It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bill Clinton eyes U.N. post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Former United States President, Bill Clinton, has his eyes on the UN. According to Clinton insiders and a UN senior source, he would like to take the job when Kofi Annan's term ends early in 2006. No American has ever been U.N. secretary-general, but the United States is both host country to the United Nations and the major contributor to its budget.

interestal ert.com
"He definitely wants to do it," the Clinton insider said this week.

A Clinton candidacy is likely to receive overwhelming support from U.N. member states, particularly the Third World. Diplomats in Washington say Clinton would galvanize the United Nations and give an enormous boost to its prestige. But the former president's hopes hang on a crucial question that will not be addressed until after the presidential elections: can he get the support of the U.S. government -- a prerequisite for nomination?

The political wisdom is that a second George W. Bush presidency would cut him off at the pass. The notion of Clinton looming large in the international arena from "the glass tower" in New York would be intolerable to the Bush White House. If Democratic candidate, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., wins on Nov. 2 the prospect of Clinton as secretary-general won't exactly be welcome either, but Kerry would find it much harder -- if not impossible -- to go against it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Intresting enough that if Kerry loses the election, Hillary Clinton would probably run in 2008. So Bill would not only be the possible UN Secretay General, but also the first man. Anyway, alot would be at stake in both of their political careers. I have to disagree that Bush being re-elected would halt him from acquiring this position. If the UN is to get back to what it is supposed to do, I think Clinton can do it. It would play favorable in the US, no matter who is elected.

Nothing has been confirmed from Bill Clinton Himself. Story will be updated as more is learned.

Related Articles:
Worldnetdaily

[edit on 21-10-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Possible I guess, but I really doubt it would happen. Saying that though, I may end up eating my hat. It would certainly make things "interesting".

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He's a master politicial mediator and he genuinely gives a hoot. While I think Carter would have been better, he is more world renowned.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hey I would love to see him in the UN, I think he will do a great job and he is also very good speaker and charismatic.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This could quite possibly be the start of the New World Order, in keeping with the theme at ATS. Eh, I guess time will tell....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey I would love to see him in the UN, I think he will do a great job and he is also very good speaker and charismatic.

What marg said.

He's a consummate diplomat, and would be great in the UN.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
He's a master politicial mediator and he genuinely gives a hoot. While I think Carter would have been better, he is more world renowned.

You have got to be kidding....the best president in our lifetime?

That idiot did more to destabilize the US in general than any other US president ever did....well unless Kerry was president...in comparison Kerry would probably make Clinton look like Mother Theresa...

Oh and btw...yeah he would fit right in with the UN proposal to disarm the US....he tried to do it when he was in office....while he was arming and selling/allowing to steal military technology from the US to the Chinese and other communists countries.....

Hey Trick...I totally agree with you...this would trully be the EVIL NWO everyone keeps talking about if Clinton is ever head of the UN.... and with Hillary as possible presidential US candidate in 2008...

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bout Time - unfortunately, Carter will be 82 by the time Kofi Annan steps down.

And this is all hoping the United States allow the UN to survive. I'm starting to feel that at the very least, a Bush II presidency would probably take the US out of the UN - perhaps even call for its dismantling.

But that's a topic for another thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

That idiot did more to destabilize the US in general than any other US president ever did....well unless Kerry was president...in comparison Kerry would probably make Clinton look like Mother Theresa...

Oh and btw...yeah he would fit right in with the UN proposal to disarm the US....he tried to do it when he was in office....while he was arming and selling/allowing to steal military technology from the US to the Chinese and other communists countries.....

Hey Trick...I totally agree with you...this would trully be the EVIL NWO everyone keeps talking about if Clinton is ever head of the UN.... and with Hillary as possible presidential US candidate in 2008...

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Muaddib]

Give me a break, Clinton did the most destablizing of America than any other president, thats bull#. Just take a look at our current president, hes lead us into a war on false premises, and since hes become President he pushed our allies away, and now the world is more anti-American. I think Clinton would do a great job as UN-General, hes help with the 3rd world countries before, hes a great man. I hope Kerry is elected this time, so he can bring back our allies.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Three yrs ago I was told that Clinton would seek the position of Sec. Gen. of the UN.
HE WILL GET IT ! The big winner will be the IMF & World Bank.
If ANYONE thinks the UN is an organization without evil intent, they need to do some
serious research.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CMCLA2003
Just take a look at our current president, hes lead us into a war on false premises, and since hes become President he pushed our allies away, and now the world is more anti-American.

The false premises you are talking about came from the whole world's intelligence.... They were saying wmd existed before the war in Iraq, just read the 1999 UNSCOM report....... it wasn't just Bush, and for your information Clinton was saying the same thing as Bush did......

Clinton went as far as to attack Iraq in which hundreds of people died in a mosque as a supposedly milk factory was bombed under Clinton's watch...some other places in Iraq were bombed under the command of Clinton... Clinton also called for a coalition, yes it was formed under Clinton's watch, and he said that more force would be used if necessary to disarm Saddam and Iraq.....and so did say Kerry....

When Bush said in the second debate that Saddam would still be in power if Kerry was president Kerry said and I quote: "not necessarily".....

The only way that Saddam wouldn't be in power is if he was ousted like the coalition did....

The whole world was saying there was evidence that wmd were unnacounted for in Iraq, meaning that Iraq still had....

The only difference is that countries like Russia, France, China, Germany and some others just wanted more sanctions on Iraq so they could pocket more money in programs like the oild-for-food scandal...while 500,000 Iraqi children died once more...

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Muaddib]

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yep, he probably saw some ugly intern on the UN bench and wanted to start an international relationship with her.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And you are how old? Has the puberty fairy visited you yet? I really do try to respect everyone's opinions, but the empty rhetoric and false allegations that are the mainstay of your posts beg for some sort of age verfication system prior to a post being posted. Do yourself a favor and pick a Right Wing mentor from the moderator list, look at their arguments which have had the due diligence of vetting Freeper propaganda prior to them registering them, and take their cue.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
And on that note. Please keep the personal attacks out of the thread Period. This is an ATSNN discussion not a mud pit one.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Your talking about Reagan? Then you and I are in agreement. But Clinton, the Best president ever?. Pardon me a moment while I do the heimlich manuver on myself..... Oh much better now. Clinton led with his groin, managed to leave GWB with a burst bubble of an economy. Had the oppurtunity to get Bin laden (In all fairness though, no one could have predicted the scope of 911) embarked on cozying up to the Chinese, negotiated a deal with the NK that gee isint working........ and on and on and on and on. May have had Vince Foster and Ron Brown "taken care of" etc etc.

No Clinton as U.N. Sec General? What a joke. Jimmy Carter maybe. he was a crappy president as well, but does have good respect world wide. His downfall would be his age. But then again Kurt Waldheim was older too.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
....the hardcore rhetoric. I said best president in our lifetimes, not ever.
Reagan!?! It was Poppy Bush & the co presidency between Nancy & Poppy....when was Reagan actually president?
GWB had a recession start on his watch
GWB had the most horific attack on US soil happen on his watch
GWB inherited an economy coming down from historic growth & turned it into both a recession & a multi-trillion dollar deficit on his watch
GWB inherited sound policy on the containtment/engagement of NK and completely ignored them on his watch
GWB timeline with North Korea:
Jan/2002: Bush declares North Korea Axis of Evil member

April/2002: Bush releases $95M to North Korea, paid in full with no inspection clause to be enforced, stating that the decision was "vital to the national security interests of the United States".
Bush gave NK $95M & waived inspections!?!?!?

Don't even get me started on those Bush Crime Family & China connections!

I know Snoopy, and that dog just don't hunt!

top topics

join