It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the deciding factor be Laura versus Teresa?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What vast career did Teresa ever have? Marrying money and politicians is not exactly a career choice. Lying about your role in the struggle against apartheid is also not quite a career.

Secondly, it is both arrogant and ignorant to imply that stay at home mothers don't work. Ever try doing it? It ain't no fun - its hard work. Furthermore its really stupid to peeve the stay at home moms - they can vote and you and your little teddy bear may just not become Mr and Mrs President.

Honestly I think people should get off Laura's case... Nerdling your collage of Laura pics were puerile at best.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
What vast career did Teresa ever have? Marrying money and politicians is not exactly a career choice. Lying about your role in the struggle against apartheid is also not quite a career.

Secondly, it is both arrogant and ignorant to imply that stay at home mothers don't work. Ever try doing it? It ain't no fun - its hard work. Furthermore its really stupid to peeve the stay at home moms - they can vote and you and your little teddy bear may just not become Mr and Mrs President.

Honestly I think people should get off Laura's case... Nerdling your collage of Laura pics were puerile at best.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

To begin with, google images supplied me with those pictures.

Now, I say that being a stay at home mom is a lifestyle choice and not a career. I recognise how hard it is to raise children and the need for a stable family environment but having a stay at home mom isnt a prerequisite to having a stable family. Plenty people get on just fine holding down a job and playing the mom role.

What I'm saying is that Laura Bush made a lifestyle choice to stay at home with her children. She chose not to work, not to hold down a day job like the rest of us. Does the woman have a career? No she doesn't. She's a mom, and as much as I love and respect mothers of the world I will not class this as a job.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Nerdling.

Maybe this country needs a good "MOM" right now.

Space

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Lets face it, this is right wing ammo, it needed to be quashed ASAP.

Way too late. The only person I heard trying to defend this latest gaffe' from Lovey (except for Democratic spinmeisters doing damage control) was one lady who called in and said she felt sorry for THK because she had a lot of money but no class.

Stay at home moms are, to a person, outraged. This will cost JFK votes.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If the wives of the candidates were a decideing factor then Kerry would lose big, but they aren't. Personally I view THK as a symptom of why I'm not voting for Kerry not the disease. He has very poor decision makng skills as evidenced by his classless, lowbrow, loudmouth wife. Allthough it might get him some sympathy votes from guys like me who feel sorry for him having to wake up next to that every morning.
Then agian Hillary was the reason Bill fell for Monica, maybe Kerry doesn't wake up next to THK afterall.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

one lady who called in and said she felt sorry for THK because she had a lot of money but no class.

BINGO!!!! What real job has THK ever done? I would like to know.

To all of those who think she would be an awesome first lady, I have to wonder about you. THK speaks without thinking, is rude, crass, condescending, and acts just like a spoiled rich brat who has never had to work a day in her life.

I would be very embarrased to have her represent the US a first lady, as I really don't see her as being a lady.

I am not against "vocal" women (Hillary Clinton was VERY smart and outspoken and handled the Monica thing with class and dignity) but there is a difference between being vocal and being obnoxious. THK makes me wanna hurl.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join