It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badnarik 's book hits Amazon�s Top 50 in first day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In less than 24 hours after the release of the book was announced, the second and more attractively presented edition of Good To Be King has rocketed into web giant Amazon.Com�s top 50 � territory occupied at this time by no other presidential candidate�s book � selling at a far faster rate than anticipated.

At this time, the book is listed as the eleventh highest seller at Amazon.Com�s new releases listing.

Top 50
Source
New Release section #11

I'm so proud... Oh so very proud...

�A right is something you have the authority to do without asking for permission,� Badnarik says. �A privilege is something that a higher authority allows you to do. The Constitution is supplemented by the Bill of RIGHTS, not a �Bill of Privileges.� Its function is to safeguard our rights � the only privileges it confers are to government, and those are very limited. Most politicians get this key distinction reversed. My book and my campaign are both about setting the record straight on that issue.�

Although Good to be King isn�t a political fundraiser � it�s Badnarik�s personal project � his campaign staff is enthused by the book�s performance. �Michael Badnarik�s ideas have been captivating audiences around the country, and the success of the book establishes that those audiences are coming back for more,� says campaign manager Fred Collins. �We expect that the people who buy the book will also be voting Libertarian and supporting Michael�s campaign.�

Badnarik recently polled at one percent nationally with independent candidate Ralph Nader�s name included on the survey, and at three percent when compared to just Bush and Kerry. These data are from a national opinion survey of 1,000 likely voters conducted on October 14 by Rasmussen Research.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thats great news I will have to get a copy.

I am kinda suprised that they published his book since they wont allow him ANY other kind of advertisement

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Thats great news I will have to get a copy.

I am kinda suprised that they published his book since they wont allow him ANY other kind of advertisement

Isn't it sad??

We have to rely on local newspapers and radio shows and word of mouth....
Which is good, BUT, the majority of people get their "so called unbaised information from the TV"

Go figure

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hold on a second. Michael Badnarik isn't allowed to use the TV to campaign? Damn son, I go away for a while and my ignorance soars.

Anyway, this is great for a third party candidate. I'm of the belief that if the United States were more exposed to the Libertarian ideology, it would be fthe strongest party in the nation. By the sales of this book I would estimate that a large number of people believe in the Libertarian ideal, they just vote for the wrong person so that they can say "at least my vote counts." Wow, democracy in action... Gotta love the way the two party system has hijacked it.

I'm actually kind of worked up now. How the hell is it that the only party that really represents the American philosophy of freedom, democracy and the pursuit of happiness, is a minority party? I don't get it... How frustrating it must be for people like Amuk who have been libertarians for so long and seeing so little progress. I toned down my anarchic tendencies to join this party late last year, and already I'm frustrated.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Hold on a second. Michael Badnarik isn't allowed to use the TV to campaign? Damn son, I go away for a while and my ignorance soars.

We are FINALLY getting air time nation wide

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Hold on a second. Michael Badnarik isn't allowed to use the TV to campaign? How the hell is it that the only party that really represents the American philosophy of freedom, democracy and the pursuit of happiness, is a minority party? I don't get it...

Well it's just the new networks won't interview him mention him or even show a sign supporting him in the backround...
FOX, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS are all EMBRACING IGNORANCE..

APPARANTLY, they don't want a true free nation of people and policies, which leads me to believe they are bending over and taking it up the ass from the PNAC neo cons and democrats... Both highly funded parties, both rich parties, and both embracing bigger government to watch over the people...

new topics

top topics

join