It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgians Plan Whites-Only Prom Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is so sad that in this day and age we can't look past skin color

Georgians Plan Whites-Only Prom Party
By ELLIOTT MINOR

ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - A year after holding their first integrated prom, some students at Taylor County High School have decided to again hold a separate, private party for whites only.

lLink

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That really makes me proud to be an american.

This is disgusting

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I suppose it's private so they don't have to wear their white hoods in fear.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good one Lysergic,

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Rural America is a scary place.

The suburbs often aren't much better.

I'm happy to be in NYC.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Im glad that I go to a very racially diverse school. It really helped me learn a lot of new things about many cultures.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have friends from many different cultural backgrounds.

I just find the KKK, and Neo Nazi groups revolting.

And they claim to be good ole fashion christian....

"Love one another"
John 15:12

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is reporting that the Bush administration is organizing it.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Al Jazeera is reporting that the Bush administration is organizing it.

Orgianizing what?!?!?! The Prom or the facist Goups?!?!?!

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
you gotta admit though, just because something says whites only doesnt mean all the antendies are pro-white anti-non-white...

i mean it sounds a bit fishy, but the question is if they are anti-non white, why would you want to congregate with them anyway they are obviously very sad small minded individuals..

but on the otherside of things too much pollicital correctness, can be abused...

there is a place not to far from me and quite freqently, large gangs of asian youths attack white elderly and other youths, it hardly ever gets reported, but when white youths attack asian elderly it is all over the papers.. saying a racist attack has happend..

you have to question the real meaning of the word racist..

i once spoke to my black friend at college one day, about his type of thing and he said that 99% of the time when his black and asian friends are stoped by the police they play up and say that the police are being racist, just to get them off there back,

now its a good thing that black/asian/non white people are taken seriously when the word racism/racist is used, but i am starting to feel that it is getting abused in my area, i frequenly call my black friends so called racist names, and they call me names back, its just a bit of a joke we dont take it seriously,( i would never call a non white person a so called racist word, if i didnt know them, incase they took it the wrong way) its not the word thats used its the way the words are used..

i dont know if non white people are playing up, because they can, or weather they are truely offended by words or signs or whatever..

at the end of the day if somebody is respectfull to me and nice to me i treat them exacally the same way back, or i treat people as i would like to be treated...

i mean if somebody is racially abusive towards a person then it is not the targets problem, the instigator is the person with the problem, and the problem is probably an initial lack of respect probably due to bad narrowminded parrents bringing that person up with a small minded attitude to things they dont quite understand....

people are people regaurdless of skincolour, we are all human and should live humanely, unfortunately alot of things such as religon and culture, promote racial segrigation...

maybe a good way to eliminate so called racism would be to educate children at school thoughrelly about different cultures and make sure classes are a good mix of races and creeds...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
we have had race problems ever since religion has been around...solving the problems will probably take a long time yet..

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In Cali, We would've beat the hell out of those racist. But then that would be racist to?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I really want to make a comment on "Wear their hoods in fear".

In the south, few blacks have stood up to the KKK physically and lived, so don't be pulling that "We niggas are the shiznits" crap ok?

You still get tarred and feathered, in fact the KKK could make mince-meat of your stupid black gangs.

Now that that's said.

I have no problem with letting them have an "All white prom"...maybe they don't like the Tribal blacks stealing all their white women.

Do you really think most blacks take white women because they "love them"? If you do think again.

A good friend of mine living in New Jersey wrote me one day telling me how one of her black friends she kinda liked just fuked her *she was hmm 14 at the time*, and he could have cared less.

Today I just read a paper about a Black 18 year old running off with a 15 year old white girl with the tattoo of "nino" on it *a gang tattoo here*.

I won't say that black guys can't love a white woman and all that *I do know some*, what I mostly see is the whole "Tribal" feeling where the blacks, feeling to be the underdogs of the White man, can make themselves "better" by taking a white woman.

Welcome to the Primate mind, and we all have it, if Blacks were the dominate race *which is a bad thing to say technically we've all been equal for about 30 years*, but suppose that they were dominant, and dressed as kings and all lived in high towers.

You'd see a lot more White guys dating Black girls.

The ratio of black guys with white girls, versus black girls with white guys, is very VAST, with the black guys with white girls being in the majority.

Specifically for that reason.

So I have no problem with someone having an all white function, frankly I'm sick of the blacks thinking that they are being oppressed or racist against because they aren't superior to us.

This is a PROM and has nothing to do with ANYTHING of Racism.

If no White girl is bringing a Black guy to the dance, or a white dude and a black girl, then WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?

Just because blacks can't show up as their own couples doesn't mean it's racist as much as preference.

I wish I grew up in the south, the mexican//black//asian gangs here really make you want to push all of them out of the country. And this coming from someone whose some best friends are blacks.

My spiff is with the poor black "I'm being oppressed" ghetto type "niggas". The uneducated sots who think that they aren't making in the world because Republicans over tax them and whites oppress them.

However I've found the black man who decides to go to college, stand up strait with no chains hanging out of his pockets, who speaks like a Gentleman, to be quite the majestic sir.

I knew two who were like this, one going to MIT who worked as a Sales Rep with me, and I'd follow him anywhere, he came strait out of that Ghetto hell hole in LA, and new exactly that the Black people's problem is they speak Ebonics, talk trash and call eachother Nigga.

If I could know for sure that the majority of the blacks down there were upstanding southern gentlemen and southern belle type peoples, I'd probably have more pitty for them. But if they're anything like the average club hitting nigga calling ebonics speaking black as here, I don't see why they don't just move to New Jersey, where the whole population seems to tolerate such crap.

Don't think they don't bring it upon themselves.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
deppends on your phillosophy i suppose, yes and no, would it be racist, humanist?

you could say when humans shoot monkeys for sport, it is an animalist attack because the hunter sees the monkey as an inferior species..

when a human attacks another human, because they see that human as inferior is it racist or humanist?

by the way i made them words up, but youll all know what im getting at...

my commet was to what fox said not hkot

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
LoL just read what fox said, come over to rural Nevada will beat the hell out of you. Us whites mexicans blacks you name it, we hate you liberal flojos. You don't know what the hell a tree is let alone decency.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am White I live in Texas and as for "In the south, few blacks have stood up to the KKK physically and lived, so don't be pulling that "We niggas are the shiznits" crap ok? "

# the KKK, if they have a problem with me they can contact me through u2u and i'll gladly give them my home address.

"If no White girl is bringing a Black guy to the dance, or a white dude and a black girl, then WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?

Just because blacks can't show up as their own couples doesn't mean it's racist as much as preference. "

I am sure if a white person showed up with an african american date they'd get more than just some odd looks there, get real.

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I can tell you what part of the problem is. Change. Traditions are what makes you strong. Change means the end. Who are our children 500 years from now if they speak a different language, are a different color, fight under different standards, believe different religions?

Now how it spilled over to race I don't know...probably was that the Spanish found it easy to sell black pagans into bondage, and so the south relying on it brooded the "hate".

With that hate being there...it's now done two effects.

After the Black was freed, many were yes poor, but it wasn't until the 60s that they became "Tribal", thanks to Malcom X and the Black Panthers.

Now what is tribal?

Well Tribal is, gang mentality, they are the EXACT same thing.

You have Blacks who are just like whites, and mexicans who are just like blacks, and whites just like blacks...and now what are the first impressions you get when I say that?

Spics, wetbacks blah blah.

None of you stop to think ... "They are all the same thing, they are all 'Americans'..."

None of you stopped to think that now did you? Be honest. Nope. You were all picturing posers, white chocolates, wiggers, and the what not.

THAT IS TRIBALISM.

Smaller groups who define themselves based on a common trait and not based on a common culture.

Though Tribes will have common cultures, naturally.

And it forms *as any sociologest would tell you* in high school, when groups are formed.

This is why you have black gangs, white gangs, mexican gangs blah blah...you have nerds jocks smokers.

The problem is that blacks do not have a natural advantage, their parents are mostly poor or single, where as whites are not.

So a white can afford to go through a phase of tribalism and gang activity, because his parents and family is there to back him up after he's done.

Blacks however, have no such backing, or at least very little.

This is why I despise the "Tribal Black" the black man who thinks like an Ape, acts like an Ape, hangs out on street corners swinging his arms and grunting like an Ape.

What everyone needs is to stop being so "diverse" and become "Americans" which is people who are responsible, decent *not swearing and killing* and that go to college or at least get a good job.

Americans stand strait up and have pride.

The damn Democrats DESTROYED that by making every little ethnic group feel they were "different". They aren't, we're all Americans. And only Americans.

We aren't "Blacks" "Mexicans" "Italians" "Germans" blah blah.

We are Americans, and we speak English.

What has to go?

Multi-lingualism on forms and drivers liscense and such.

California has just been a sess-pool of such crap.

Hell their high schools now say the morning info in Chinese Mexican and probably a few other languages.

Where do they get the time to say it in English?

Fruit booters.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lysergic I don't say I support the KKK or that you do.

I say your "wear their hoods in fear" is a # statement.

Many blacks suffer under them every day and it is stupid to make them out to be a bunch of wussies in hoods as you do. They are more deadly then what most blacks expect and it is because of people like you that blacks don't realize just how dangerous the KKK is. It should be delt with but ironically the people most effected by it just think "man if they ever came up here we'd bust their heads in".

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by HKoT]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thank you for enlightening us, oh wise one.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ugh it's so sad you are all brain washed.

So because someone doesn't want to be FORCED to associate with blacks or mexicans they are "small minded individuals"?

Well sorry to inform you this but black people have their own culture and whites their own, and when you have a white who grows up in that culture they don't like to have blacks being forced into it.

I mean it's not like "don't associate with blacks" but there is a bit of invasiveness that the "Political Correct" policy has.

And blacks would agree, do you really want whites whinning that they don't have "quanza" or whatever, or that there aren't enough whites in Africa or whatever. I'm sure you've got some "heritage" you don't want whites being a part of.

Just like Mexicans don't want us sitting on top of their pyramids saying "Yup...this is half ours now, or else you're racist".

It's not small minded, it's called culture. Rural America has it.

Large cities don't.

You should try leaving your city for once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join