It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Bad Does Kerry Want To Be President.... Could've Fooled Me..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

John Kerry returns from a goose hunting trip Thursday morning with Rep. Ted Strickland, D-Ohio.

Kerry began his day Thursday by going goose hunting in Ohio, but his real target was the voters who may harbor doubts about him. He returned after a two-hour hunting trip wearing a camouflage jacket and carrying a 12-gauge shotgun, but someone else carried the bird he said he shot.

"I'm too lazy," Kerry joked. "I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus."

Good to see where his priorities are at... Can we expect this same thing if he gets in the White House ?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well if he wins he lets see if he can take as many vacations as Bush.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have no problem with vacations or the number of them....

however if I was running for president and really wanted it, I wouldn't be out hunting 12 days before the election.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

He already has exceeded Bush's vacation time. Just look at his senate record!

Bush was on vacation 13% of the time in his first 8 months in office. Kerry has showed up to work 13% of the time over the last year.

I have a real problem with someone who is too busy to carry their own bird because they are too lazy and giddy from the Red Sox winning. What will the burdens of the Presidency do to him? Don't forget that after the second plane hit on 9/11 Kerry said that he was in shock and paralysed for at least 40 minutes, unable to think or do anything. And THIS is the guy some people think should be President???

Jemison

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I have no problem with vacations or the number of them....

however if I was running for president and really wanted it, I wouldn't be out hunting 12 days before the election.

It's a photo op, designed to show he's not going to take away your guns. And, the added benefit is the business talk that can go on in private. I wouldn't be surprised if Strickland was now being pegged for a cabinet position.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
It's a photo op, designed to show he's not going to take away your guns. And, the added benefit is the business talk that can go on in private. I wouldn't be surprised if Strickland was now being pegged for a cabinet position.

That certainly is the intent of John Kerry's little adventure, too bad it's not the truth of the matter, he does want to make the Second Amendment a moot point.

nraila.org
Kerry, unlike 56 of his fellow Senators, is not a member of the Congressional Sportsmens Caucus. With more than 300 members in the House and Senate, it is one of the largest Caucuses in the U.S. Congress, and is "open to Congressmen and Senators who are sportsmen or who support the concept of sustained use and wildlife management, even if they do not themselves take to the fields and waters to fish, hunt or trap."

Source.

John Kerry, what will PETA think now? Time to start eating tofu for the next special interest flip flop... Errr... I mean photo op.

Well Armed Monkeys, not just for High Noon anymore

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

The question is "how many vacation did Bush take BEFORE the 2000 election?"

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think he wants people to realize that he is a true hunter and that his hunt for the terrorist will be real unlike the claims of Bush.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They do things like this, surfing, hunting, fishing what ever, they do it to show they can fit in with everyday people. To look like a peoples person.
Its a tool that has been used for a long long time.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
"I'm still giddy over the Red Sox. It was hard to focus."

Good to see where his priorities are at... Can we expect this same thing if he gets in the White House ?

If I'm correct, isn't a certain president involved with the Texas Rangers? I wonder where his mind has been all these years, because God knows it hasn't been in the White House.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seriously, who to hell cares if he takes a day off to relax during the campaign.....i would want a day off too from all the stress to keep me sane, are you that shallow?

All i see on these forums now are shallow little negative/scare stories spammed in their hundreds, all with spin added by the posters on top.

Its propaganda, its disengenuine and its pathetic.

This about sums it up for me:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And the cupie doll goes to.....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here's the kicker, he was doing it this morning, before most where at work.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
there goes the PETA vote!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who gives a good god damn if he's out hunting early in the morning? As long as he's doing it early in the morning before most people are even awake, I think he would be left with plenty of time to do his job.

I really hope this was just something to provoke discussion. I'd be really frightened if people who let trivial things like this influence their vote were planning on participating in the election.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The White House has announced that Bush will be taking the day off on Saturday.

I guess he just doesn't want to be President.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's a photo op, designed to show he's not going to take away your guns.

Nerdling is right on the money on this I would say. Notice he never has a dead goose in his hand at any time or did they show him shooting a goose. A smart move not to alienate the PETA vote while still looking like a hunter.

But anyone that knows Kerrys record on Gun control wont be fooled by this Photo op. I dont expect Kerry to pull in many votes with people very concerned about Gun ownership rights.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Kerry is moderately pro-gun rights actually. He's been a long time hunter and believes that if you kill something then you must eat it.

I support his stance.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilgerat
Who gives a good god damn if he's out hunting early in the morning? As long as he's doing it early in the morning before most people are even awake, I think he would be left with plenty of time to do his job.

That WAS my point.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Kerry is moderately pro-gun rights actually. He's been a long time hunter and believes that if you kill something then you must eat it.

I support his stance.

His record doesn't show support for hunters or any gun owners. What he says and what he has voted for the last 20 years are two very different things. He is perhaps the most anti-gun presidential nominee in history.

-Kerry has voted for a Ted Kennedy amendment to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by hunters and target shooters.

-Kerry has voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres of the California Mojave Desert to hunting.

-Kerry says, "I think you ought to tax all ammunition, personally, I think you ought to tax guns

-Kerry has voted to hold the highly regulated American firearms industry legally responsible for the illegal acts of violent criminals

-Kerry has voted to impose penalties of a year in prison and a $10,000 fine on an adult if a juvenile steals a firearm from him, and then merely displays it in a public place.

-Kerry has voted to allow BATF to conduct unlimited warrantless inspections of FFL holders.9

I could go on but I wont because I think the point is clear.

www.nraila.org...

[edit on 21-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join