It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have both the Democrats & Republicans to blame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The state of our country, you see some say it's Bush's fault, you see some say it's Obama's fault. It takes only a brief moment of soberness, sanity & objectiveness to come to the conclusion that both parties are at fault. I hear day after day, Republican bashing & Democrat bashing, at the end of the day both are at fault. Some more at fault at times than others, there are individual screw-ups in each party, why can't we all just get along? A sentiment declared by the late Rodney King. I'm glad to see there has been no rioting in the streets based on the election results. So the right will blame Obama for the next 4 years, & the left will continue to blame Bush for the next 4 years, both are wrong, both are to blame. Suck it up, suck up your pride for an instant and see, there is little to no difference between the parties. The parties may lean toward a type of belief, but those opposing that belief will always be there to fight back, no matter who is in power, the opposite view will always be there, forcing the politicians to lean both ways from time to time.

Looking back at the history of the presidents I wonder what a modern day Federalist, Democratic-Republican or Whig party member would look like. I wouldn't mind their addition to the modern day parties, mirror Canada's party system for all I care, we're all the same.

The rights of every group will exist no matter who is temporarily in power, therefore the lobbying for one particular group or another will always exist from time to time no matter who is in power. It will lean this way or that way, in the end Republicans & Democrats are the same & should stop fighting, they should actually spend a second in self-reflection, see their similarities and forget their differences for a second. I believe this would help our country.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The problem lies in the two party system. People are stuck in the mindset of "Team Democrat" or "Team Republican" instead of evaluating individual candidates based on their actions, beliefs and qualifications for the job.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I agree, whether your guy won or lost, the corruption in obvious, you would think everyone would want a honest election, only the losers. lol

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

its all just like a petty tribal mentality. ive had the opportunity to live with both die hard democrats and republicans and its why i have the opinions i do today. in fact right now as i type im able to overhear some propaganda being spewed by what im guessing is msnbc. all day long, nonstop its "the republicans did this, rush limbaugh said that" and in these peoples minds the republicans are the root cause of pretty much everything bad. and when you go and talk to a republican its exactly the same only turned back around and aimed at the left. so whos right and whos wrong? the red tribe thinks the blue tribe is brainwashed, the blue tribe thinks the red tribe is brainwashed, i think theyre all brainwashed, and they all think im crazy. which way do we go now? im thinking probably nowhere.

top topics

join