It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Videos For Family Time? Please Read Before Judging This Title

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My 12 year old and I have always had the last few minutes of each day to ourselves. I still tuck him in and we talk, we laugh, we learn from each other, we read and discuss a bible study appropriate for his age, and we pray together. Finally, even though he thinks he is getting a little too old to like it, I still kiss his forehead before I go back to my lovely wife.

If you have seen any of my other threads, you may know I struggle with severe depression and my family is everything to me. So, in addition to our private time I recently began pulling together around 15 to 20 minutes of videos to watch together as a family. Sometimes I look for inspirational stories, other days maybe funny things, weird things the next day, maybe baseball fails, even some old 70’s music videos (which he laughs hysterically at). We get to do this two or three times a week, and I was hoping the folks at ATS would have some good recommendations for an evening of family time videos. They don’t have to all be on the same subject, nor do they need to be very lengthy as long as the total time for the day doesn’t exceed about 20 minutes.

After that, his ADHD has him in a land far, far away and I need to get the rubber mallet out (just kidding).

We have had so much fun with this, I recommend it to everyone. If you have any suggestions, please share with me and the rest of our ATS community. You may find it an extraordinary family bonding exercise.

I look forward to good ideas for all of us with families, or even those of us who would just like to have something to look forward to before bedtime. Worth the effort.

Thanks for any help.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Very short but the content will stay with your for hours, if not days, if not longer.

I hope this makes a nice little addition to your family time

ETA: Baby hears mama's voice for the first time.

edit on 11-11-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Why not watch some classic disney in installments? We waited years for Harry Potter and starwars etc. So a day to see what Mogli gets up to next is no big deal

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I don't know if you watch these things online or save them to dvd, but Youtube has so many short and fun clips that can stir the imagination. Here's a bunch of Cool Science Experiments

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just got in from church, followed your link, and subscribed to the channel right away. Thanks!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

This will be one of my all time favorites. Thank you so much. Everyone who comes across this thread needs to watch that because the baby girl's reaction is worth more than all the world's gold.

top topics

join