It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldiers cutting loose in Mosul firefight - Video - Watch This

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I came across these videos at another forum of a firefight in Mosul. Talk about massive firepower, it's like the wild west with the soldiers whooping and hollering.

dover.warblogging.com... (2,374 KB)
dover.warblogging.com... (3,599 KB)

Christopher Allbritton wrote:
Thanks to a civilian source in Mosul, I have some footage of an attack on or near the American consulate up there, and the soldiers' response. If you don't find it impressive in its ferocity, you'll at least agree that it's loud. I'm sorry I can't stream these files. My server doesn't support it. But you can download the files by clicking on the images above.

The back story on this battle is thus: A civilian in Mosul sent me this footage of an August battle between American forces and insurgents in Mosul. The people in shorts and t-shirts are not contractors; they're soldiers who got caught up in the battle when it flared up suddenly. They popped on some body army and got into the fight.
From my source:

It's deadly around here -- we are right against the city, not out in the boonies. I wasn't here ten days before a firefight broke out about 50 meters from the office I work in. [This is the video sent to me -- CA] I've lost count of the car bombs, and the mortars are commonplace. Had two guys in a Stryker brigade killed last Tuesday -- car bomb outside the gate. Avoid this place -- do not come up here; without military security you will get killed.

These videos were shot by a soldier and given to the civilian. I suspect it was a little digital camera that had MP4 recording capability, but I don't really know. Anyway, this shows you a little of what combat -- and life -- is like in Mosul.

We've been hearing that Mosul is in danger of turning into a Fallujah of the north. When I get back to Iraq in mid-November -- yes, you read that correctly -- I'll be up north and have an embed opportunity. Then we'll get to see more of what's going on.

www.back-to-iraq.com...

[edit on 21-10-2004 by mad scientist]
Edited caps lock out of title - dbates
Added file size and cap.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The first of the two videos was pretty impressive. Looks like a 50 claiber on the roof laying down cover fire so they could fire a rocket at the attackers. Who in their right mind would attack that building. (U.S. was clearly on defensive there)

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow that was hardcore. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in the middle of something like that. That was definitely impressive footage.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The first of the two videos was pretty impressive. Looks like a 50 claiber on the roof laying down cover fire so they could fire a rocket at the attackers. Who in their right mind would attack that building. (U.S. was clearly on defensive there)

Hows the guy in the 2nd one in his shorts and T-shirt carrying the AT-4 rocket. He seems pretty keen to fire one off.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
jeez is that a bazzoka fireing? in the first one
yeah soldiers get taught to make alot of noise when thier under fire that way it can scare the enemy.
jeez thats some serios fire power. did they need all that?

[edit on 21-10-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That was funny when the camera panned down to show that he had shorts on.
I'm guessing that they came under attack and he threw on his vest and helmet, grabbed a rocket launcher and sprinted to the roof. He was chomping at the bit to use the thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is it just me or did it seem like the soldiers weren't that disciplined ? Possibly a National Guard unit ?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It didn't seem like they were not disciplined to me. They were just pumped up. All the hooting and hollaring doesnt mean they're not disciplined soldiers. It's not like our guys are some kind of hardcore solemn killing machines. They're people like you and me, and if I was in that kind of situation I think I'd be getting pumped up too.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Is it just me or did it seem like the soldiers weren't that disciplined ? Possibly a National Guard unit ?

they were disciplined i think , probably young troops? adrenaline does some weird things.
why werent the troops fiering? only the .50 on the top seemed to be fireing. they passing mags out to the saws but i never seen them fire.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They seemed to be pretty organized. Guy on the roof is using overwhelming firepower so they could bazooka whoever was attacking. They let up afterwords, and started handing out ammo. Since we can't see the attackers, we don't know, but I'm guessing they were using excessive firepower. I'd probalby do the same thing in their position.

Second movie the guy with the camera told whoever had the rocket launcher not to use it. He seemed dissappointed and said something like "Well, they are using everything else." Most of those guys/girls (Saw a girl on the first) are probably under 25, . (I was 19 when I went there During Gulf War I.) They were pumped and ready to go, but showed restraint when asked.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Awesome videos! Lets see some more! Anyone else have anymore wartime vids?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
That was funny when the camera panned down to show that he had shorts on.
I'm guessing that they came under attack and he threw on his vest and helmet, grabbed a rocket launcher and sprinted to the roof. He was chomping at the bit to use the thing.

I think he got his wish, I'm pretty sure it was him in the first video letting off an AT-4.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think you're right. Watch the first one again. After they fire the rocket, someone asked "Was that an AT-4?" To which someone responed. YEEAAAHHH !!! Someone else made the comment, "We got him" . I think that did the trick. Sandbags or walls, aren't good cover from AT-4s

It is designed to allow individual gunners to destroy such targets as enemy tanks and armored vehicles.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nice footage.

Funny thing is, they were probably only shooting at one or two guys. One shot one kill? That's just a cliche.

Mass fires on the target. That's a tactical truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
is it me or are those guys having a little too much fun laying waste to the city?

either way someone must have really pissed the off

@#%$*&%#@$!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thats wild, kids at work hey.

I would have to say that being that camera man would be a very very scary job, Id rather have a gun for sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
[edit on 22-10-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Thats wild, kids at work hey.

I would have to say that being that camera man would be a very very scary job, Id rather have a gun for sure.

Know what you mean, I'm sure his gun is close by

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The "hopping and yelling" is meant as a way to pump each other up and strike fear into whoever they are fighting. Anyone who thinks these guys aren’t disciplined doesn’t know the US military.

Funny thing is, they were probably only shooting at one or two guys. One shot one kill? That's just a cliche.

Mass fires on the target. That's a tactical truth.

As far as the army goes anyway. However yes, the goal is to dump enough lead on the target to demoralize them quickly.

As far as I can tell we are only hearing two or three guns shooting in these videos. The rapid higher pitch sound is a S.A.W and the lower thud sounding shot is a 50 cal.

S.A.W (Squad Automatic Rifle)

50 cal

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I dont know about anyone else but i cant get the links to work...just a blank page ???

Help anyone??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join