It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden and Zarqawi's October Surprise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We have yet heard what the October Surprise is. If there is one, it will most likely be Bin Laden. Here's an OpEd piece that is interesting to read.

www.truthout.org...

I will now comment on some of what the writer said.

How will American voters respond to the news?

This is a questions that could go both ways.

To be fair to the White House spokesman, the truth offers far less appeal. Mr. Bush's war of choice has now forged two new enemy alliances. He has united the followers of bin Laden and Zarqawi. And, he has pushed them together with Saddam's former supporters in the Sunni triangle.

Way to go Bush! Enemies of the world unite! Thanks to the generous war offered by the Bush Administration.

Whether he sees any of this, maybe his handlers know. It might even fulfill one of his religious fantasies, creating a clash between Christianity and Islam that so many of his supporters seem to crave. Between denying reality and never admitting mistakes, Mr. Bush has led us into the realm of self-fulfilling prophecy.

How then does the Bush campaign sell such a suicidal mission?

By repeating a "War on Terrorism" to the American Public no matter how they look at it.

Vote for us ... or die! Kill them there before they kill us here.

"You're either with us or against us" - George W. Bush

I guess he's referring to everyone on the Planet who doesn't support his Administration.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A few thoughts...

Strange as it seem, no one really knows if the two leading figures are still alive, or where they are, or even if the elusive Zarqawi, who supposedly received medical treatment in Baghdad, has one leg or two. From the various photos of him in the world's press, he looks like several different people.

From what I hear, Iraqis want to know where the hell this Zarqawi is? They suspect, correctly, that Zarqawi is a figment of Bush and Rummy's very active imagination. (Not to say he wasn't real) Many claim he died in an attack. They're using him as yet another boogie man. Wake up people!

But, whether bin Laden and Zarqawi are living fugitives with $25 million rewards on their heads or dead martyrs now manipulated by others, their forces have apparently joined together in their name. How will American voters respond to the news?

With that kind of money on their heads, I'd say they woulda been turned long ago. That's a lotta denero. But then again, the Iraqis do NOT trust our government and its word. They probly think they'd just be offed after turning 'em in - that is, if they even exist - and then no pay out. I can't blame them. The Bush administration has acted abomidably throughout.

So far, Team Bush has responded with caution, as if unsure whether an in-depth look at Zarqawi will help or hurt in the election campaign. White House spokesman Trent Duffy simply repeated the old refrain: "We always said there were ties between Zarqawi and al-Qaida, which underscores once again why Iraq is the central front in the war on terror."

No, they don't want anyone looking into this. They just want you to trust them.

Sure there are ties. This whole F-ing Iraq mess was created by BushCo. It is they who are the terror masterminds. It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to connect the dots.

To some, Zarqawi's present merger might suggest the opposite - that he was not working for al Qaida before, just as he was not working for Saddam when he hid out with Ansar al-Islam in remote Kurdish areas in northern Iraq, where Washington had greater control than did Baghdad. As an old speechwriter once said, never let facts stand in the way of a good story.

This character, like Bin Laden, is/was a creature of BushCo.'s making. Of all the areas he was in, he was in our sphere of influence. What more does one need to know?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
geez - how many boogeymen do we need? the government r the terrorists full stop.

really gets me down what dirty tricks are being played on the masses

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
bluemeanie, you're right on the money$$$$...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think that this is going to be a perpetual game, because the game is just starting.We are going to see some intresting things take place...Maby when there is another "superpower" in the world we will see an end to this manufactured foe.What a way to keep the perpetual wheel of the war machine turning, than by creating a reason to do so...war is money, its just too bad that some day this will all backfire in a huge way.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

But, whether bin Laden and Zarqawi are living fugitives with $25 million rewards on their heads or dead martyrs now manipulated by others, their forces have apparently joined together in their name. How will American voters respond to the news?

With that kind of money on their heads, I'd say they woulda been turned long ago. That's a lotta denero. But then again, the Iraqis do NOT trust our government and its word. They probly think they'd just be offed after turning 'em in - that is, if they even exist - and then no pay out. I can't blame them. The Bush administration has acted abomidably throughout.

You know what happened to the guy that help find Saddam's sons each which had a 15 million bounty on their heads?

He was killed by Iraqie insurgants for turing on them and for taking the side of the US. 30 million dont mean much when your dead.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The guy who led the US to Saddam didnt get # either or so i heard... the US somehow wriggled their way out of paying him. Because he was captured by US forces he wasnt entitled to the reward... of course they didnt tell him this untill after he sqealed

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
The guy who led the US to Saddam didnt get # either or so i heard... the US somehow wriggled their way out of paying him. Because he was captured by US forces he wasnt entitled to the reward... of course they didnt tell him this untill after he sqealed

Well the information that lead to Saddam came from a whole bunch of different people so its really hard to say who should get the money. Perhaps they should split it between all the people but I dont knwo if thats easy to do fair.

But then again 25 million split between even say 25 people is still a nice amount of money.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

I guess he's referring to everyone on the Planet who doesn't support his Administration.
[edit on 21-10-2004 by mrmulder]

Well if you post his words maybe you ought to get them correct, May I?

Having issued directives to guide his administration�s preparations for war, on Thursday, September 20, President Bush addressed the nation before a joint session of Congress. �Tonight,� he said, �we are a country awakened to danger.� The President blamed al Qaeda for 9/11 and the 1998 embassy bombings and, for the first time, declared that al Qaeda was �responsible for bombing the USS Cole.� He reiterated the ultimatum that had already been conveyed privately. �The Taliban must act, and act immediately,� he said. �They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.� The President added that America�s quarrel was not with Islam: �The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every [emphasis mine] government that supports them.� Other regimes faced hard choices, he pointed out: �Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make:

Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.�

President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. �Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,� he said. �It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. �The President had a message for the Pentagon: �The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.� He also had a message for those outside the United States. �This is civilization�s fight,� he said. �We ask every nation to join us.�

Thursday, September 20, 2001 G.W. Bush

That has a bit different meaning does it not?

[edit on 21-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Whats your point Edsinger?

He's strayed from his war, the world has seen the war for what it is.

Afghanistan was justifiable and the world backed him there and the country is fine (more or less).

Iraq has nothing to do with the real war on terror and the world realised this... look at the place now...

The world is turning against him but their not with the terrorists... so looks like no-one really cares about what bush said anyways coz the world see's him for what he is... a war hungry asshole

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Whats your point Edsinger?

I think there is a BIG difference between

and

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.� - George W. Bush

Dont you?

Originally posted by specialasianXHe's strayed from his war, the world has seen the war for what it is.

Well the whole world hasnt, I for one think the war in Iraq was nessesary and here is why,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

&

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by specialasianXAfghanistan was justifiable and the world backed him there and the country is fine (more or less).

Well that was only a part of the war on Islamic fundementalism, remember they took many shots at the US and it did nothing of matter in response, then came 911 and someone at that ol White House had had enough. Now we take the war to them.

Originally posted by specialasianXIraq has nothing to do with the real war on terror and the world realised this... look at the place now...

Oh but I beg to differ, Iraq is the only place where we could logically succeed. This is not as big a disaster as the press leads you to believe.
Read the above links

Originally posted by specialasianXThe world is turning against him but their not with the terrorists... so looks like no-one really cares about what bush said anyways coz the world see's him for what he is... a war hungry asshole

No he is doing what the Commander in Chief is supposed to do, he is protecting the United States of America. You must not be able to understand, but saddam DID have ties to terror and this is a proven fact.
Just read the 911 Report. As for Al Qaeda he was involved with them also.
We had to go to war, WMD or not. Either that or we wait to get hit again. I prefer that old saying

"The Best Defense is a good Offense"

Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties
By Scott Wheeler
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
October 04, 2004

One of the Iraqi memos contains an order from Saddam for his intelligence service to support terrorist attacks against Americans in Somalia. The memo was written nine months before U.S. Army Rangers were ambushed in Mogadishu by forces loyal to a warlord with alleged ties to al Qaeda.

Other memos provide a list of terrorist groups with whom Iraq had relationships and considered available for terror operations against the United States.

Among the organizations mentioned are those affiliated with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Ayman al-Zawahiri, two of the world's most wanted terrorists. Zarqawi is believed responsible for the kidnapping and beheading of several American civilians in Iraq and claimed responsibility for a series of deadly bombings in Iraq Sept. 30. Al-Zawahiri is the top lieutenant of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, allegedly helped plan the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist strikes on the U.S., and is believed to be the voice on an audio tape broadcast by Al-Jazeera television Oct. 1, calling for attacks on U.S. and British interests everywhere.

www.cnsnews.com...\\SpecialReports\\archive\\200410\\SPE20041004a.html

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I think there is a BIG difference between...Dont you?

Yes, your quote is a lot worse!

And can you explain to me how CSN is able to get this "INcredible information" that not even the White House can get their hands on?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

I think there is a BIG difference between...Dont you?

Yes, your quote is a lot worse!

And can you explain to me how CSN is able to get this "INcredible information" that not even the White House can get their hands on?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

man If I only knew the answer, the documents have now been made available, go read the story. They have been verifed by independent folks. Hey they could be fake, but fake a secretaries notes? This is big if real. Please post about this after seeing the case I am making or trying to for a link...you will find it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Bush's has been trying to throw the war on terrorism into all his failures to offer a sorta well lets look at the bright side of this we are that much closer to winning the battle in terrorism. This blind misdirection through the show of fruitful advancement where none exists is exactly what I despise most about politics today. Their arts of deception have evolved to a point they can tell you they are guilty of having decieved the public and then turn aroundd and make it look like they didnt by saying they lied, and was trying to get the mission complete they are grand standing on.

As an example

Bush's cabinet said.....well the Iraqi WMD issue was slightly dressed up by the intellegence community and that their intel (you have to laugh there intelligence in the Goverment) was faulted and appeared to show more of a risk than actually existed. and we started this war to protect Iraq and its neighbors from the "madman" leader Saddam who held them in an iron fist. Now everything is shown to be a screwup but they say hey there where terrorists elements there and we freed Iraq from Saddam so when we screwed up our intel it actually worked to our advantage in the war on terrorism.......See there is that bright side dismissive thing there. We were wrong, we know we are wrong but hey you cant do anything about it cause we are getting the terrorists. Then things start surfacing Reagan sold WMD materials to Saddam and that was not anywhere near to my knowledge if I would have heard this I would have hit the roof.

So you see a cover up mentality existed in the earlier years.

Now they dont cover up they tell you they did it but hey you cant be mad at us cause the side effect of our screw up it were closer to winning the war on terror. makes you kinda sick they people still dont get it they screwed up do something about it and do something about the people that died because of the screwup.

God save us from ourselves we when can be so blinded that we cant see this one and ALL of us.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

President Bush argued that the new war went beyond Bin Ladin. �Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there,� he said. �It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped, and defeated. �The President had a message for the Pentagon: �The hour is coming when America will act, and you will make us proud.� He also had a message for those outside the United States. �This is civilization�s fight,� he said. �We ask every nation to join us.�

Not the way I see it. As I've stated earlier I sitll believe he's referring to everyone on the Planet who doesn't support his Administration. So it doesn't matter how he says it. Look here:

"Over time it's going to be important for nations to know they will be held accountable for inactivity," he said. [b["You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

November 6, 2001

archives.cnn.com...

Sorry I don't agree and furthermore after sourcing my finding it proves I am correct.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
i]Originally posted by edsinger

mrmulder: Not the way I see it. As I've stated earlier I sitll believe he's referring to everyone on the Planet who doesn't support his Administration. So it doesn't matter how he says it. Look here:

You're correct, Fox. That statement was understood as such universally.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
mr mulder and east coast kid are right....to me this man just said he is authorizing a witch hunt and that our views dont matter this guy sucks.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Is this pig still alive?! I could hardly guess, he died in jungle disease... probably I'm wrong. Anyway, how is he?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yoda Speaking about and to Bush

This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.
You are reckless!

A Jedi�s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side are they. Easily they flow, (quick to join you in a fight.) If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan�s apprentice.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
Yoda Speaking about and to Bush

This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.
You are reckless!

A Jedi�s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side are they. Easily they flow, (quick to join you in a fight.) If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan�s apprentice.

This is funny and yet so true RECKLESS INDEED

top topics

join