It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well its on like neck bone! Open war is what Hamas is calling this now. Israel is preparing for Gaza ground invasion. What does Hezzbollah and Iran do? Syria? Does this just blow over? What about Egypt? They brokered the cease-fire and the top Hamas commander Israzel just assinated was a stout ally of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo.

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Israel has stated War was coming. Not really a surprise.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When will either side learn?

Oh well. Here comes Israel to literally level Gaza, look like the bad guy, agree to cease-fire, then get cross border rocket'd, then another offensive then Hamas call defeat, as they re-arm and re-launch rockets.

Repeat.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The attack comes as the first step in an Israeli operation which could see IDF troops on the ground in the Gaza Strip.

In my opinion this was inevitable.

Poor decision by Hammas as it will just further jusitfy Israels mobilization in the strip.

I am not sure if this is an actual declaration of war, but it certainly rings of it.

A Palestinian health ministry in Gaza says that nine people, including one child, were killed in the strikes. The Red Cross reports that at least 20 others have been wounded.

Expect these numbers to go up.

I hope this does not trigger a chain of events in the area that plunges this area of the world into further choas.

edit on 14-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't think that Syria will be eager to take on more than what it has going on with it's current civil war. Iran, from what I read on ATS, doesn't ever seek war, so it will just sit and watch.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Washington said it is closely watching developments in Gaza, a Pentagon spokesman said.

"We're monitoring the situation closely. We stand by our Israeli partners in their right to defend themselves against terrorism," Lieutenant Colonel Stephen Warren said.

I find this worrying as well, especially if this escalates and spreads beyond Israel and Palestine. How far will the US go to honor its tenuous commitment with Israel?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
One thing can be sure-if more rockets come from the Sinai Egypt is gonna get hit as well.

link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Oh well. Here comes Israel to literally level Gaza, look like the bad guy, agree to cease-fire, then get cross border rocket'd, then another offensive then Hamas call defeat, as they re-arm and re-launch rockets.

Rinse & Repeat.

Apologies for taking the liberty to add the bold above, but...

You are correct in they never learn, seems humans in general don't learn that war is stooooopid. IMO these things recur regularly, then its...rinse and repeat. As if it never happened in the first place.

Oh well, grab hold of something and hang on!! I'm thinking it's going to escalate to some level we don't want to see...

+16 more 
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Repeat.

bad guy ?
you must be talking about bibi

i dont see any other bad guy around making trouble

fearmongering all the time

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Folkls always assume WWIII will be started between two powers. I dont think so-i think it will start with something like this or Israel vs Hezbollah. The it spreads like wildfire quickly involving regional states.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
One thing can be sure-if more rockets come from the Sinai Egypt is gonna get hit as well.

Agreed.
With the advent of the 'Arab Spring', Egypt and Israel are on a little different terms now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here ya go...from Egypt:

Soon after Israel launched its Pillar of Cloud counter-terror air offensive in Gaza, Hamas appealed to Cairo to open the Sinai crossings for access to their rocket arsenals. “We are going to war,” its leaders explained. The Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi was shortly due to issue a statement on the Israel operation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Can you give the source of this news? I wonder if they have night operations planned under the name Pillar of Fire?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I don't think that Syria will be eager to take on more than what it has going on with it's current civil war. Iran, from what I read on ATS, doesn't ever seek war, so it will just sit and watch.

Iran and many other countries will engage in proxy war by funding militant groups like Hamas, just as many Western countries will engage in proxy war by funding Israel's war efforts. As for physically fighting, however, you're right, most nations will sit back and watch.

Things could escalate rather quickly, however, as there are plenty of people pissed at Israel currently which could lead to a war on many fronts for Israel. If this were to happen, granted that Israel's enemies would be a bit more organized than they were the last time they attempted such a thing, Israel would be in a great deal of trouble.

As it is, however, Hamas doesn't stand a chance. It's too bad so many civilians will die from these two douchebags' needless war.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I hope that the powers outside the region stay out of any action that blows up there.

That is what will truly make things get ugly.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
People seem to not see the bigger picture in all of these conflicts and I don't blame them because no one is even mentioning it. All these little skirmishes and mini war's are the beginning of the final purge for to Israel to take Jerusalem and destroy the temple mount.
They have said in the past Israel will have Jerusalem as its capital and they will rebuild their temple where the temple mount now stands. Israel needs certain things to happen before they can take the final step. One, limit Iran and Syria's ability to fight back effectively, two, destroy Hamas once and for all and three make sure America stands behind her back. This coming event has been in the works since Israel became a nation and it's even predicted in the Bible.

here is a direct quote from a Hamas spokesperson:

The battle between us and the enemy is open and will end, God willing, with the liberation of Jerusalem,"

So you see the Arab world is just as determined to hold onto Jerusalem as Israel is this is what it's all about.
When Israel destroys the temple mount the whole world will turn against her including America and then we will see world war three. Everything happening now is building towards this event and it is going to be very ugly indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is an interesting source of info - how about the official IDF twitter feed?
Twitter

They just posted a link to a youtube video of this morning's assassination of Ahmed Jabri.
youtube

Isreal's operation 'Pillar of Defense' as they call it may very well weaken Hamas military capabilities but it is far from any permanent solution. Both sides are to blame and now both sides are escalating the situation. It is sad to think how many innocent people are going to get caught in the crossfire.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well its on like neck bone! Open war is what Hamas is calling this now. Israel is preparing for Gaza ground invasion. What does Hezzbollah and Iran do? Syria? Does this just blow over? What about Egypt? They brokered the cease-fire and the top Hamas commander Israzel just assinated was a stout ally of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo.

rt.com...

If Israel goes to war....Iran will go to war...if Iran goes to war....US goes to war...if US goes to war....Russia goes to war....then China goes to war....then the rest of the world goes to war.....and at the end of the war, Canada will be sent in to spread peace amongst the nations

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well assassinations have started massive conflicts before, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that this one is quelled before it rages out of control. All the piece are in play for this thing to explode into a bigger conflict, but I really do not think anyone wants that with the exception of Netanyahu.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I hope your scenary only happens after the next year World Series, Toronto Blue Jays just finished a huge deal lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join