It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here We Go!!! Israel and Turkey border attacked by Syria.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
And Israel fires back.....This is HUGE. And so it begins.....Thoughts ATS?
www.jpost.com...
hosted.ap.org...

Israel was drawn into the fighting in neighboring Syria for the first time Sunday, firing warning shots across the border after an errant mortar shell landed near an Israeli military installation in the Golan Heights.

edit on 11-11-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I believe Syria is trying to goad these countries into attacking them. Assad knows that this will cause mass destruction across the ME, and he is playing it like a chess game IMO. And all you religious people out there, it is in the bible that Damascus will be destroyed in the end days is it not? Scary indeed.
www.alphanewsdaily.com...

"The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap" (This prophecy has not yet been fulfilled ... but it will be fulfilled) (Isaiah 17:1)

The Bible warns it will also be a time of trouble for Israel . . . "And in that day (usually refers to the coming 'Apocalypse') it shall come to pass, (when God says 'it shall come to pass' it always happens.) the glory of Jacob (Israel) shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean." (Isaiah 17:4)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Agreed, this is the beginning. Was looking at this a few minutes ago myself. One other point of interest is how the latest and newest Satellite has been launched strategically and in position to keep an eye in the sky over the region.

www.eutelsat.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
www.jpost.com...
hosted.ap.org...

Israel was drawn into the fighting in neighboring Syria for the first time Sunday, firing warning shots across the border after an errant mortar shell landed near an Israeli military installation in the Golan Heights.

But what are your thoughts?

Very small OP.

Yes, it's been coming but it could still be chest thumping. We won't know for a bit as we will have to see retaliation efforts first. If there is more than a rocket or 2 that is.

Peace

edit on 11-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yep well worthy of keeping a close watch on. Syria may have been goaded by Russia, Iran and or China and Israel feels confident in that the western alliances will jump in to protect their interests in the region. Is this going to get nasty? Will Syria's threats be invoked?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

www.jpost.com...
hosted.ap.org...

Very small OP.

Yes, it's been coming but it could still be chest thumping. We won't know for a bit as we will have to see retaliation efforts first. If there is more than a rocket or 2 that is.

Peace

Sorry.... I am not a "professional thread maker". Just learning, sorry to inconvenience you my friend.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow, thank you! I had not heard about the sattelite. That sure makes you think

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that it is not Syrian army. Assad is in lots of problems as it is, dragging Israel that was careful not to intervene is not in his interest.
Rebels however have a lot to gain - it complicates Assad's political situation , it shows his lack of control and it creates new threats for Syrian military that is under lots of stress already.
So in my opinion Turkey and Israel were not attacked by Syrian army , they were attacked from Syria by rebels.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I know it was set up initially to supposedly send out the information on real time for the USA's presidential elections, but really I have to say it is doubtful they really give a hoot. If you look at the regions it is a bit telling, Africa getting into the mix?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I will venture to say this will go nowhere
remember north Korea taunting South Korea?
turned out to be nothing and the Hype was as it is now

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Agreed, this is the beginning. Was looking at this a few minutes ago myself. One other point of interest is how the latest and newest Satellite has been launched strategically and in position to keep an eye in the sky over the region.

www.eutelsat.com...

More like keeping an ear on the region. It's a broadcast satellite not an earth imaging one. I don't care what they say, I want to see whats going on with my own eyes.

By the way, the beginning as you put it has been going on for some time now. Now the election is over we can expect the ratcheting up of pain directed at both Syria and Iran. Obama has already added new sanctions to Iran. In Qatar, a new "coalition" government of "exiled" Syrians has been declared. They are doing that so they can announce that the current government (under Assad) is no longer "legitimate" and then declare war on their own country from the outside.

Geez the US, will do anything to get an excuse to roll tanks across the border under cover of an "only we fly zone".

Don't buy this one either.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its a little coincidental considering the satellite launch timing.

And is Assad really going to start a war with NATO if he can help it?

We know its not Syria pressuring NATO don't we, NATO countries or America and Israel have been chomping at the bit to attack, the "humanitarian crisis" didn't convince public opinion, so "Syria" strikes first and NATO have an excuse to move in.

Being NATO are now on the "defensive" I suppose nobody's got a problem with innocents being slaughtered?

False flag?
edit on 11-11-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: Punctuation

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It appears its not quite the start, Israel fired a "warning shot" . . . in the form of a guidance missile!

But they say it probably didn't hit anyone and was intended as a warning, Israel has also warned Syria through the U.N that any further incidents will result in a full response.

Not long then>

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Errant mortar shell? Just one? By mistake?

Hmmm. Remember the flap about Syria attacking Turkey? It turned out that Syria was trying to stop arms and fighters from being smuggled into their country. Syrian rebels, not government troops fired mortars into Turkey in an effort to widen the conflict. Syria wasn't attacking Turkey, they have enough on their hands. In fact it was Turkey that began to shell across the border into Syria to stop Syrian interdiction of arms flow across Turkeys borders into Syria.

That went on for days.

This here sounds like more "banging the war drum".

Ewww... something needs to be done! Now Syria is attacking Israel too. Pffft...

Lets pour more gasoline on the fire.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wont amount to anything.

Israel is scared to death that it wont have America right now to come in and save them if they get into a fight.

Israel has big testicles when they think America would help them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

www.jpost.com...
hosted.ap.org...

Very small OP.

Peace

Sorry.... I am not a "professional thread maker". Just learning, sorry to inconvenience you my friend.

Most members just want to hear the thoughts of the OP first. Always makes a good opening statement and beginning of a discussion.

Maybe I came off hard. Not my intent.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well. here we go .. I can't sit here and not think something will happen in the next few months .

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is going to continue to escalate, everything was waiting on the "'Election""

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoenice
Well. here we go .. I can't sit here and not think something will happen in the next few months .

WHY??

Tiffs like this have happened a thousand times already in recent times.

Yet all we have is folks getting all worked up and saying: "here we go" or "its on" and nothing happen.

It appears that Israel and Obama may have a little tiff of their own going on between them right now and as a result, Israel doesnt have the TESTICLES to start a DAMN thing right now until the tiff is cleared up.

Israel is a scared pussycat when it is unsure that America (and American TAX DOLLARS) will come to their aid. PITIFUL!

edit on 11-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

"Siege" measures of old took time. The first phase of conquering a city or citadel was to surround it and cut off all commerce. That is the exchange of goods and import of food stuffs. So the people trapped inside became more and more desperate over time as their resources dwindled. This could take some time. Months or even years.

The next phase was the war phase. Breaking down the defenses and finally entering the city and putting everyone to the sword.

Sometimes the city surrendered before it got that far. Sometimes, rather than watch their children and old folk slowly starve, the people overthrew the government (or king) and surrendered the city that way.

Nowadays conquering armies do the very same thing on a much larger scale. Whole Nations. They begin by isolating the country, surrounding it with military bases and ships. All commerce, whether by plane rail or ship is suspended. Slowly at first. Banking and the transfer of money by electronic means is also halted.

Imports of food, medical supplies and trade goods like gasoline and spare parts begin to dwindle. All of this slowly takes its toll on the economy, population and government control.

The difference between back in the day and now is the lingo used to describe this initial action against a target country. Laying siege was the old term.

Today we call it Sanctions.

Same thing different era. Same goal in mind. The word sounds euphemistic, but really the desired outcome is conquering and subjugation of an entire people, their government and their resources. That is the desired effect. There are no halfway measures or well, we changed our mind.

Count on it. How long it takes to go to the war phase of operations depends on how long the sanctions take to have their full effect. And how long it takes to convince the people of the aggressor nation that this needs to be done. After all if we don't believe its necessary, that is another problem altogether. We have to believe in it or we won't support it.

So our media tells us there are Humanitarian issues at stake, and bad presidents and WMD and the terrible awful terror of it all, if something is not done! I wish I could say it better than that...

Don't be fooled by the propaganda and stay tuned. Syria is up and Iran is on deck.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join