It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World hates the US and I found a Potential Solution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The American economy would suffer if we isolated ourselves but we have enough accumulated wealth to keep going until we change our ways to better accomodate our new isolationistic ways.

accumulated wealth? what about our huge deficit?doesnt that mean we are in the hole? isnt the debt growing in exxess of 100 billion every day?

I IMHO don't think we should be the police for the Globe

we are not policing the globes well being, we are policing our global revenue!

can u guys honestly tell me that our military presence overseas creates no commercial influence? look at how we occupied those damn dirty japs after WW2 and now we have really strong buisness ties.

we have attained our power through the cooperative effort of technological progression with our good foreign relationships. now you suggest cutting our ties? imo this would create a overwhelming anomosity towards us. perhaps we are so generous to the world because they are the ones who gobble up all of our merchandise like hungry vultures!

[edit on 20-10-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey edsinger nobody hate Americans, they only hate bush. That is all.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As soon as Kerry is elected the insugents will put down their arms in Iraq, Hamas will stop blowing up discos and passover seiders, Osama will come to the White House to grovel, the Arab militias in Sudan would join the Red Cross, the Ayatollahs will stop building an arsenal to destroy the US and Israel and Kim Jong Il will disband his military and reunite with the South also China will stop aggression towards Taiwan and be the first nation to recognize Taiwan's independence.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I dont see how anyone can think if Kerry is elected the world will love America
The world was mad at the US long before Bush and they will be mad long after he is gone.

Some aspects of Isolation would be very good for America right now. Though I think it would create a power vacum that would be quickly filled by China or the EU or even a new superpower Russia.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 20-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I just want to make a simple point here, and 1 person actually caught this irony.....

It was a POSTED link, not my thoughts...I will try to stay out of this one and see what happens....later I will post my reply to all 6 points.

Cheers!

Originally posted by verfed
As soon as Kerry is elected the insugents will put down their arms in Iraq, Hamas will stop blowing up discos and passover seiders, Osama will come to the White House to grovel, the Arab militias in Sudan would join the Red Cross, the Ayatollahs will stop building an arsenal to destroy the US and Israel and Kim Jong Il will disband his military and reunite with the South also China will stop aggression towards Taiwan and be the first nation to recognize Taiwan's independence.

hey man, is that an alarm clock in the background?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Build a wall around ALL our borders, and say "F you, you don't like us, then do it on your own"...

Then why don't you? Why don't all the people who wants to do that join and get it done?

I will tell you why. Because it is as stupid as it sounds. U.S. is very much dependent on world. The world doesn't need U.S., U.S. needs the world. Remember, the world has been standing on its own feet, when U.S. wasn't even on the map.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
An interesting link I found, man does this raise some questions? Just what WOULD happen is the United States did this? Comments?

Maybe we should do what our critics say they want and stop interfering in the world. Maybe we should:

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the
peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

And then, maybe, at least some people outside the U.S. would realize that, for all our sins, we've done - and are still doing - more good than ill, even if the Haliburton Corporation does profit from our actions sometimes.

And, frankly, if the U.S. wasn't the sole superpower, someone else would be in the top spot. Does anyone REALLY want Jacques Chirac to have the power that President Bush has? Or, worse, the nice people who run the People's Republic of China? Or Bashar Assad, or the Mullahs of Iran, or Osama bin Laden? Or Kim Jong Il?

www.elevendayempire.com...

Please don't put the entire post in bold - dbates

[edit on 20-10-2004 by dbates]

1. hah. Cut and run. You made the mess so you have to deal with it. Don't go running to the UN because you can't handle it.

2. Within weeks Israel will cease to exist on the map.

3. Are you insane? You propose giving up a massive strategic foothold just to see what the other guy would do? Oh god. Oh dear god.

4. Good joke. Gamble the lives of millions

Ah screw the numbers, they're all stupid.

Well done. You've constructed a sound policy for pissing the entire world off at you and building a sheltered isolationist state on par with North Korea If these were ever implemented then no nation would ever do business with America again.

You are either crazy, misinformed or just stupid. I'm going with all three.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
You are either crazy, misinformed or just stupid. I'm going with all three.

So right.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That's all good sound isolationist policy.

Could you please design, implement and accelerate your program for removing crap fast food from the global village, as a matter of urgency.

Now thats funny. The world village is buying this "crap fast food" and its our fault for selling it to them?

You wanns get Mcdonalds, Burger Kng etc out of your country MA?
All you gotta do is get the people in your country to stop buying it. The companies stop making money they will leave.

Its our fault you buy our "crap fast food".
What a maroon.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Man..i totally agree...pull out all of your troops and stop aid..of course world stops aid towards us aswell..and stop borrowing money from eu..we have debts also without pouring money to the usa...Those were good points you had there..because now there are far too many soldiers and us bases around europe without purpose because cold war is over..about iraq and handing it out to un, well if i remember right un said it�s your sh*t, not ours. Un was against the war in the first place so why in hell they should repair the place after you have trashed it up..like in kosovo..who are rebuilding it now? Well it ain�t the usa. And fastfood joints around the world should REALLY be taken back to us...very good points man
-ap

[edit on 21-10-2004 by aape]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That's all good sound isolationist policy.

Could you please design, implement and accelerate your program for removing crap fast food from the global village, as a matter of urgency.

The west, America especially, need to stop pushing the rest of the world around and benefiting from their misery.

America needs to learn that many people do not want them rolling into their country and installing their 'democracy'.

America needs to leearn that other countries do not want five MC Donalds in their town.

America needs to learn that having people like the Bush Admin in charge will make people hate them more.

The American people need to stop their political and corporate monsters.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

America needs to leearn that other countries do not want five MC Donalds in their town.

The American people need to stop their political and corporate monsters.

Well if those five Mcdonalds are turning a profit, and if the people in those towns continue to eat at McDonalds then that isn't true now is it?

I get really sick of people bashing "Americas corporate imperialism" when its those same people who are fueling it.

Is it McDonalds fault that people in foreign countries are choosing to eat there?

Newsflash peple McDonalds like every other corporation is out to make money. If they stop making money they will pack up and leave. No one is forcing anyone to eat there, they are choosing to.As long as people want big macs McDonalds will sell them. Stop buying Big Macs and they will stop selling them.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
that�s true but their workers salaries are pure sh*t..no unions allowed..cattle is being raised by farms in australia that are larger than many nations..and still they market their selves as "family restaurant with good intentions"..yeah right..a multimillion megacorporation and they pay less salary than minimarkets in here..well i used to eat macdonalds but only because there are so many of them and other restaurants have quit or been bought and converted to mcdonalds...well fast food restaurants are the smallest problem around the world but it�s still a problem.
-ap

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Personally, I don't really agree with these complaints about McDonalds (well at least not in this case). It's a private company with its own agenda and I can't see how the US or its current Administration should be held accountable for their(McDonalds) actions. That's simply a different issue. IMO.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
True above...I was just talking about why it sucks as a company
..doesn�t really relate it to usa...ikea sucks also and it�s from sweden

.ap

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
ikea sucks also and it�s from sweden

wtf!!? That's uncalled for!!

dh

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
All the points in the post are good on the condition that the US based global corporations and manipulative intellgence services are taken apart piece by piece by the American public and cease to exert their baleful influences

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
that�s true but their workers salaries are pure sh*t..no unions allowed..cattle is being raised by farms in australia that are larger than many nations..and still they market their selves as "family restaurant with good intentions"..yeah right..a multimillion megacorporation and they pay less salary than minimarkets in here..well i used to eat macdonalds but only because there are so many of them and other restaurants have quit or been bought and converted to mcdonalds...well fast food restaurants are the smallest problem around the world but it�s still a problem.
-ap

So if they pay is so bad why do people work there? If they dont have the skills to anything else who's fault is that?

So the size of farms in australa has what to do wth what?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

I get really sick of people bashing "Americas corporate imperialism" when its those same people who are fueling it.

Stop buying Big Macs and they will stop selling them.

I don't know why you are saying this to me. I buy my produce from independantly run, local stores. I never go near that diseased meat that the masses lap up in Mc donalds and others.

The fact is, companies like this one infect the world. I would have far less of a problem if Mc Donalds awere actually a fair comapny who didn't cut down rain forest, who didn't mistreat animals, who didn't provide exrememly low quality goods and lie about it.

This corporate evil has been forced upon many countries who know loose their cultural identity becuase everyone buys the cow face in a bun. It's sick and nobody wants it. The masses will simply lap up what is infront of them, it's not exactely those ignorant peoples faults. They are just...ignorant.

Stop being a moron and look at what is happening.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i really don�t understand why people work there..what i have heard the exchange in workers is very very huge because they have hard time keeping workers there more than month or two..the area of their cattle land is just to make a point how much money that corporation has..it owns burger king, wendys and lot�s of other joints..Then it begs money for some furgen house for sick kids from their customers..atleast they should buy it and stop begging money from customers..
-ap

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join