It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy birthday to me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
yes,it's my 45th year on this planet,as of 5:09 this morning!
well,since my last birthday,everything has been building up to the big GIFT i got this year for my celebration!
this is what i got for my b-day this year.
lets start!
1) lost my job a bit back due to stress. (too much info to get into here)
2) me and my girl split up after 5 years,and she moved out,with her (our) kids.we don't even talk any more,and i miss her (our)kids dearly.
3) my 'other' ex-wife said she can't bring my (biological) kids to visit me because i can't afford to pay her gas money for the trip.
4) as of nov. 30th,i will have no place to live,and be homeless.
5)my dad is dying,and he doesn't have much longer to go.

gee,if i get any more 'gifts' like these,i might not make it to my next birthday!

on a positive note,i love my family,and they are always there to help!
any way,hope every one has a nice day!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Awwwww Man......you need a ((( Hug ))).....Happy Birthday....hope you get some cake today AND ice cream....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I am very sorry to hear of the negative experiences you have had and I really hope things will improve for you soon. Life is full of obstacles and challenges and it seems you have been handed quite a few recently. Focus on the love you feel for your kids and any other positives you can. Assess your situation logically and determine what your next move should be. November 30th is still over 3 weeks away and there is time to prepare.

Try talking to your landlord about your situation, and approach your family and any close friends and explain your situation. Make it clear that your goals are to secure a roof over your head and spend time with your children, as well as obtain a stable job. You still have time to alter your future for the best.

Best of luck, friend.
edit on 7/11/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
PULL YOUR MAN PANTS UP, AND SNAP OUT OF IT, LIFE GOES ON AND TOMORROW ANOTHER DAY

edit on 7-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wow, talk about being in a rough spot, ey

Well there is always your next birthday. Maybe by then things would have improved.

Happy birthday, either way. Have good one. You only live once. Stop stressing things 'll work out eventually

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

So sorry for your awful 'gifts' but on a positive note when your at the bottom the only way

is up

My best wishes to you on your BIRTHDAY and i sincerely hope your run of bad luck has

reached it's end

Regards and again BEST WISHES.........

JAK

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ouch. A family you love and that are there to help though, at least that's a pretty good base to move forward from.

Best wishes to you reficul.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's a quick short version of my situation.

6 years ago, i was diagnosed with (PTSD) with no support or help, my wife of 20 years left me for a 23 yr boy, took my 3 kids, lost my well paid job, my house all my savings, even my beloved car and i became a drunk mess, and then to top it all off i got sent to prison for nearly killing this 23 year old boy, who came to my home to fight me, but why i was in prison, i realized i love my kids more then life, and it was my responsibility to get my self together.

Now 6 years on, i have a job again, a new home, i'm back with my wife and kids, and have never been happier, life can change, but you have to snap out of feeling sorry for yourself, and be positive no matter how much sh#t life throws at you.

Tomorrow another day, and alcohol makes you fickle selfish and jaded.

Edit: 2 days before i got sent to prison, my father died in front of me, and i couldn't go to his funeral, that still hurts me to this day...but it's no good dwelling on the past, we have to move on with life, one step at a time.
edit on 7-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i would like to thank my 'extended family' at ats for all the positive wishes!
you guys are great!

i just want you all to know that i am a fighter,i always have been!
defeat is never an option! thats for wimps,and weaklings!
i look at this as just a few more obstacles to go thru on my very interesting life!

i tend to thrive under pressure,and i ALWAYS find a way out!
my children and my family will always be there - always!
me and my father have discussed his passing,and i have assured him we will be ok after he is gone.
he seems content,he knows the time is near,and he is discovering his inner peace.
my glass is always 1/2 full,and situations like this always opens up another door!
and i recieved a sign this morn.
it has been cloudy here for 2 weeks,and this morn the sun came up and blessed me a good morn!
(i am a sun worshiper! praise ogma!)
so onward i forge to see what is next for me!
patients and strength are virtues!
thanx again guys!

love and peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

thanx for your story.
i know all about booze! not good!
i do not feel sorry for myself,that would be weakness on my part!
glad to hear your back on your feet!
my life is like a toilet seat! up and down!
i may have it 'all' at one time,the next i have nothing!
i guess its a good thing i'm not a materialistic person!
toys come and go,i don't care.
my family,my sanity,and my guitar will always be there!
onward i go to conquer,once again!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Thats a better attitude.

Think and be positive, and positive things happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Happy birthday mate, hope it is a good one (as good as can be, considering).

Out of interest, like me are you getting grumpier the older you get?

edit on 7-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of your troubles Reficul. I lost my dad 2 months ago and now my mother is undergoing treatment for cancer (not looking good). My ex left me for the kid across the street 20 years ago and now I'm disabled (but remarried).

I couldn't be happier. Honestly! I can take anything this world can throw at me and still come back. I know you can too. Our own happiness is up to us at all times. Once I decided to be happy regardless of what was going on life got much easier.

Sure, I wish I could have my dad back. He was a great guy. I don't want to lose my mother either but she's miserable without dad and suffering from multiple problems. They both lived to over 80 so I have to count myself as fortunate to have had them that long.

I'm not getting better but I will be going back to work soon with a home based business I'm starting that looks really promising. Hang in there brother! As long as you're breathing you're still alive and that's what really matters.
Best of luck man.

and Happy Birthday to you!

edit on 7-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you are facing so much at this time, but you seem to have a positive attitude that will help you. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

(How odd. I was just sitting outside thinking (meditating, if you like), and I thought: I think I would like to know who here are Scorpios. Virtual compassion, my astrological brother!)

you'll be okay; things will get better..... I had a spate of really awful stuff over the last 3 years, too. Happy Birthday..

top topics

join