It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VI DAY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
VI DAY
VICTORY IRAQ DAY

We have won the war in one of the shortest military campain ever and the most powerful attack ever. GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hell yeah, long live The United States of America, I'm so damn proud to be an American citizen.

"Iraq will be an American graveyard" - Saddam Hussein

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
VI DAY
VICTORY IRAQ DAY

We have won the war in one of the shortest military campain ever and the most powerful attack ever. GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the shortest was the Isreali War it only lasted 10 days

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I stand corrected. But it was one hell of a fight.

USA USA USA

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Give props to the Fallen for they have died for our freedom.

Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let us all pray for the families

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No the Shortest war was fought between the British and I think Brazilians or something.

Their two navys met, fought for 36 seconds (maybe minutes but I distinctly remember it in seconds so if you want double check that for me), and then quit. And the war was officially ended.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I stand corrected. But it was one hell of a fight.

USA USA USA

give me a break..
hell of a fight with a 3rd world camel iraq

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It�s so funny how an american can feel proud of have the most brutal army attack 3rd world countries, that have been in embargo, bombarded and ppl is starving, Win against them, and then feel proud and good about their army and country....

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The people were starving....

because Saddam spent it on gold toilets, new palaces and statues of himself....or are you forgetting how relief supplies were found hoarded by the Hussein's in their palaces? Gimme a break with that old, tired arguement....

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The people were starving....

because Saddam spent it on gold toilets, new palaces and statues of himself....or are you forgetting how relief supplies were found hoarded by the Hussein's in their palaces? Gimme a break with that old, tired arguement....

I agree, it isn't like Iraq was flourishing and everyone had 3 meals a day, and once Americans came, Iraq starved. Instead of using the country's money for food, he made himself numerous palaces, and you've seen how big they are, they're huge.....

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree, USA freed the Iraqi people, they're better off now than then.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
I agree, USA freed the Iraqi people, they're better off now than then.

Please don't forget 91 1st gulf war, all the chemical sustances and the gulf war sindromes after it, that even your own soldiers suffered, + bombs, and takeover cities always means "colateral damage" or "protestors angry at the marines", etc etc.
Plus the UN embargo that starved more than 1 mill ppl...
Plus have saddam in the power...
They had non-stop suffering please understand it, and now other country comes over, takes their resources and wants to put a pro-us goverment in an arabic country...
Hello???
Can we be reasonable here please?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
From your response, the only one being unreasonable here is you

Nobody has taken their resources. Before the recent conflict Iraq's oil export was at pre Gulf war capacity. Now, the money can actually go to the people - instead of Saddam and his evildoers. At the very worst the US and UK will help their oil industry grow and actually buy the friggin oil. That�s a lot better giving it away to Syria.

The UN sanctions weren't the problem; Saddam was and is no more. As far as leaving Saddam in power during the first gulf war, the US would have gladly removed him; blame the UN and Arab coalition - not the US - for leaving him in power. And as far as the UN goes, they have failed to do for the Iraqi people what the US/UK has done in a matter of weeks. It's nonsense to think the people in Iraq won't be better off now! It's not going to be a cakewalk but now they have a chance which wasn�t previously imaginable.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Shortest war ever: Britain v Zanzibar (an away match)1896, 38 minutes,..Zanzibar would be West Brazil�sigh �yawn�Guinness Book drivel� but Bob, given that you�ve wandered into the bandwidth wilderness, whence these Iraqi oil figures: unless by �pre-Gulf war�, you mean the whole of history?
Even the dreadful doe has the real facts: www.eia.doe.gov...
�Oil industry experts�.. Iraq's sustainable production capacity at no higher than about 2.8-2.9 million bbl/d, �net export potential of around 2.3-2.5 million bbl/d (�, Iraq produced 3.5 million bbl/d in July 1990.�

That anyone here should be remotely interested in facts, information or anything else of substance concerning the West and Iraq�s oil stretches credulity; but �on a thousand to one chance �a veritable education here: www.globalpolicy.org...

And anyone under the cloud of unknowing with regard to Bush p�re�s little war, might check some (fully referenced and verifiable) statistics here.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

King Husain of Jordan affirmed seven months later in a t�te-�-t�te with Muhammad Hasanein Haikal, chief editor of Al-Ahram, at the Hotel Crillon in Paris, is well worth quoting:

You tell me that American Intelligence was behind the 1957 events in Jordan. Permit me to tell you that I know for a certainty that what happened in Iraq on 8 February had the support of American Intelligence. Some of those who now rule in Baghdad do not know of this thing but I am aware of the truth. Numerous meetings were held between the Ba`ath party and American Intelligence, the more important in Kuwait. Do you know that . . . on 8 February a secret radio beamed to Iraq was supplying the men who pulled the coup with the names and addresses of the Communists there so that they could be arrested an executed. [Al-Ahram, 27 September 1963]

OK so based upon this person who worked for who are we suposed to think what?

Estragon thank for not mentioning the words Unbiased in your comments.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Toltec, I should have thought this, and so much else of the oil-skulduggery, is almost accepted history by now.
Now, it seems an eminently pragmatic use of global power to go around stealing Johnny Arab's oil (sort of Mafia 101);and especially when all your chums are in the business, it's the bit about "freedom" that I find silly.
At their worst, the British -or for that matter the Romans (stealing other resources, of course) never stooped to such hypocrisy.
Of course, people were better educated then...

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
And the British...and Romans...had a very clear belief in their own superiority, and no very great desire to be loved by all..whereas...

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
LOL Estragon and do not mean that in a nasty or aggressive way I truly enjoy our conversation and
hope this one is as simulating for both you and me

Let�s get to it...

Look around you Estragon what is the one item that 40 years ago was really not so apparent. Look at you car and give it a tap remember that first one you had, what is missing?

Despite the fact that our fleet of commercial airlines are
as old as you and me where are the plans to make new ones?

Exactly how much oil is used to produce a ton of plastic?

Ever wondered as to how much the cost of making the barrel, which carries the oil, has risen since 1962?

Ever priced the cost of building a steel frame structure as opposed to going with concrete?

When the day comes that you need knew hinges for your door and at the store, which offers such products, there are only plastic versions then will you understand.

We are running out of recources but oil is the least of our worries and long before oil realistically becomes an issue, our grandchildren will be driving plastic cars with porcelain engines.

How are we supposed to deal with this problem? This is a planet, which is running out of the minerals needed to make just about everything we need. Clearly the limits are very real otherwise your car would still be made of steel and Hurricanes in the East Coast, would be the last thing on anyone�s mind.

What is the solution? Again the planet is running out of mineral recources where oh where are we going to find a means of replacing them? What kind of technology will that require? What presumably could go wrong?

As funny as it may seem to you, integral to a resolution of this issue is addressing the problems of the human condition.

And with respect to asking why, simply stated if access to unlimited mineral resources were plausible
then an industrialized planet would be capable of processing those resources at a rate, which would be unprecedented. Matters related to pollution control are issues related to alloys and with access to unlimited recources the problem becomes irrelevant.

As yes the Romans Estragon with respect to sincerity one question often comes to mind, why it is they used columns with respect to there buildings?

As I understand it the Columns in China have a rather unique history and for the record it was the Chen family who made that history as well as built columns for buildings, which predate the same Roman effort (an allegory perhaps, related to an event integral to western society ??).

Now to freedom perhaps it would surprise you to learn that we have the technology what is needed is a collaborative effort. One which supersedes all the misinformation (such as the fact your link provides no information with respect to atrocities committed by Saddam Hussein against his own people.

Or the matter that with respect to the Cold War Saddam Hussein was armed with Soviet Weapons let us not also forget the fact that it was Iran which the US considered it ally and protected against Iraq at all cost).

Finally Estragon would like to make clear that the Chen family is not only the same family which is currently in control of the Triads. But also is the same family from which the term "The Emperor, who ruled for a thousand years," is derived from. So beloved by its people was and is this family, that after the Opium Wars they would not allow them to disappear into obscurity. To those who are true believers of the Buddhist faith Emperor Chen is also known as the Black Buddha (the skinny guy they made statues of and also known as death). They are not my chums they are my relatives and for the record, they are relatives whose company I have shared.

Estragon in 300 years we will still have oil,unfortunately there will not be enough metal to make tooth picks.

Perhaps that is why today they are made of wood and plastic. And perhaps that is also why we as a world need to start to get our act together

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think there are political issues, first, Toltec and I suspect that a massive economic crisis will shake the world long before we become acutely conscious of the growing scarcity of materials.
I have no doubt that -in the great march of history -oil will one day seem as relevant as horseshoes and chariot-wheels; but the villains of the piece, I would suggest, take a relatively short-term view.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join