maintain their grasp on the oh so niave populace.

i would say the government is only as corupt as it is secrative, they are the smartest ones among us, that is why they are elected. they know when they have too much on their plate long before we do. their number one priority is to keep us in the dark about the issues that are most damning.

i doubt we will ever have any concrete evidence as to the exact corupting policies the governments of the world enact. the paper trail is coming out of the chimany!

the most corupt? hands down, The United States of America. however, they are certainly not the most criminal.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you want a answer, you want get it because yours is a relative question and relative questions don't have an answer.

If you want my opinion, I think U.S. is. The basic system is corrupt. If you have the money (and some power), you literally win it all.

Not that any country is perfect or anything. In fact all countries are corrupt because they all depend on money. As long as money exists, corruption will too.

Surf

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My vote goes to Russia.

Any country where you can buy a nuclear submarine through the mafia has to take the cake!

(saw it on the history chanel)

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
bodrul,

i used to live in st albans!

interesting fact, and totally unrelated to thread. sorry.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Can you believe someone out there actually ranks this stuff? For your consideration:

1. Bangladesh
2. Nigeria
3. Haiti
4. Paraguay, Myanmar (tied)

The entire list can be found here: Transparency.org

On a happier note - Finland and Iceland are the least corrupted countries.

[edit on 10/21/04 by Bleys]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good find Bleys I thought it was interesting that the US ranked only 18 out of 133. A far cry from the bottom of the list.

I guess you could just say the higher ranked countries are just better at hiding their corruption then those lower on the list.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Most corrupt?
The capitalist ones.
All the others come a close second.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join