It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to start a new VIDEO GAME what would it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If you were to start a new VIDEO GAME what would it be? and why?

I use to play BF2, and was addicted to it. But that seemingly died out. Maybe its' back now who knows. But I was kinda thinking of trying some kind of game again. Something addictive so I can have an escape from the day to day grind. Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

World of Warcrack... I mean craft. Is very addictive. BF3 has been out for over a year now but you said you like BF2 so... I'm guessing you probably don't have an XBOX 360 or I would say Halo 4. If you want an escape, picking up gaming is a great hobby and there are tons of excellent options available but as a gamer I can confirm for you that it can sometimes be tough to put the controller down or walk away from the keyboard so just be careful.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Minecraft. secondlife, erm...depends on who you are as a person

Eve Online if you don't fear complexity..apb reloaded is a freebie, a sort of mmo gta feel.

Oh, and keep an eye out for WarZ or pick up DayZ (a mod for Arma 2)
edit on 13-11-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Been playing WarZ for a couple of weeks now. Very fun game.
Great zombie survival MMO. Smooth interface.

DayZ looks like it will be great too. End of December is release date, eh?

To the OP: Can't pick the game for ya, maybe you'd be interested in Battlefield 3, since you liked the older one... There's also Assassin's Creed and Dishonored, both have great stories and are very fun.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
A super hero game that allows you to control time, gain more super powers throughout the game. The game would allow a choice of good and bad kinda, but every action would effect the outcome of the game, kinda like karma points i guess. Super powers would have to include; flight, telekenesis, freeze ray(time control), mind control, telepathy, super healing, natural element control and the power to control atoms. Thats my perfect game.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Gaming is ultimately a personal thing. Its like asking for someone to recommend to you a good movie. You may end up with Citizens Kane, Gone With The Wind, or Dawn of the Dead (remake). Pretty significantly different tastes..so ya, you should consider a bit more info in your request.

Personally I have spent over 400 hours in Skyrim (for the PC...this is critical). Its a single player game that keeps on giving (with mods...hense why PC version).

GTA 5 is coming out soonish.

But you spoke about battlefield 2. So...multiplayer map fun. Left 4 Dead 2 still has a massive following (between 1 and 2, I have about 2k hours). You can pick it up for cheap also.
Other pop multiplayer action games...Borderlands 2, but there is an end to that, still, well worth it if your into a bunch of humor in your murder and have 3 other people that will be faithful companions.

Just go on rockpapershotgun.com and read up a bit.

Oh, and if your into story RPG action, I cannot recommend the whole mass effect series enough..best gaming experience that has been put out there imo

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
A super hero game that allows you to control time, gain more super powers throughout the game. The game would allow a choice of good and bad kinda, but every action would effect the outcome of the game, kinda like karma points i guess. Super powers would have to include; flight, telekenesis, freeze ray(time control), mind control, telepathy, super healing, natural element control and the power to control atoms. Thats my perfect game.

So a modded skyrim meets a touch of Fable, and topped off with just Dr. Manhattan for fun.

Best to just mod Skyrim for now

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would create a game called "Planet Earth". If you want to know what the game would look and feel like, just walk outside your home and look around. Say hello to me when you pass me on the street

I am positive I played a part in creating this "game" but I can't remember how just yet. The pieces are fitting together more and more everyday though.

edit on 13-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
FPS is the current market, MMOs are a dying breed.

Look how much Treyarch/Activision is making from call of Duty franchise.. if you haven't played it... the entire game is copy and paste with 2005 graphics.

Sadly fan boys are too blind to see that....

Yes i played those before, amount of target audience that game has is crazy, from 7 yrs to 18 being the most, then you have older ones as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
FPS is the current market, MMOs are a dying breed.

Look how much Treyarch/Activision is making from call of Duty franchise.. if you haven't played it... the entire game is copy and paste with 2005 graphics.

Sadly fan boys are too blind to see that....

Yes i played those before, amount of target audience that game has is crazy, from 7 yrs to 18 being the most, then you have older ones as well.

I think the problem with mmo's are that its the same formula over and over. a violent grind for the most part, very little social interactions as the game (any) is geared towards either fighting stuff or crafting stuff.

The idea behind mmos though is a community verses just a big multiplayer hack and slash...so the novelty can only be pushed so far when its always the same, be it wow, lotr, star wars, etc.
And frankly, if your seeking out friends to go hunting with together, then yes, multiplayer fps's have a much better engine than a mmo...

I would suggest taking a mmo style game, crossing it with the open ended user defined world of secondlife, and that might be something unique and worthwhile.

Especially if you can cash out into paypal for some talented work.

Personally I don't like many FPSs. Always feels the same..different map, same basic premise. Really not much has changed outside of graphics since counterstrike really.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Oh that one that's controlled and gone buggy because of TPTB? ha ha

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Oh that one that's controlled and gone buggy because of TPTB? ha ha

How did you know?

Did you play a part in the games invention too?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The game of life has sure sent me a few major curve balls in the last 5 years. Just insane. I don't know what to think anymore. Can't say they're good things either. But maybe things will somehow turn themselves around.

top topics

join