It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US M-88 ARV hit broadside with an RPG - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A short video of an M-88 Armored Recovery Vehicle being hit by an RPG.

forum.vif2.ru:2003...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
omg the armored veichle was hit pritty bad! there's no too mutch chance to survive a rpg hit like this..

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is like the 4th clip Ive seen today on ATS that has to do with violence in Iraq. What happened? Did they all get released at the same time?

Anyway, I bet those insurgents ran like cowards after they hit the APC with the RPG.

Insurgents:"We will shoot you in the back because we are wussies and afraid to face you man to man.. ALLAH AKBAR!"

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstAid
omg the armored veichle was hit pritty bad! there's no too mutch chance to survive a rpg hit like this..

The M-88 is based on teh same chassis as the M1 Abrams, herefore the crew would have been pretty well protected. IMO it looked much worse than what it was.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have seen this footage a few months ago in the news. I don't remember how many KIAs were mentioned (if any), but the vehicle was towed away later. It was totally burned out...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Insurgents:"We will shoot you in the back because we are wussies and afraid to face you man to man.. ALLAH AKBAR!"

People who say these sorts of things always amuse me. What are they supposed to do? The're probably two to five of these guys, with no training and a few ancient AKs to defend themselves.

Let's boil this down. You are an insurgent, poorly armed. What would YOU do after firing at Americans:

A) Stand around to be shot at by a superiorly trained and equiped enemy.

B) Stand around to be bombed by American aircraft.

C) Run away, because that's the only option where you get to live.

DE

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Anyway, I bet those insurgents ran like cowards after they hit the APC with the RPG.

so americans bomb the sh*t out of a place before they send anyone in
are the american armed forces cowerds?

anyway its better to run and live to attack again
not get killed in the process.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Let's boil this down. You are an insurgent, poorly armed. What would YOU do after firing at Americans:

A) Stand around to be shot at by a superiorly trained and equiped enemy.

B) Stand around to be bombed by American aircraft.

C) Run away, because that's the only option where you get to live.

DE

I choose D

D) Lay down your arms, quite fighting and give your people a rest from the violence. Also, give the new Iraqi gov a chance to do its job.

If they would choose that , we would be outta there in 6 months tops.

Edit: If it had been some of your children from the UK, or Canada in that video, you would have been a little upset at them as well. so backupoffme

[edit on 10/21/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

D) Lay down your arms, quite fighting and give your people a rest from the violence. Also, give the new Iraqi gov a chance to do its job.

The Iraqi insurgents don't want a democracy they want a theocracy. Yes D is the best answer but they also want the virgins in heaven.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
A short video of an M-88 Armored Recovery Vehicle being hit by an RPG.

forum.vif2.ru:2003...

I think this would be more suited to the weapons forum.

You are presenting this as a weapon effect example.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed

The Iraqi insurgents don't want a democracy they want a theocracy. Yes D is the best answer but they also want the virgins in heaven.

or they want the US forces of their soil

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Oh that explains why they like blowing up there own people.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by bodrul

Oh that explains why they like blowing up there own people.

not all the insuregnts target suvilians ( apart from the ones link to bin ladin and his group )

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good job finding another interesting Video mad scientist
This one was new to me, I have seen the chopter one before but the other one with the american troops fighting I have never seen.

I cant get that one to play though.

Anyone eles read that thread about Iraq urban legends? Number 2 I think was that the Abrams has a force field. I guess these guys didnt hear that rumour yet.

top topics

join