It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy 'pregnant' with twin brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A seven-year-old boy who was admitted to hospital with stomach pains was actually "pregnant" with his twin brother.

Doctors at Chimkent Children's Hospital in Kazakhstan originally believed Mourat Zhanaidarov was suffering from a cyst.

But during surgery, they discovered he was in fact carrying the dead foetus of his twin brother.

The foetus had developed into a tumour but was found to have hair, nails and bones.

'No longer alive'

Doctors at the hospital told the BBC the tumour was the remains of his twin brother's foetus.

They said that while it was no longer a living substance it was feeding off the boy's blood supply.

If left unchecked it could one day have threatened Mourat's own life.

It was remarkable

Valentina Vostrikova, Chimkent Children's Hospital
The tumour has now been successfully removed.

It is believed that the foetus grew inside Mourat while he was developing in the womb.

Doctors believe the two foetuses should have developed into conjoined twins.

"At first we saw that the boy's organs were squeezed by a large hard swelling covered with black hair," one surgeon told a British newspaper.

"As we washed him, we could see that inside him he had his own twin brother. Mourat had been a Siamese twin but nobody knew it.

"Something had gone wrong during his mother's pregnancy and the baby grew inside his brother."

Valentina Vostrikova, chief surgeon at Chimkent Children's Hospital, told the newspaper: "It was remarkable. For seven years it lived like a parasite inside the boy's body."

Doctors at the hospital told the BBC they were unable to explain the phenomenon.

They suggested a number of factors could have played a role, including malnutrition in the mother.

news.bbc.co.uk...

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
incredible!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
OMG!! No way!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If you go to some of the "You'll never believe it" sites or books, you'll find that this has been recorded before: I'll pitch a bucket in the drivel-well and see what I can come up with.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
As promised: a drivel-favourite - just a few:-
Fourth article: if one would wish to besmirch the term by applying it to such drivel: website.lineone.net...

Under May 30th, here:

asylumeclectica.com...

asdf.org...

According to AFP reports, a Chinese farmer grew to adulthood with the partially developed foetus of an identical twin inside him. �..The six-kilo cyst contained an ossified foetus�.. after carrying the dead but still-developing--thanks to the spleen artery--cyst for 28 years. The thing had genitals the size of those of a three-year-old boy but also featured a foetal-style navel.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Never seems to happen in Peoria, or Tunbridge Wells...does it?

Alice laughed. �There�s no use trying,� she said: �one can�t believe impossible things.�
�I dare say you haven�t had much practice,� said the Queen. �When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I�ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.�

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Good story...........amazing

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What a story

Falcon

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
SO WHO GOT HIM PREGNANT?WAS HE BOTH MALE AND FEMALE.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It would be an extreame case of fetal attachment syndrome. Oh man, wonder what the spilt personalities of those people must be like?!

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

new topics

top topics

join