It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next major religious figure of prophesy. The Branch?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've been studying the bible and end time prophesy for awhile. And I figured this detail out.

Back in the first century AD the Jews were expecting a Messiah that was supposed to have restored the biblical kingdom of Israel/David. But instead the revolts of 70 and 135 AD destroyed the nation and the Diaspora happened instead. So what happened? It appears they triggered the curse of Malachi.

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

So then why was this curse applied and the details of it?

Jesus Christ accused the people of Israel of committing this crime.

Matthew 17
10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

And based on the evidence I found in the bible it appears that they have been serving the punishment for it.

The evidence.

Leviticus 26. The covenant between the Israelites and God. In this covenant God details the benefits for following his religion he was creating with Moses and the punishments for non-compliance. The punishments increase from minor discomforts to the death and destruction of your people and nation. However there is a restoration clause at the end of it.

44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Now here is the declaration of the curse and the timetable for it.

Hosea 5 and 6.

13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

And if you don't understand the day references this verse should clear it up.

2nd Peter 3-8 based on Psalms 90-4.
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The curse triggered was 2000 years long. And it appears that Israel been serving it. Now how does the Branch fit into this. Quite simply based on Leviticus 26 and other old testament prophesies along with Matthew 24-15 it appears that the Jewish temple needs to be rebuilt before the end of this curse. And it appears to me this curse ends approximately around 2025 to 2028. And it's the Branch who's prophesied to rebuild it.

Zechariah 3
8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Zechariah 4
1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep.
2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

Zechariah 6
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Isaiah 4
2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Jeremiah 23
5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.
7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

According to the prophesies another messiah is supposed to appear. And this is what Revelation says about him.

Continued.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Rev. 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

It would appear that there are multiple messiahs in the end times.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ok,first off,im not of any of the main religious denominations.
but i try to study as many religions as i can!
i see you put a lot of time and effort into your studies,and i applaud you for that! good work!

i only have one question.
where was 'god' before abraham?
if this 'god' was so powerful,why didn't he make 'his' presences known before abraham?
why didn't 'he' make his presence known before this?
was he biding 'his' time,waiting for the right moment to reveal 'his' presence to 'his' creation?
as a creator,wouldn't the created know of 'him'?
(i fathered my children,and they know i am their dad!)
i don't want to hear about the garden of eden story,because that doesn't explain all the other humans living all over the planet at 'that' time.
why did it take so long for 'god's' word to spread around the earth?
even as recent as 500 years ago,there were tribes all over the world who never heard of this 'god'!
i find it amusing that an Omnipotent 'god' would use such fallible humans to spread 'his' word across the globe!
we all see how that worked out! (war,famine,inquisition,crusades - all in 'his' name!)
as a 'god' surly this shows he is imperfect!
ya 'he' may have given us free will,but that too would be a flaw on 'his' part.
i,myself,believe in life and nature.
the sun is my god,and the moon is my goddess.
i can actually see them,and i can actually see their affects on everything on this planet - be it good or bad.
i do not pray to them,but i am thankful every day of their existance.
they are always there,even if i can't see them,and i can prove it!
thoughts?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

ok my friend, the revelation of the name is paramount so what name is this that means the branch, there is only one name that would please this revelation and that is YAHUWSHWA this IS THE BRANCH IT MEANS, HE WHO EXSISTS SENDS FORTH SALVATION BY HIS WORD, HALALUYAH.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The Branch is Christ Jesus.

Jesus said He is the true vine and His Father is the husbandmen, we are the grapes,

are you ready for harvest, or are you rotten? That is the question.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
if this 'god' was so powerful,why didn't he make 'his' presences known before abraham?
was he biding 'his' time,waiting for the right moment to reveal 'his' presence to 'his' creation?
as a creator,wouldn't the created know of 'him'?

thoughts?

The way I read it, it was more of the people decreasing their contact with God. The lineage from Adam though Noah had contact with God. God even told Noah how to make the ark. And there seems to have been some form of laws as everyone left the ark.

Then when everyone was supposed to spread out an populate the Earth, they instead stuck together and worked on the tower of Bable to try to make a name for themselves. It was then that God messed up their languages to get everyone to start spreading out. From what I've read, there seem to be remnants of a more complex set of laws that exist in many ethnic groups around the world. I think I read about some less-technologically advanced tribes in New Guinea that had special designated circles where someone could flee to in order to have a fair hearing if they accidentally harmed/killed someone (instead of having to face someone out for revenge from the offended member's family/group). To me, that seems remarkably similar to what the Israelites set up as cities of refuge for the same purpose. Things like that seem to suggest that everyone had a commonly accepted way of doing things a long time ago that slowly changed as the groups spread further apart geographically and culturally.

The way I read in the case of Abraham, his family probably was more interested in keeping contact with God compared to other family groups at the time.

Just some thoughts...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

adam and eve are the first people who believed YAHUWAH, that by his word he would send salvation, now the word became flesh and dwelt among us. its all about creating a family he can call his on, THE YAHUDIM. a kingdom that rules by rigthousness and not vain pride and arogance.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

jesus and other names our not correct sorry , sorry thats a tradition of man, meaning if they say it long enough and loud enough it will some how be true but thats a fairy tell told in the dark. YAHUWSHWA IS THE BRANCH THIS REVELATION IS BREAKING UP ON THE EARTH NOW.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ok,first off,im not of any of the main religious denominations.
but i try to study as many religions as i can!
i see you put a lot of time and effort into your studies,and i applaud you for that! good work!

That's an excellent question, one which I've been asking myself and looking into / studying. The point where I'm at with that subject is:

It appears that YHWH was indeed waiting and watching the events and people of the earth, and when he found a person who used his own Freewill to rationalize out of polytheism and adopted a monotheistic view, YHWH looked upon this incident as unique and worthy of closer examination.

This led to YHWH establishing first contact with Abraham.

I really feel that this is a valid conclusion, having been going through the Torah(law) and seeing the emphasis placed on existence of One God and prohibition of graven images of any sort.

You can find this same theme throughout the whole old testaments, from law to prophets etc.

The "high places" worshiping of false gods, passing children through fire to molech, baal worship, shrines to celestial objects all being condemned time and time again.

Even unintentional items ended up causing transgressions, an example that you can view is when a plague of "firey serpents" was sent upon the wandering hebrews. At that time Moses was instructed to forge / smith a bronze serpent, which if any bite victim gazed into, he would be saved from death.

You will find later reference to this item, the bronze serpent in the book of Kings ( Kings II I believe), it is then revealed the name of the serpent was Neshutan, and that misguided or otherwise, the hebrews were semi-worshiping it, and offering incense to it.

Hope this helps in some way!

X
edit on 7-11-2012 by Xatnys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by ntech

The Branch is Christ Jesus.

Jesus said He is the true vine and His Father is the husbandmen, we are the grapes,

are you ready for harvest, or are you rotten? That is the question.....

Not as fresh as I could be but getting there.
. God bless you.

The rain is pouring down
Like all the souls you sent here
Coming to this Earth
To find healing

Mother earth takes in the rain
Like your heart takes my voice
Let us free eachother
With our prayers, with our voice

And I'm coming home
And I'm coming home
And I'm coming home
And I'm coming home

Ong namo guru dev namo (I humbly call upon Divine Wisdom)

Oh, my beloved
Kindness of the heart
Breath of life
I bow to you

Divine teacher
Beloved friend
I bow to you
Again and again

Lotus sitting on the water
Beyond time and space
This is your way
This is your grace

edit on 7-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

f this 'god' was so powerful,why didn't he make 'his' presences known before Abraham? why didn't 'he' make his presence known before this?

Fair question. The problem with Genesis is that it's not a complete record of human prehistory. It starts with Adam but as you said there were humans on the earth before him. So what does the bible say?

Ecclesiastes: Chapter 1
1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes: Chapter 3
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

I believe what is happening is that Man is on a great cycle. Civilizations begin and mature and die. Then there is a judgment at the end of their age and the cycle begins anew. And the knowledge of what came before is lost. Something to know here is one of the titles of the Lord. The Lord of Hosts. But what is a Host?

Daniel 8
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Hosts are people. Saints and holy people. Which then begs the question. How many hosts are we talking about? That's not answered but it would appear there are many of them.

So when were they? I would suspect there was many cycles of humanity before Adam. We just have the story from Adam. And "God" came to those cycles in much the same way as he has this one. For what purpose? You would have to ask him about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TRACY777

I think you have it wrong there. While Jesus Christ is the Lord the Branches are one step down from him. They would be his Lieutenants. As Malachi 3 puts it they are his messengers.

1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

They are just a step lower than the Lord in the scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Wouldn't this messenger be John the Baptist who lead the way baptizing people then he baptized Jesus and that was the start of his ministry.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

No actually. I suspect that if he had lived then he would have been the messenger of the covenant. BUT. He died. According to Zechariah the messenger or the first branch is the guy who built the 2nd temple.

Zechariah: Chapter 6
11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

This is the first guy. Now look at verse 13.
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

2 Branches. But this is what Malachi says.

Malachi: Chapter 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi Chapter 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

It doesn't name Elijah as a Branch. Now he could be the 2nd branch but the book doesn't name him as one. It would seem that God left his options open here. What we're watching for is the guy who builds the 3rd temple.

And a unformed thought here. In Zechariah it's mentioned that the 4 spirits of heaven have searched the earth and the 2 that went to the north found something.

Zechariah: Chapter 6
1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?
5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the LORD of all the earth.
6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.
7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.
8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.

Could the 2nd Branch be the 3rd horseman of Revelation?
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

8 ...And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

If what I think about these Revelation parables is true then verse 5 and 6 are a veiled reference to the 2nd Branch
A thought for the moment.

edit on 8-11-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

“destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up” (John 2:19).Then said the Jews, 46 years was this temple in building, and will you raise it up in three days? Jesus was talking about himself here

Jesus individual followers were also referred as the temple

1 Cor 15:46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. One temple is natural and one is symbolic

Jesus confirms to his disciples that, indeed, John does fulfill this prophecy (Matthew 17:13) Just like you said

John sees himself fulfilling Isaiah's prophecy, "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord...' " (3:4-5, quoting Isaiah 40:3-5).

join