It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Kerry get french & german troops in Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
As for UN troops
You want to see a mess wait till the UN gets its hands on it. A few hundred Mercs have proven more effective then thousands of UN troops while only costing a fraction of the price. UN troops in control I would say civil war within a month or two.

UN troops are just the troops of US, UK, France, Germany, Russia etc under the singular banner of the UN, it doesn't suddenly make them bad troops because they are fighting side by side

When has a western country employed Merc's....legally

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Germany has already said they will send men into Iraq, just not in the immediate future. There was an ATSNN thread about it the other day I think. I also saw it on the BBC world news site. Look and ye shall find.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

As for UN troops
You want to see a mess wait till the UN gets its hands on it. A few hundred Mercs have proven more effective then thousands of UN troops while only costing a fraction of the price. UN troops in control I would say civil war within a month or two.

Sir, that is absolute rubbish.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

UN troops are just the troops of US, UK, France, Germany, Russia etc under the singular banner of the UN, it doesn't suddenly make them bad troops because they are fighting side by side

When has a western country employed Merc's....legally

There is no law against using mercs and they are being used in Iraq as we speak. Mercenaries provide Western governments with a conveniently 'deniable' way of conducting foreign policy. You would be suprised of much they are used. But anyone can hire mercs deposed rulers governments, businesses.

They dont really like to call them mercs anymore they are often called PMCs (Private Military Companies) But they are mercs.

The UN is also made up of alot countries that wish they were trained and equiped like the countries you named and they make up a bulk of the UN forces. But you really have to look at their track record to really understand.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

As for UN troops

Sir, that is absolute rubbish.

Its the truth if you admitt it or not. 600 skilled mercs on the ground were contracted by Angolan government for about $150,000 They defeated the insurgency stopped the killing. Then when the job was over The U.N. ordered the mercs out of Angola.

The insurgency was over, the UN sent in 15,000 Peacekeepers at a global cost of over $6-20 million.

The insurgency began again, and before it was over they'd pushed the UN Peacekeepers out of Angola and they had to be withdrawn.

They couldnt even handle a clean up job of 600 men with a force of 15,000.

The The UN still winces at word mercenary. Look into it the UN showed how great it was.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi Xpert 11 , good question ---not answer --- for now.

You ae going to Iraq -- Go. Your friend bin Laden is passed 2 years ago!!!

Sadam, for nothing in that story ( if not will be with Mr. Milosevich in the

prison --( Haga - Holland ) --- clear in your brain???

Please , don't put the Russia, France,Germany in the same 5 o' clock --

tea cup . Please again...

Holy place ? Why you put the politics questions?? Stay in your Holy place

like me. No ?? ragards chapo

---------------------------

PS. Your signature is macho, the women is more inteligents!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

They dont really like to call them mercs anymore they are often called PMCs (Private Military Companies) But they are mercs.

For some reason, the image of merc's in my head came up with cut thoat, warriors of fortune...... sorry i forgot about the private security forces in Iraq.... sorry for sterotyping all you private secruity people

The UN is also made up of alot countries that wish they were trained and equiped like the countries you named and they make up a bulk of the UN forces. But you really have to look at their track record to really understand.

Yes past UN forces have been made up of poorly trained countries, why not select countries that have the nessacary training and equipment
UK, US, France, Germany, Russia, China etc

Iraq could then be split into areas (major cities could be an area), a area for each of the volunteer countries, then the countries could focus their troops and aid to that area

less able countries could have smaller areas to manage, to compensate for their limited abilities

....just an idea

[edit on 21-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

like me. No ?? regards chapo

---------------------------

PS. Your signature is macho, the women is more inteligents!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes past UN forces have been made up of poorly trained countries, why not select countries that have the nessacary training and equipment
UK, US, France, Germany, Russia, China
Iraq could then be split into areas (major cities could be an area), a area for each of the volunteer countries, then the countries could focus their troops and aid to that area
....just an idea

That type of UN force could work. But why hasnt the UN used that type of force before in the past?

Is it harder to get those countries to send troops to the un or something?

About the mercs you are not alone that is often the image that comes to mind when you hear merc. Thats why they are really tying to get away from that title.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My guess is it is to do with politics, the big countries don't like to agree with each other, the smaller countries are trying to show off and seek the attention of the bigger countries

The UN needs to stop being a pansy and actually do something

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its the truth if you admitt it or not. 600 skilled mercs on the ground were contracted by Angolan government for about $150,000 They defeated the insurgency stopped the killing. Then when the job was over The U.N. ordered the mercs out of Angola.

The mercs in Iraq are making $150,000, or more, EACH! That's why our soldiers leave the service to work for CACI or whoever. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by hiring private contractors, because they take our experienced workers.

I'm sure if we follow the money, somebody in our government is getting rich by outsourcing our security in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

My guess is it is to do with politics, the big countries don't like to agree with each other, the smaller countries are trying to show off and seek the attention of the bigger countries

The UN needs to stop being a pansy and actually do something

Thats a shame if its about politics because with the pool of countries the UN has it should have one of the most effective forces on the planet when it sends troops.

Just the countries you named before would be one heck of a force.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

like me. No ?? ragards chapo

O'Hura....could we get a universal translator over here, stat?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
Kerry speaks fluent French. All he has to do is go to France, and give a speech in French. Do you think they will be able to turn him down? Watch Kerry do it.

I am sorry, you made me laugh with your comment on JFK and France.

If Kerry is so great, why does'nt he hop on his jet, and fly over to France and prove he can do it!

Hey if wants to win this election, prove it now, before the election.

Win everyone hearts and minds by joining France, Germany and Russia along side the US and GB now.

Show us all what a great leader JFK is, there is just under 2 weeks left before the election

Why wait, this could be the smoking gun for Kerry.

Its never going to happen now or later.

JFK is joke!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

I think you misunderstood. Instead of one company doing everything, have multiple companies. One to serve food, one for laundry, one for the showers, etc. The countries could even cover their own needs. French companies feed the French, German companies wash the Germans clothes, etc.

Again, it is YOU who misunderstand...KBR (Kellogg, Brown and Root) a subsidiary of Halliburton, is the ONLY COMPANY that will provide the services needed IN A WAR ZONE!!!

Let's imagine a conversation with a contractor...

USA: We need laundry services...

CONTRACTOR: We can do that...

USA: We need food preparation

USA: We need Civil Engineering assistance

USA: We need fuel deliveries...

USA: We need it all in a war zone in Iraq...

CONTRACTOR: We can't do that!!! Are you nuts? Get KBR to do it!!!

===========================================

Sound familiar? It should if you were ever in a hot zone....

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Germany has already said they will send men into Iraq, just not in the immediate future.

Yes Struck also said that they will send people when the country has stabilized not earlier. The Chanchellor said that no German Soldier will set foot on iraq and that is what's most likely going to happen.
Plus..there are no Troops we could send
All we have that is not immediatly needed for defense of the country is in Kosovo and Afghanistan etc.

We did give the iraqi army 20 Fox Tanks for free and our policemen are educating the iraqis.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

The mercs in Iraq are making $150,000, or more, EACH! That's why our soldiers leave the service to work for CACI or whoever. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by hiring private contractors, because they take our experienced workers.

I'm sure if we follow the money, somebody in our government is getting rich by outsourcing our security in Iraq.

One of my friends was offered a PMC job over in Iraq. The company was very up front with him about how dangerous it is they showed him all the Casualty Rates and statistics.They dont sugarcoat it at all.

After your tour in Iraq they give you a suitcase with $200,000 cash though.

<< 1   >>

join