It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtract Texas Add Puerto Rico = 50 Stars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Pinche? Wow and we don't know how to speak spanish.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by resoe26

Pinche? Wow and we don't know how to speak spanish.

Que usas, Coger? Joder? o Foder?
ummm.. let me guess... none.
Y si PINCHE chavalita.

Don't get mad maravilla

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Puerto Rico was never a country. It was a Spanish colony from 1493 until the island was ceded to the United States in 1898 after the Spanish American War. All the changed in 1952 with the "commonwealth" was that Puerto Rico was granted a level of autonomy comparable to a state of the Union but without the corresponding Federal level representation (House & Senate), no presidential vote, and the continued exemption from Federal income taxes.

To their credit the pro-commonwealth party has tried to "right the wrongs" and gain the right to vote for the President along with some level of, albeit still limited, full voting representation in the US Senate and House of Representatives. In 1962 and again in 1976 the pro-commonwealth party presented an arrangement to Congress that would have made Puerto Rico a state in all but name complete with the Presidential vote, 1 US Senator, and 2 US Congressmen but it was rejected because they demanded continued exemption from Federal income taxes and due to issues with the Senate and House representation.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The population of Texas is 601,723 according to the 2010 census. There are 333,435 people in Texas that recieve Welfare. That's more than half. If they secede, they LOSE that welfare. Most of the welfare recipients are sreaming about how they want to secede because that's what faux news tells them to shout.

Over 80% of the welfare recipients I know are die hard republicans yet they shout and scream about the economy. Makes very little sense. They are the problem they are upset about.

Let them secede, then see what happens when the federal checks stop coming in.

Are you on drugs? The population of Texas is in the neighborhood of 25 million, not 600k LOL

Since you are so concerned about welfare, lets look at puerto rico. Their median household income is a little over $18,000 a year. How many welfare dollars do you think would flow into puerto rico if they ever became a state? Hint: Millions and Millions.

Get real. The fact you cannot mentally calculate that Texas has more than 600,000 people in it speaks volumes about you.

What makes your contention even more laughable is that in this thread you claim to be an "educator".

edit on 14-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by kenny71

How about California instead? Losing California and adding Puerto Rico would actually decrease the number of spanish speaking Americans, and would improve the overall economy! Texas has a budget, California is perpetually bankrupt. Plus, we lose Hollywood and all the plastics, and the California Wine will become an import, which immediately gives it more credibility and thus they can up the price! We lose the wine, but gain the RUM!

Also, think about how the election game would change! And FEMA won't have to repair things when they finally split off and float away into the Pacific, just like Puerto Rico!!
edit on 13-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

I never understand why people hate us Californians so much. I read "California may sink into sea" and I see it followed by "good riddance" I don't understand it.

Do you think the entire state is all hollywood and full of "plastics" whatever plastics is? Pease deny ignorance. And I'm sure you hate them until you are sitting in the theater watching their movie with a mouth full of popcorn.

Did you know we are the largest farming state? Also, we are the world's fifth largest supplier of food and agriculture commodities. If we were not part of the U.S. food prices would rise.

Well, at least you appreciate our wine. We have the best wine. Take that France!

I love this state. It's awesome to have the big cities, the ocean as well as beach towns, the Redwoods, Sierra Nevada (great for Bigfoot searching) farming towns, Napa and Livermore for great wineries, all in my region and within easy driving distance.

So why do people hate us so much? I don't know, maybe they wish they lived here.

edit on 14-11-2012 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ive been hearing about the secession movement for several years now, to say they just signed up as a result of this current election isnt true, theyve been slowly adding more states to the list for awhile now.
edit on 14-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

It really is a beautiful state. It just seems the political climate in California is always opposite of the majority of the rest of the country. Then there is the Hollywood element, and the immigration issues, and the power outtages, and the bankrupt government, and it is just easy to hate.

Don't worry though, people hate us Floridians for our election issues, and immigration problem, and when I was a Midwesterner we felt completely forgotten, and the newest term is "flyover states," to illustrate that forgotten land in the middle of the country. New Yorkers are rude, Northerners talk funny, and DC is the evilest place in the country.

Everyone hates everyone it seems, but all in good fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Okay I can understand that. As long as you don't really hope we all drowned in the ocean.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The population of Texas is 601,723 according to the 2010 census. There are 333,435 people in Texas that recieve Welfare. That's more than half. If they secede, they LOSE that welfare. Most of the welfare recipients are sreaming about how they want to secede because that's what faux news tells them to shout.

Over 80% of the welfare recipients I know are die hard republicans yet they shout and scream about the economy. Makes very little sense. They are the problem they are upset about.

Let them secede, then see what happens when the federal checks stop coming in.

Are you on drugs? The population of Texas is in the neighborhood of 25 million, not 600k LOL

Since you are so concerned about welfare, lets look at puerto rico. Their median household income is a little over $18,000 a year. How many welfare dollars do you think would flow into puerto rico if they ever became a state? Hint: Millions and Millions.

Get real. The fact you cannot mentally calculate that Texas has more than 600,000 people in it speaks volumes about you.

What makes your contention even more laughable is that in this thread you claim to be an "educator".

edit on 14-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

Meh, I had walking pneumonia and pulled numbers off the Census page. Must have grabbed one of the cities instead of the state.... sue me

edit on 16-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join