It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

On voting Badnarik: if you must justify your vote

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Voting in self-defense for someone (Badnarik) who would stop someone else (Bush or Kerry) from depriving you of more liberty and more cash, is every bit as justified as using a firearm in self defense if someone is trying to deprive you of your life or your cash.

And on a practical note, if you somehow persuaded 51% that voting was immoral, the other 49% would still elect their President and take your liberty and your cash. (It’s what happens now, if you’re not paying attention.)

If you somehow persuaded 51% of the people to vote for Michael Badnarik, think how much better your life would be!

The best part is, it doesn’t take 51% – since less than 50% of the population votes, 20 or 25% would be enough for Badnarik to win.

Get another 20 to 25% to abstain from voting, and where does that get you?

Comment by Lex Source




[edit on 20-10-2004 by TrueLies]

[edit on 20-10-2004 by TrueLies]



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
bump*

Can any republican or democrat argue this point here??

Not my point, but I agree with it so I brought it on here so you fellow political monkey's could see it.



posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Democrats aren't really bothered because you're not attracting the left wing. We're keeping our precious votes.

Republicans are scared of a third party.



 
0

log in

join