It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Televisions. We're Done...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
CNN reports more crap...

Apparently, there's a company (Texas Instruments, I think) that is currently developing a tiny receiver for television on a cell phone. It's scheduled to slather the market in '06 or '07. Not that any of us couldn't see that coming, but it does tend to bring up things to consider, now that its upon us.

One of the things the nice newslady mentioned was cell phones being a distraction for drivers already, but now that they'll be even more distracting. No kidding? You don't think...

Cell phones are a distraction for EVERYONE!!! And annoying. I don't like when YOUR stuff is a distraction to me. This applies to children as well, especially in the movie theater. Don't get coffee or a beer with me and answer your cell phone 4 times while were there. You know? I mean really...

Television just provides an excuse to not pay attention to our kids, and then another excuse for how effed up they are when they get older. It's an excuse to be scared all the time. It's an excuse to get mad at people we haven't even met yet 'cause they might not be voting for the same guy as we are.

Does anyone else think that Americans are turning into idiots? Look at the 'cream of the crop' rich brats we get to vote for this year. And we want to look at these people BSing us all the time MORE?

Colonics for everyone!

[edit on 21-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yeah wait till people start watching them while they are driving

[edit on 10/21/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The cell phone-tv-refridgerator-toilet! I'll make millions! Anyone like to pre order?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
yeah wait till people start watching them while they are driving

Uh... yeah. That's brilliant Fred. Thanks a lot.

Now what were you really going to say?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
The cell phone-tv-refridgerator-toilet! I'll make millions! Anyone like to pre order?

ILMAOSHISMP!!!!!

Really, its running down my leg right now. Ok, I'll take one. And I'd like to purchase some stock, too, 'cause we're gonna BUY IT!!! We buy poo on a stick, fake vomit, canine excrement, things that make fart noises...

Hey, sell it to the Yank. He'll buy anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
[Uh... yeah. That's brilliant Fred. Thanks a lot.

Now what were you really going to say?

Thanks, always like a compliment

Nothing more to say on this topic. Go back to planning your toilet fridge phone. Let me know when they are ready eh?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
once again blame the device instead of the owner lol

looks like the word of the year is accountability

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Accountability. That would be nice.

Were we supposed to hold ourselves accountable, or each other? How about our leadership? Can we hold them accountable now?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You lot are so funny I needed a good laugh thanks.

I have just got a new phone it is a Motorola A835
and guess what.

Yes I have found a way of of putting full films on it.

Sorry but I feel it is cool.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water...

Personally, this would be pretty cool. If I heard a news event, I could open up my phone, etc. If facing one of the many hurricanes we got this year in FL, etc. It COULD be a useful tool... Just as a gun, it in itself is not evil, but it can be misused. I'm betting the charges for it would make it more used for just emergencies. This would have been great when out of power, and the hurricane was passing over us...didn't know if we were in, out of the eye, etc. and the radio just can't give you the same idea...(they were too busy chatting about this devastation or that....instead of giving us the info).

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty gadget happy. I'm amused at the types of products that are introduced to us. I'm just a low wage slob looking for some play.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have my personal feelings on the subject, and just to be a real American and immediately contradict myself...

I'll say that as soon as I move back to the city, where I can use a cell phone, I'm going to get one of the camera ones. I wanna be able to get some poop and instantly beam the information to a secure server.

Actually, I'm sure by the time I get back to the city, there will be phone/video cameras available.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey I am a house husband talk about low wage....lol
But this phone only cost �30:00 pay as you go on 3

Good price and a very good phone.

It is a camera/video and Mp3 player I can watch mpg 2

[edit on 21-10-2004 by switchblade]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by switchblade

How much is that in $$$ total?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am against the cellular phones, because of personal reasons, As I was driving to work 6 years ago I witness a lady on her phone fuming about she pass me without looking half a mile later in from of a proctor and gamble plant here where I live a semi was getting into the highway from the factory, and she ram on the side of the semi the top of her car was gone and was her head, she still was holding her cellular in her hand.

Not thanks I thing the gadgets are nice and fun and by all mean get them but not me.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by switchblade

How much is that in $$$ total?

I am not sure but it is less than $50:00

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have a cigarette lighter that looks like a cell phone. How about if they put a cigarette lighter in a real cell phone?

How about a Swiss Army Knife/Cell phone?

[edit on 04/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How about a Swiss Army Knife/Cell phone?

...With a toilet and a fridge??

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am against the cellular phones, because of personal reasons, As I was driving to work 6 years ago I witness a lady on her phone fuming about she pass me without looking half a mile later in from of a proctor and gamble plant here where I live a semi was getting into the highway from the factory, and she ram on the side of the semi the top of her car was gone and was her head, she still was holding her cellular in her hand.

Not thanks I thing the gadgets are nice and fun and by all mean get them but not me.

it wasnt the phones fault it was the ladys she wasnt being a responsible adult, the fault rests with her and she rests with her fault plain and simple.

you could argue and say if she didnt have the phone that she wouldnt have died that way and your probly right but I am shure her wreckless behavior would have had the same result in a different fashion or even worse killed someone else.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Personally I love technology and electronics, I always have and always will. I learn about whats to come all the time, so i'm always up-to-date.

I dont think TV on cell phones will be a very big hit, Who wants to watch tv on a ity bity screen?

Besides, You can watch movies, tv, & Navifation in vehicles today. This is Pioneers AVIC-N1 dvd/cd/mp3/Navigation/tv/ & has vehicle performance info, and its all on this nice little 2 grand unit.

Heres the future of the cell phone, Its the first ever 5 megapixel camera phone, But dont expect to see it until 1-2 years.
5 Megapixel Camera Phone

If you dont grab technology by the horns, you will be left in the dust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join