It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thank You for Coach Jim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've been a Niners fan for over 30 years. It's apparent if you see my place and my clothes. Man we were awesome in the 80's and 90's. Then Suckcity. All other NFL fans LOVED that. It hurt. Jim Harbaugh came in last year and took a struggling Niners team to the NFC Championship game in his first year as head coach. Check the Vegas odds on who they think will win the Superbowl this year. 9 out of 10 say the Niners. Getting sponsorship notice again:

That's Coach Jim. He takes on all the media heat. Disses no one and doesn't let anyone else either. He was Coach of the Year last year for a reason. Thanks Jim.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

One of my best friends is a die hard 49ers fan i'm a long suffering Bills fan myself.....

But i have a question for you, at this point it looks like the 49ers should get the second bye with the Falcons getting home field through out the NFC so the question is do you think in the playoffs the 49ers can go into Atlanta and beat the Falcons?????

Just curious

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

The Falcons have a terrible playoff record. They are referred to as "1and done." Looking at the seedings, still 2 weeks left though, I see the Niners playing GB at home and Atlanta hosting the Seahawks. I don't know if the Falcons can survive that game. If they do they will be a beat up bunch hosting the Niners. The Niners are also a very good road team. Knocked off the Pats last week in Foxboro. That's almost unheard of in Dec. I see a Niners/Pats SB. Unless they slip up and give an opening to Denver, thus playing at Mile High. I don't see Belichek letting that happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I see a Niners/Pats SB.

I'm seeing Denver/Seattle. What Seattle did to the 9ers yesterday was pretty impressive. Manning's offense is running on all cylinders right now and their defense is holding strong. They lost to Atlanta and New England earlier in the season before the whole team took hold, and now they've won 10 straight. How many times have they won by double digits now? And Seattle? There's a reason people are "Sleepless in Seattle". They're afraid of running into their defense. Atlanta will choke like they always do. Green Bay is a threat but not to Manning. He's too smart. It's just that damn Brady I'm worried about. That little f***er is GOOD, and when him and Manning play it's always a coin toss.

My money is on a Denver/ Seattle game though.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think the Falcons can win a playoff game but i wouldn't pick them to go to the Superbowl i think Greenbay is a lock to get back to the Superbowl lets face it the Packers are playing like well the Packers and with the 49ers losing yesterday the Packers will probably get the bye....

In the AFC i think the Broncos are one year away i know they have won ten in a row but i think it's one year too early, in the begining of the year my Superbwol pick was the Packers over the Texans but if i chose now i'd say Packers/Patriots with the Packers winning the bowl, however i wouldn't forget about the Ravens either there going to be healthy come playoff time...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
I think the Falcons can win a playoff game but i wouldn't pick them to go to the Superbowl i think Greenbay is a lock to get back to the Superbowl lets face it the Packers are playing like well the Packers and with the 49ers losing yesterday the Packers will probably get the bye....

The Niners losing in Seattle was a forgone conclusion. That's a nasty place to play. That said, the Pack have a helluva game ahead of them next weekend.They go to Minnesota, who is lighting it up right now and, I think, still have a shot at a playoff berth. If the Vikings get in everyone should be afraid. The Niners host the Cards. Still a shot at the #2 seed.

In the AFC i think the Broncos are one year away i know they have won ten in a row but i think it's one year too early, in the begining of the year my Superbwol pick was the Packers over the Texans but if i chose now i'd say Packers/Patriots with the Packers winning the bowl, however i wouldn't forget about the Ravens either there going to be healthy come playoff time...

Agreed. The Broncs need some more seasoning. Stick a fork in the Ravens though. They are done. Can they beat the Bengals this weekend? I wouldn't lay money on it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yea some people are real down on the Ravens i mean they panicked so bad they fired there offensive coordinator three weeks ago however come playoff time they will have Suggs and Lewis back on D and there always a tough out in the playoffs in my opinion....

As far as the NFC i don't know what happen to your 49er's i knew the Seahawks were pretty good but i thought the 49ers were clearly better, i'll say this much the 49er's are a big wildcard come playoff time they could go anywhere from being one and done in the playoffs all the way to the Superbowl dunno..

I still see the Packers winning the whole thing though i really like the Vikings and wish they would win on Sunday but i see this Packers team much like the 2010 team that won the Superbowl, there getting hot at the right time...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well time to reflect beings we made these predictions with two to three weeks left in the regular season first off i was right about a Falcons vs 49ers game in the playoffs and you were right about the winner also you called a Falcons vs Seahawks game before the Falcons/49ers game....

We were both right about the Broncos not being ready yet and that they needed more seasoning even tho they were the number one seed coming out of the AFC, i was wrong on the Packers winning the Superbowl and you were wrong on the Ravens being done....

So here we have it your team two years off of coming of a 6 and 10 record they go to the Superbowl, congrads your team made it, i must admit i'm satisfied with this Superbowl both teams proved what they needed to prove and that is they got screwed last year and last years Superbowl was a fluke, as far as who is going to win i dunno the 49er's were a 4 point favorite last time i checked but both teams are very similar in some senses they both play great defense and love to run the ball and both coach's coach in a similar fashion not surprising beings the two head coachs are both brothers.....

If i had to guess i would say the Ravens but i'm not strong in my convictions with that pick, if the 49ers win i would be happy both my dad who has passed and one of my best friends were/are 49ers fans so good luck your team deserved it and they deserved to be in the Superbwol last year as well.....

new topics

top topics

join