It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other side of violent extremism in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have been glued to the news and various live feeds in Gaza like many, this weekend. It breaks my heart to see children dying in what is ultimately a senseless conflict. Like everyone else, I have my own opinions on the conflict, and it's no secret that I believe in Israel's right to exist as a nation.

Today however, I decided to dig deep and research some of the accusations brought up by ATS members in related threads that were leveled against Israel. While I still find no evidence to support the idea the Jews are living on someone else's land (it could be argued that was the case when they first conquered it thousands of years ago, but it is no more the "Palestinian's" land than it is Britain's), some of the information I encountered was quite disgusting.

I know that there are extremists in every political or religious leaning, and I certainly do not brand all Palestinians as being supportive of Hamas, or all Israelis supportive of the current conflict. However, the purpose in creating this thread is to present a balance. Being a supporter of Israel's right to exist as a nation, I feel it's important to also look at the dark side of Israel. One must be unbiased in all matters of research, and I am attempting to present this article in an attempt to remain level headed and respectful of the other side.

Source:

How to kill Goyim

Israeli Source

As soon as it was published late last year, Torat Ha’Melech sparked a national uproar. The controversy began when an Israeli tabloid panned the book’s contents as “230 pages on the laws concerning the killing of non-Jews, a kind of guidebook for anyone who ponders the question of if and when it is permissible to take the life of a non-Jew.” According to the book’s author, Rabbi Yitzhak Shapira, “Non-Jews are “uncompassionate by nature” and should be killed in order to “curb their evil inclinations.” “If we kill a gentile who has has violated one of the seven commandments… there is nothing wrong with the murder,” Shapira insisted. Citing Jewish law as his source (or at least a very selective interpretation of it) he declared: “There is justification for killing babies if it is clear that they will grow up to harm us, and in such a situation they may be harmed deliberately, and not only during combat with adults.”

So there you have it. There are extremists in Israel that openly excuse the murder of children. BOTH sides have nut jobs in their ranks. For those of you who support the state of Israels right to exist, please keep in mind that Israel is not exactly innocent. There are monsters on both sides.

Edit to add:

This is NOT a thread for hateful people to bash the Jewish people OR the Palestinian people. If you want to spew hate, write your own thread. I wrote this to be honest with myself and with ATS.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've seen this before, but thanks for posting it.

Hopefully, this video will prompt one to think twice before they posts their clips of Islamic extremists... (to make a point that Islam teaches killing. )

edit on 19-11-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
One of the things that is important to me in evaluating these things is whether the comments or actions in question represent government policy. Remember the pastor in the South East who decided to burn a Koran? As far as I can remember, he was not endorsed by any governmental body or even by a significant denomination. We all can agree on the existence of extremism in any group, but the rabbi who wrote the book seems as individual as any of the modern crackpots. And, as far as I know, he hasn't put any of his ideas into practice.

Yes, there are extremists who commit violent acts, but does their government or religion shelter and encourage them?

Still, I am glad you posted this, we should always be watchful for problems arising anywhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
MY UNDERSTANDING WAS WRONG.

I apologize for the impression I created in my post. It appears that the problem is more significant than I first thought. Let me provide a link to an article: Alternet I understand that Alternet is a very questionable source, but it does open up a new avenue of thought.

Apparently, there is a faction in Israel which operates with impunity in it's teaching of intolerance toward others. I don't want to prejudice anyone by deciding what snippets are important, so I encourage you to take a look at it as a whole, but with a grain of salt. More research is required.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
MY UNDERSTANDING WAS WRONG.

I apologize for the impression I created in my post. It appears that the problem is more significant than I first thought. Let me provide a link to an article: Alternet I understand that Alternet is a very questionable source, but it does open up a new avenue of thought.

Apparently, there is a faction in Israel which operates with impunity in it's teaching of intolerance toward others. I don't want to prejudice anyone by deciding what snippets are important, so I encourage you to take a look at it as a whole, but with a grain of salt. More research is required.

The more research I do, the more evidence I find that the ultra orthodox Jews in Israel are just as despicable as their Jihadist counterparts.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
The more research I do, the more evidence I find that the ultra orthodox Jews in Israel are just as despicable as their Jihadist counterparts.

Many refuse to recognize the State of Israel, participate in the politics, resist military service yet they wont leave and they demand protection.

Meh....

edit on 19-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Being a supporter of Israel's right to exist as a nation, I feel it's important to also look at the dark side of Israel. One must be unbiased in all matters of research, and I am attempting to present this article in an attempt to remain level headed and respectful of the other side.

Thank you for making this thread.

reply to post by SLAYER69

An increasing number of people who formerly supported the policies of the Israeli Government or actively served in the millitary are becoming more and more critical about it.

Breaking the Silence
edit on 19-11-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Being a supporter of Israel's right to exist as a nation, I feel it's important to also look at the dark side of Israel. One must be unbiased in all matters of research, and I am attempting to present this article in an attempt to remain level headed and respectful of the other side.

Thank you for making this thread.

reply to post by SLAYER69

An increasing number of people who formerly supported the policies of the Israeli Government or actively served in the millitary are becoming more and more critical about it.

Breaking the Silence
edit on 19-11-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

Love your Avatar

Also: Thanks for posting the video. I watched the whole thing and I'm glad to hear there are reasonable people on both sides.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

top topics

join