It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney and Obama Tied in First Election Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The first presidential election results are in - and it's a tie. President Barack Obama and his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, each received five votes in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. The town in the state's northeast corner has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960 - but today's tie was the first in its history. The result was unexpected, said town clerk Dick Erwin. The town has two registered Democrats, three Republicans and five independents. "Considering the way things are polling around the country, we may have been the first tie of the day," said town clerk Dick Erwin, noting the national polls showing a virtual dead heat in the race. "Keep your eyes on the news reports, because it's going to be a wild ride."

Article

So all the registered voters in this town have already cast their votes and there was a tie apparently. Only about a dozen people live in this town but I hope this is not a precursor to what we can expect nationwide-or if it is I hope its a tight race and interesting race with Obama coming out on top.
edit on 6-11-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
each received five votes
The town has two registered Democrats, three Republicans and five independents.

So with a total of ten voters, am I to understand that the "independent" voters discarded their principles and just voted for the big party guys anyway?
Or when they say "independent" do they really mean "undeclared"?

edit on 6-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Three out of five independents voted Obama.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Its funny that they did since they clearly had the majority here, I guess they caved to the big party guys because if they voted third party it would mean diddly in the grand scheme of things. Hmmmmm, imagine the headline if neither Romney nor Obama won in the first polls.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It was an Obama landslide in Hart's Location, NH

Obama 23
Romney 9

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think both parties should demand a recount

Just trying to lighten the mood pre-emptively for what is sure to be a long, tense election day (or days).
edit on 6-11-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

top topics

join