It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans for Kerry: Avalanche has started!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"When in the course of a lifetime, it becomes necessary for a born Republican to refuse to support the re-election of the party's incumbent president, to exercise his discretion, and in all good conscience, to vote for an opponent (even a Democrat), a decent respect to the opinions of his fellows requires that he declare the causes that impel him to switch. I am grateful to the Republican Party for the support it gave me on each of three elections as judge. I respect many of the party leaders in Ohio. Nevertheless, my loyalty to the party must give way to my love of this country. I consider it a patriotic duty to speak up when the future of our democracy is at stake."

- The historical tone of Ohio Republican Judge Robert L. Black's impassioned plea for electoral sanity is designed to hit at the heart of serious-minded conservatives everywhere. Let's hope they get to read it.

"Throughout my tenure and beyond as the 30th governor of this state, I have been steadfastly aligned -- and until recently, proudly so -- with the Minnesota Republican Party. It dismays me, therefore, to have to publicly disagree with the national Republican agenda and the national Republican candidate but, this year, I must. The two Say No to Bush signs in my yard say it all. ... I am more fearful for the state of this nation than I have ever been -- because this country is in the hands of an evil man: Dick Cheney. It is eminently clear that it is he who is running the country, not George W. Bush. ... In both presidential debates, Kerry has shown himself to be of far superior intellect and character than Bush. He speaks honestly to the American people, his ethics are unimpeachable and, clearly, with 20 respected years in the Senate, he has far better credentials to lead the country than did Bush when he was elected four years ago. And a far greater depth of understanding of domestic and foreign affairs to do it now."

- Elmer Anderson, former Republican Governor of Minnesota, has penned one of the more ferocious "about-face" (in more ways than one) editorials supporting Kerry.

"If John Kerry wins, it remains to be seen whether his administration will be more willing to break with its ideological base than a Bush team that has been slavishly loyal to its corporate paymasters. But there is no remaining shred of doubt that another four years of a Bush presidency would have a toxic effect on American politics. If George W. Bush is re-elected, unlimited corporate power, cynicism, and division will ride high in the saddle. ... This unreconstructed Bull Moose will run with the donkey in November."

- Marshall Wittmann, a former aide to Senator John McCain (R. Ariz.), joins the growing landslide for Kerry.

"I have been a Republican since my teenage years. I proudly served as a senior political appointee in the Reagan and Bush senior administrations at the US Commerce Department. I believe that George W. Bush has essentially stolen my party from me. ... I am a Republican who is supporting John Kerry because I believe it is unpatriotic to stand by and do nothing while our government is bankrupted and our principles trashed. I want to be able to look my grandchildren in the eyes and say I did my best to maintain the legacy of our great country for them."

- Dr. Tim Ashby explains why he is a Republican who is supporting John Kerry.

Here is a website that I'm sure Free Republic types will look to garner names from, death threat wise: Republicans for Kerry

And more good news ( or bad, depending on your grip of reality - as in lack there of
):

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004: Kerry 271 Bush 257

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
And more good news ( or bad, depending on your grip of reality - as in lack there of
):

Bush has good news for us too, but he's still keeping it a suprise!

This database is another good resource for trying to keep up with the Republican leaders and groups, Independents, Scientists, Diplomats, Military Leaders, Nobel Economists, etc. coming out against Bush and for Kerry.

But it's falling behind. There's a new validated petition of Methodist Ministers going around to condemn their non-attending "members" in poor standing, Bush/Cheney, for basically "criminal acts and immorality." The usual run of the mill evil.

In case you're keeping score at home.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hahahaha! And people still think Bush will win, legally anyways. he couldn't before, what makes you think he will again?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
An avalanche? More like a little anthill to me. Where do these people
keep coming up with this garbage? Bush is going to win, so get
used to it.
ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh no! A Republican senator from Ohio doesn't like President Bush! Guess that means Bush is going to lose the election!

Just another thread full of liberal garbage.

That's all you get around here anymore. Either liberal I HATE BUSH crap or conservative KERRY IS SATAN crap.

Vote for who you want and shut up, please.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But Kwintz, it is fun! Also, Ohio goes to the winner, sorry, when has Ohio not gone to the winner?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz

Just another thread full of liberal garbage.

HUH!?!?

Nothing manufactured, nothing added. Just clear, concise and linked reasons as to why Republicans have lost faith in their president & are deciding the better option in Kerry

If you were transfered into a unit where the non-commissioned officers & your fellow grunts tell you that they've lost all faith in the CO because hes incompetant & has gotten too many of them killed, wouldn't you take their opinion to heart?

Wake up, because the opposition fights back, it doesn't mean that the message is suspect.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well well. They just got back from their Final Desperate Tactics for Democrats powwow. Another poster has started a similar thread featuring Carl F. Worden as their source. Typical if-you-say-it-enough-times-you'll-begin-to-believe-it.

Here's a source for ya - Democrats for Bush.

Did you think you had exposed some type of new phenomenon called "crossing party lines"?

You guys crack me up.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Four Republicans aren't a movement. They're a rounding error

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
But Kwintz, it is fun! Also, Ohio goes to the winner, sorry, when has Ohio not gone to the winner?

ATS has become very political. Too poltical for my tastes. I used to come here every day and see severla interesting threads. Now that 9 out of 10 recent threads have something to do with Bush or Kerry, I find myself stopping by here maybe once a week, and even then to see if any important U2U's were sent.

ATS ahs the same political BS as everyone else has. Deny Ignorance my ass.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What will happend to bush in this elections is going to be the same results that his father before him got.

Now if you are in the close circle of busisness partners that have all to gain if bush win and everything to lose if Kerry does, well then you will see who is more desperate than who to made sure bush wins the election, now how about the people?

top topics

join