It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind dog found in L.A. trash heap is ASPCA dog of the year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Fiona

Not all hope is lost.
It shows that a happy ending can literally be found on the wagging end of a dog.
A dog named Fiona. You might have seen the video before. It received a lot of attention, even before the ASPCA named her Dog of the year.

Here is the story that led up to that.

Tell me how you feel after watching that story.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I clicked on the video just to check it was the same one I saw earlier this year. I cannot watch it a second time as it will upset me - the impact from one viewing is plenty deep enough for me.

As long as this beautiful little dog is now cared for and loved - then I am good. We as a society need to realise that animals are here to live with us and we cannot treat them like garbage. I personally would not want to live in a world without animals. They are such wonderful inspiration on many levels.

Much Peace...to all abused animals everywhere...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It is hard to watch at the beginning. My wife won't watch any of those TV ads showing shelter dogs and cats.
so I know where you;re coming from. She flips the channel immediately, it upsets her so much.
I have to say though, the transformation of this poor little pup is amazing. Our treatment of animals, truly reflects our own character.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Knock it off, you trying make me cry.

Poor thing.

It's so great that someone found her.

I got my baby from the shelter and for some reason he's aggressive, he was there two days. But, if anyone comes near me, he gets into attack mode, but outside the house, he's so scared. I don't get it.

What's sad, after he got into the pit bull fight, I can't even walk him past the house, he's too traumatized. But still, if you come near me, he doesn't mind taking a bite out of you.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ok, I cried. It always breaks my heart to see such an innocent and loving animal cruely treated. Thank God for such a happy ending. Many do not get another a chance.

There should be tough penalties for animal abuse.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm a grown ass man who doesn't cry but even this brought some tears to me. I'm a sucker for sad pets and this is such a good story.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

It's a safe bet, that you aren't the only one who shed a tear...I mean a really safe bet!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I too watched this a while back then went on a spree of other videos from the same source. For me they are feel good stories that help instill the notion in me that all is not lost
The transformation this dog went through was just amazing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

It's a safe bet, that you aren't the only one who shed a tear...I mean a really safe bet!

Absolutely...If your eyes don't water up a bit watching a story like this then the programming you went through worked!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I'm a grown ass man who doesn't cry but even this brought some tears to me. I'm a sucker for sad pets and this is such a good story.

yea, count me in to...

top topics

join