It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's a Wonderful Lie.." and who else got IT the Friday after E Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe to strike while the iron is still at least warm, and literally
in my case, I need to hear from posters who got their layoff notice
or goodbye pinkie the Friday after Election Day. This isn't a party
bashing thread or in fact partisan at all... I want to know if the
freebie is all alone in the USSA. I doubt it, and like I said we don't
need to know "What the world would be like without George Bailout".
It doesn't matter who started the most recent 'contraction', I have
too much information around here to work with anyway. And being
a backwards-engineer right brained guy I deal in results and
methodical research to arrive at them.
It should be simple enough; if you got let go last Friday or can hear
the wind whistling around the ax head in some nearby cubicle,
sound off. Maybe the shock wore off by now, but this for yours truly
of getting a short goodbye every five years for a birthday present kind
of esophageally vacuums the enormous closely cropped ordinance.
And with that, flame away for my somehow being a (presently) living
exponent of a nasty little prophecy around here.. no blame no games,
I need to just hear from the recent casualties and get some feedback
on WHAT was going on locally from your end right before IT.
Thanks for just being there, and I was there regularly.. no fuzzies needed.
Mods if you would please graft this into the proper forum or you are in-
deed welcome for avoidance of redundancy to George Bailout me.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Jesus, like I SAID in another thread, this is the time of year when company's have their fiscal review. Most places have hiring freezes, or let people go, no matter if it's election year or not.

Get over it!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Jesus, like I SAID in another thread, this is the time of year when company's have their fiscal review. Most places have hiring freezes, or let people go, no matter if it's election year or not.

Get over it!

Only problem with your theory is that companies flat out stated that if Obama was re-elected and his joke of a health care system didn't go by the way side they'd be pink slipping in massive numbers...

Election happened... Obama got another term... and the companies did exactly what they said they would...

Not sure why anyone would "get over" facts...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Sissel, it's not really debatable that companies are laying off as a direct result of the election. It may be wrong and some may make a fine case for it not being necessary at all. Some layoff notices are statutory and required by labor laws on lay off notice. Technically, they were supposed to go out days before the election, not after it. Personally, I'm glad they didn't That would have been as patently unfair to Obama as releasing the rah rah Osama Bin Laden movie right before the election would have been the other direction.

OP.. I can say this in personal experience. The gentleman I work with doing volunteer mod work on his site is a millionaire a few times over. Nothing really special and he spends a good part of his time racing cars these days. He still runs a couple companies however. This last week he's taken some time to re-evaluate and has stated he may well be closing all of it and going into retirement......as a 100% direct result of the election. It's happening...
Of course, he's in Texas where they can have a % of their state burn down before the Feds bother noticing they have a little fire problem...I can't blame him for feeling like the last hope got extinguished. For some states, it likely did)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Get over it!

Get over losing your livelyhood in this economy? What the hell is wrong with you? The man jut lost his source of income in the worst economy since the great depression. I have been laid off for nearly 3 years after 25 years in the IT business doing handyman work and odd jobs to get by so no you don't just get over it. I guess some people will never get it till it knocks on their door.

Sorry to hear this OP try indeed.com for jobs they seem to be the best and pull from all the other job search sites so you get it all in one place...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

It's easy to say something in advance when you know what you are planning to do in the future anyway.
These people used the election as an excuse to get rid of people. Maybe they knew what had to be done and used the political unrest to accomplish it.

We are going to go fully into a depression in the near future. It has nothing to do with who is president or who shifts the blame. The whole industrialized world will enter this, things are going to change everywhere.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dear OP,

My condolences to you on receiving that pink slip, regardless if it was due to the election or not. Behind every lay off is only a fellow human, with family and bills to pay.

The reason companies lay off is due to unsustanibility as business entity. If they cannot afford to hire workers or treat its workers right under employment laws, then the employer have NO right to operate a company, and should become a worker instead.

He mainly exist in the presumption that his biz model will earn him a profit through innovation or creative efforts to win in the competitive free market, but often, the only creativity offered is cutting corners at every level in order to survive, just like what China is doing, and hurting those companies who treated their workers right and could have offered genuine products or services at fair rates.

If your employer is such, then you are better off not working for him, as it will only be a matter of time before the company collapses, and would have wasted all your years of time and effort in helping to build up the company.

Try to connect with others in your chosen field, and hear about their companies they are working at, then if they are good, ask them to keep a lookout for you when positions become avaliable for you to get an interview.

Or, based upon your experience in the job and life, you may want to consider becoming an entreprenuer offering niche services or products that has few competitors in the market.

Start off small first, with you being the employer and employee and test the market over your product or service offered for a period. Correct and fine tune any mistakes, then if viable, with your report and plan, try to get funds first from family, then relatives, then friends, then any state sponsored loan funds to begin your journey as a small biz employer, and if the potential is there, to become multinational company one day. No one is stopping you in this direction. This is USA.

A journey of thousand miles begins with the first step. Being laid off now is a reality you have to face. The past is over. Ahead lays your new journey of survival, and it begins with your first step.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looks like we have a blatantly redundant thread anyway,
Mods if you would-- a little travelin' music with my apologies!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join