It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't beat em, join em.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok, I guess I am outnumbered and surrounded.

I give up.

I will need some advice to make the transition though.

First off, how do I get one of these Obama phones.

And do I stop going to work right away, or wait to get laid off then go on disability?

And what about all the other free stuff. Gov'mt cheese? Free internet? Sign up online?

Tell me how to join, the party of free stuff for everyone? I need guidance...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Quitters never win.

but here you go;

www.welfareinfo.org...

edit on 7-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

You can afford internet access?

You don't need any free stuff.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Great link!

Thanks!

Now were gettn somewhere.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, that is not the point.

I watched the video of the lady all excited, Obama gave her a phone. Everyone should get the same stuff. If only certain people get stuff, what is that... Capitalism... That is old hat. No, I want the new program. We all get the same crappy flip phones, no more tether feature, big screens, none of that.

And sure, right now I can afford it. But once I really get with the program, tune in, drop out and play tennis, it is beans and mac and cheese, 7 days a week, cause dares no money com'n in anymore.

It is the Santa Clause Gov. That is the big attraction right? Free ice cream if you vote for me.

Am I misunderstanding?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by kawika

~Tenth

26" chrome wheels cost more than internet access yet I see those cars outside our welfare offices all too often.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

Chrome wheels!

No no no, I think we get Fiat 500's. Everyone should get the same crappy car.

Chrome wheels would be way to expressive of individuality.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
if northorp grumman can charge $800 for a stanley hammer, its only fair that all americas get a seat at the government trough.

don't think you're all high and mighty, when people much more powerful and wealthy have owed their success on what they have taken from the government, i.e. your tax dollars.

if its there, its legal, use it. be like the coupon shoppers that get $900 worth of groceries for .75 cents.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am considering joining you. Why contribute just to fund the leeches? Go ahead and become a leech and stop stressing over trying to make a successful business? Why stress over getting your employees paid? Why stress over collecting past due accounts? Just get my gubmint check, gubmint phone, gubmint food, etc... ad infinitum ad nauseum.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

First, they're not called "Obama Phones" -- and the program has been around since the Reagan Administration. It's funded by the Telcom companies. You also have to have a certain income and meet other requirements.

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue.

Link

Oh and the program goes way, way back. Even Bush Jr. in 2009 expanded the program -- one of your own fellow Republicans!

The president has no direct impact on the program, and one could hardly call these devices "Obama Phones," as the e-mail author does. This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.

Link

Besides, they are pretty crappy phones too.

I always thought it was a conspiracy to make sure that *everyone* (especially poor people more prone to crime and selling drugs) had one. I have no doubt these free phones have gaping backdoors for eavsdropping.

Can we put the issue of the phones to bed already? Most people haven't heard of these programs because *gasp* they have enough money to get a cell phone!

Where I am from it's called the "Lifeline" phone, and it's not free. After taxes and surcharge I think it comes out to be like $10/mo.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by kawika

~Tenth

26" chrome wheels cost more than internet access yet I see those cars outside our welfare offices all too often.

Lets see....say approximately $500 per wheel....about $2,000 total, give or take .....
[some cost more]
Doesn't include the tires.....

I don't recall welfare covering those expenses......

Hmmm, must be some other income to be able to buy them.....
Gee, wonder what it could be....[sarcasm]

But hey, as long as they get the free stuff, who cares....right?
Taxpayers money hard at work....
[That only applies to the ones who scam the system so they don't have to work]

ETA: Say, the cars don't happen to be a funky green color by any chance, do they??
Just curious............
edit on 7-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yup. Girl Friday at work repeated a joke about the trick or treat candy. Stop me if you heard this one.

The short version is parents take all the candy as taxes and eat it or redistribute it. But it had a new punchline I had not heard before. The next year, child is just sitting on couch at trick or treat time. Parents ask, "are you going out?". Child answers no, this year I am on welfare, empties the family candy bowl into his bag and goes back to the couch.

I LOVE the parents of today. Listener Mark sent me this email about what he and his wife tried to teach his children this Halloween. I LOVE it.
Wanted to let you guys know that my wife and I took last night teach our kids about redistribution wealth and their beloved teachers and public servants.
After our kids spent two hours running house to house in search of treats, they came home exhausted. Upon entering the house, we had them (3 boys, 1 girl) dump their respective candy onto the floor for inspection by the TSA (The Sugar Authority).
The TSA removed all the forbidden “in home” items (too long a list to include here, but essentially everything my Wife doesn’t like, totally arbitrary and without reason). They were then patted down to insure they hadn’t hidden any of the forbidden items in their costumes.
The piles were then evaluated for equality by the IRS (Illogical Resource Stabilization). The IRS discovered that the daughter had considerably less than the boys (she only worked for 1 hour and came home to watch TV) and the oldest son had the most. So the IRS took “a lot” from the oldest, “some” from the middle, and gave it to the daughter. This resulted in cries of “unfair” and “I worked for this” from the boys and a big smile (and hug of Thanks from the daughter).
After about 10 minutes of complaining the IRS official stated if they didn’t like it, The IRS would take all their candy and ground them for a month. They grumbled as they put what was left of their hard work back into their bags. The IRS official told them to stop, we weren’t finished yet. You see, you guys didn’t build this (Halloween), so we have to give some candy to the builders. Silence and wide stares filled the room.
In came the CTA (Candy Taking Aholes), SIEU (Sugar Ingesting, Exceedingly Underachievers) and host of other “builders”. The IRS official instructed the boys to put half their candy into their bag and give the rest to the IRS. As they did this they asked (quite loudly I might add) why their sister wasn’t doing the same. The IRS official stated that since she had less to begin with, she could keep what she has (for her self esteem). Additionally it was added, that since they worked so hard to get their candy, it was their responsibility to give some to those who chose not to work and they should feel lucky to do so. Again, because they didn’t build it.
My oldest son (12 years old) stated that if this is how it works, he’s staying home next year and watching TV. The other boys (aged 6 and 9) agreed. My daughter (11 years old) asked quizzically. “If we all stay home, who’s going to get the candy for the builders and me?”.
End of the Halloween Dream

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well, the Obama phone is free.

So you must have a Reagan phone, not an Obama phone...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

The point is :

Obama did not endorse, create or amend any kind of program to give away "free" phones.

Why is that so hard to understand?

There is no such thing as an "Obama Phone" -- Just some dumb Obama supporter.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Dumb Obama supporter???

I am going to pretend that you did not write that.

I think he bought one lady a new kitchen. Now I know this stuff is out there. You all are holding out on me...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I gave you a star and flag just for mentioning "Obama Phone"

I'm no Romney fan but I rather him than my supreme leader Stephen Harper.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Clearly you aren't a fan of social programs.

I don't really see what Obama has to do with it since they were in place long before he was in office, or out of college.

He's not made it easier to join the program, but more people have fallen into the poverty gap since he took office, so there is that.

I don't support the whole cell phone thing, but the poor need looking after. And honestly, the way the education system in America is, why is everybody so surprised that more and more people are idiots, dependent on government subsidy and social programs?!

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

So you think that Obama is subsidzing rims for people?

He can't really do anything about people's priorities now can he? You could impart more restrictions on how that money could be spent, but what are the odds that criminals would abuse it anyway?

Quite high. I think discontinuing a program or abolishing social services because some take advantage is a bit spurious. If that's the case we should do away with this whole thing we call democracy because of one case of voter fraud, or one campaign promise broken.

Social programs are necessary in a 21st century society that refuses to properly educate it's citizens. How do you exepect ANYBODY to pull themselves out of their current situation, without the basic schooling required to pass a GED or get into college?

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To play Devil's advocate and anticipate what his response will be...it'll be something like:

"How much does a library card cost?"

Look, it's more than just having access to knowledge, it's another thing to be raised to believe in getting a good education. When you're raised in a poor home where your mom works 3 jobs and you never see her -- I doubt you're going to care about going to school. You can make money illegally selling drugs RIGHT NOW.

We need a fundemental paradigm change in the way of thinking when it comes to education -- It has to start at home. We need to figure out ways to get through culturally to these people in poverty.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There, see, that's what I am talk'n bout.

Obama phone. Free stuff.... that's what were all about.

That..... is what happened. THat is why we lost.

Who can compete with Santa Clause?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join