It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company offers "Space Memorial Services" to blast ashes to space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
People interested in an out-of-this-world post-death experience can "boldly go where no man has gone before" with a space memorial service that blasts their ashes into space.

For $995 Space ServicesInc. will place a gram of a person's ashes in an aluminum capsule, attach it to a rocket and send it into space. For $4,300 more, seven grams of ashes are transported in a lipstick-size container.

cnews.canoe.ca...

Thumbs up?

Or

Thumbs down?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's a
from me. I have heard that this company doesn't actually send the ashes into deep space. They just send them into orbit around the earth for 40 years eventually being pulled back and burning up in earths atmosphere.

The more romantic idea is that the ashes would be floating free through the universe for eternity. But this would likely cost too much.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Gene Roddenberry is out there right now bolding floating where no man has floated before.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
up untill I got marred and had my boys I was wanting to be launched when I die but not as ashes deep space mind you so as even if millions of years later there would be a chance for alians to find me and alest see humans excisted if nothing else.
Of corse now im marred with children and no longer want this as I want to be close to my family .

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It would be cool if they would offer to launch your dead body into space in a coffin (ie: not ashes). But then again when we humans finally get our long awaited cheap access to space, I dont think people would like to have to dodge coffins on there spaceship.

So thats why I would say, if your launching a body or ashes in space, it has to be low enough that gravity will pull it back to earth, or put there remains on a bigger rocket and launch then into the sun.

new topics

top topics

join