It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - The End is Near

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whereislogic

To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction bud.

That applies to thought processes, as well. I'll agree there's plenty of outlandish stuff but there's also a few people who have practiced the ways of the Maya since their absence, and they all say that accordingly to their culture - there will be a shift in thought process and that is what I have came here to address, not vibrational frequencies or doomsday predictions.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I remember in 1999 feeling the same way. Y2K came and passed without a hicup. Then again I was a teenager in 1999, that probably had a lot to do with it

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by whereislogic
there will be a shift in thought process and that is what I have came here to address, not vibrational frequencies or doomsday predictions.

When I mention vibrational shifting I am referring to both concepts at once without wasting too many words. I didn't mention doomsday predictions yet (cause the video starts with that subject, it goes off into vibrational shifting because these theories are connected and almost all coming from the new age movement, the video that follows these 2 videos in that playlist is interesting on this subject as well). Perhaps it's better to adress something specific being discussed in that video if you want to talk about doomsday predictions since you brought it up (and it is after all the topic of this thread "The End is Near").

Excuse me for engaging in going off-topic by responding to your thought shifting process comment if you feel they are not related to the topic of this thread and not based on the new age philosophies surrounding 2012 theories. But then again, I wasn't initially responding to your views about thought shifting and trying to stay on topic and give accurate information concerning the title of this topic "2012 - The End is Near".
edit on 6-11-2012 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We are exactly on the same page !

but im part of no group .. just my own --> TSOTAC !

which mean "Truth Seekers Of The Awaken Community"
best community in the world is ATS of course !

The way everyone is living is just unsustainable
we waste so much when we could be all self sufficiant
dependant on no one except planet earth
so we must care for her the same way she cares for us

there is no balance now .. it need to be brought back
for the sake of everyone and our futur generations (our childrens)
2012 is the end yes but also a beginning .. a new life a new civilization a new beginning
and we all diserve this new life .. living in perfect balance with nature and ourself
knowing that each seconds we live is extremely important and CANNOT be wasted
if people could understand how the space time continuum works
they would be extremely carefull with their words and actions
everything we do create a new future (butter fly effect)
dont take anything for granted and be thanksfull for EVERYTHING
have positive thoughs .. and avoid having negative thoughs in you
your thoughs are pure energy and can go through walls and travel big distance

one last thing .. Love is the most powerfull energy in the universe
compare to hatred

Love is FEARLESS
Hatred is FEARFULL

remember that and God bless Planet Earth and all living beings !
edit on 11/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Regarding theories and views about 2012 causing some kind of change to the way the world system of things operates (or human behaviour), I can't say it any better than the way Michael Jackson said it in this song:

And again, for context purposes, here is his entire message for which he was killed by the illuminati/TPTB/NWO-elite etc.:

Michael Jackson, the message they feared

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I honestly cannot wait until January first 2013.

Then I wont have to read anymore " 2012 the end is near" threads, or have to hear about it from anypne.

The only problem will be that people like you will pick another date to say the end is near.

For centuries friend people have been saying the end is near.

There are hundreds of threads just like yours dating back years here on ATS. What makes you think you are right.

Other than a feeling.
edit on 6-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I wanted to say that I had the same line of logic tonight, very clear and linear. I agree with you. Remember this: those that adapt survive. That notion holds true to everything.

The question remains, if everything does fall apart, do we lose our humanity as well, or do we band and stay together and try to rebuild. I've been thinking that if there were a central call sign, a symbol that would exist as part of a contingency plan, so that those who bare it hold onto a something, in hopes that we all hold on to a sense of solidarity rather than separation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by jonnywhite

........I believe we have the solution to free energy(or extremely cost beneficial), and it is being refused to be released because it would diminish the control of the elite.

Reason why I believe in it? Because I saw a intelligently controlled craft that defied all laws of physics at the age of 10 along with 3 other family members and the memory has not dimmed at all since that life changing day. Whatever powered that craft was a force beyond recognition.

And - I thoroughly believe that we have similar technologies, and I'm fairly convinced that it was actually our technology because if it wasn't it was a bunch of drunk interstellar beings showing off their cool ride, which sounds a lot less plausible.

Well there's the source of all your anxiety and The End Is Near.

If I believed what you believed, I'd probably be in the same boat.

I can already give you an example of a technology that's "refused to be released because it would diminish the control of the elite." Nuclear technology. If you're a physics student, one of the things they drill into your brain is that nuclear technology is fundamentally safe - if done right - and that it's the single greatest step we can take in the 21st century as a bridge technology away from fossil fuels to something new (and sustainable). And yet we hear all these stories of controlling the spread of nuclear technology precisely because the same methods that're used to produce electricity can be used to produce materials for nuclear bombs. Hell, we could have built nuclear fission/fusion-pulsed propulsion for use in spacecraft but didn't because of the fear of nuclear materials proliferation and the very small fallout if these craft were launched from earth's surface. But nevermind that if we HAD TO travel to a nearby star NOW, it would use nuclear technology since nothing else is close yet. I've seen some articles that hint we may be able to use things like VASIMR or positron-based propulsion in the foreseeable future. Or even solar sails. But right now, if we had to do a crash course and time to reach the nearest star was critical, we'd have to turn to old(er) nuclear (dirty) designs.

See this, the first page of an article in Science magazing in 1965:
www.sciencemag.org - Death of a Project...

The story of Orion is significant because this is the first time in modern history that a major expansion of human technology has been suppressed for political reasons.

How much you want to bet that the same reasons we control the use of nuclear technology are the reasons we would control "free energy"? Free energy probably means cheap energy which means cheap methods to either make bombs and guns or to produce the factories or materials needed to make them. Cheap energy emboldens rogue regimes and makes them more of a threat. The real story today isn't that nuclear technology can be used to make bombs, but rather that nuclear technology is so amazing that it has to be suppressed. Einstein knew how powerful nuclear could be. Scientists of his day imagined a new world of cheap energy based on nuclear power. But all those dreams crashed when exposed to the harsh reality of this little planet that's plagued with war and conflict.

What I'm telling you is that ANY super-technology will cause this reaction from the elite. They will attempt to control it to protect against rogue regimes and to maintain a level of safety.

We don't give guns to children for the same reason.

Society must advance slowly. Any rapid change in technology is dangerous.

This all goes back to the story of Icarus when he was told not to fly too high or he would burn his wings. What this story is about is EARNING YOUR WINGS. Humans must earn their technology.

And drunk interstellar beings have been known to visit. Just like how we watch animals in the wild or send submersibles down to the sea bottom or explore the wild for new species. I think about 99% of UFOs sightings are bogus, but there may be a few left over that're the real deal.

I've met a number of people who say they've seen ufos just like yourself, so i have no reason to debunk you. I'll take your word that it was utilizing unconventional technology.

I also think aliens, assuming they do visit us (i think a couple have... or maybe just their probes), will mostly stay away. They may sample things, just like we sample hte wild, but the idea that they would live among us like in the V series is kind of stupid. Would we live among dolphins or monkeys or pigeons? Aliens would have to be as stupid as we're to live among us. We're probably the worst smell they've ever had, or at least the worst eye sore. They probably think the way we live is tragic and savage. A full (and fair) examination of technology tells you that aliens more advanced than us are going to be able to clean their bodies and their spacecraft with a precision we can only dream of. And their sophistication in protocol and exactness would reduce us to the level of a drunk monkey. Honestly, I don't want the aliens to come too close or they might get the idea to exterminate us to clean the place up. Humans do something similar to animals when there's overcrowding.

There're fundamental things that separate species. Cultural and religious things can also be major factors. I'd be shocked if aliens had the exact same cultural and religious characteristics as humans. Odds are they're very different than our own and, in fact, are probably incompatible in most regards. Anybody who thinks we can talk to aliens like we talk to humans is high on something. I mean, we may be able to speak to them in basic terms, but the cultural and religious differences will be there to remind us how far we have to go to cross the barrier. Also keep in mind there're DNA differences. In the War of the Worlds the aliens are killed by earth bacteria or maybe earth viruses. I don't think this possibility is far from the reality. The aliens evolved on another planet, for christ sake.

All this means I take a very practical view of aliens. We should be weary of them.

Realistically, the only safe aliens we can intermingle with are the different human races. But even here you can see differences between them that act as small barriers to intermingling.

I don't say these things to be uplifting. I say them to help define aliens. When I contemplate aliens, I inevitably contemplate the life here on earth and the relationships between the species. I look at us humans and how we relate to other species here. I look at lower life-forms and how they relate to us. I look at the 4+ billion year history of earth and see how life went from basic to more complex and how at each stage in this process the properties of earth changed to make each era a unique earth. All this tells me that our interactions with aliens may not be as uplifting as previously desired.

It has made me look at animals differently. I've realized that how we treat them reflects on how we may one day be treated by aliens. If the present world relates then it's not a pretty thought.

I am not so conceited that I think I've figured it all out. Perhaps evolution is the enemy or the exception? Or maybe there's a trapdoor to leave this reality? My mind changes from year to year about these things, but there're commonalities that're preserved longer than others. But the recurring theme is that evolution -does- matter and we ignore it at our own peril. For example, if evolution here on earth cautions me to be weary of aliens then I'm glad I'm not that guy that happily jumped onto their spaceship and took off with them. For all I know, they're now hooking him up to machines and sucking his brains out. Or maybe he's somebody's new pet human(tm) and lives in a special cage. It has taught me that freedom is probably better - even if evolution can be violent and heartless.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I'm sorry bud but what your saying is not much different than the Hippies who dropped out 35+ years ago. I think you may wake up and find your older not much wiser but a whole lot older. Every generation thinks they are special and world is going to end in their life time.

V

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yep. It's definitely only 2 cents worth !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not the end brother... just the beginning! And a glorious beginning it will be.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I always see people saying a change is coming, but personally I've almost become desensitized to it all. I'm sure people living through WWII felt the end was near. People of the hippy movement probably expected a change. If you hang around with people who are spiritually open you'll probably feel more and more people are awakening. If you're a religious person and socialize with them you'll probably be feeling a coming apocalypse. I'm not trying to saying anyone's wrong with any of their views or anything just simply you'll probably find what you're looking for. Now that I've given my two cents it's back to my search for a busty latina with a fat butt.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Bumma, I have just wasted x minutes of my life reading this thread and I will never get it back.
I guess the sooth sayers on here will conclude that this is my end, or beginning or whatever

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yep....2012 is ending in about 55 days.

Just kidding.

I don't think "the end is at hand".

I do notice things and I do believe we are headed into a period of climate change. Not the ones most people are thinking though. I think the sun is heading into a cycle that happens every few hundred years that some call "the Maunder minimum". It happened several hundred years ago and is attributed to "the little ice age" and "the year without a summer". Scientist are speculating that we may be headed into one of these times as this so-called "solar maximum" was not at all as active as it was predicted to be.

We humans as a species have been very lucky. If you look at the geologic and atmospheric records, the earth has notoriously been a very violent place. WE have been lucky because the earth has been a pretty mild place for the last 15 to 20 thousand years. This has allowed us to flourish and prosper as a species and grow socially and technically with little real interference from Mother Nature.

Considering that about 70,000 years ago, we almost checked out as a species...the Toba explosion. It is estimated that the human population on the planet dwindled down to just a few thousand over the whole planet. (Evidence in the genetic code bottleneck).

This world is quite capable of taking us out, but I don't think it's attached to a date.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I feel this as well...which does not bode well for my rational scientific mind.

I hope that whatever does happen it betters humanity and nature. Both can live in harmony and with technology we just need to think a little more about our place on this world and our fellow humans!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Wars, money, corruption, greed, slavery, apparently all these are very normal, and we humans should not even care about these things. We should all just pay taxes like loyal citizens and pray our governments lower taxes, because lowering taxes is like GOD.

The earth is evidently screwed, if people cant see it now, then let time itself teach them.

The world is ripe for a miracle.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am welcoming expansion. I did not live 56 years with the density and barbaric nature of humans to be taken back to stick figures in a box mentality.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I suspect many of the posters in this section are younger in age. Products of the 'me' generation.
You started with high standards and expectations.
Mom and dad enrolled you in all the extra activities where they gave you trophies for 3rd and 4th place.
You had access to a car from the first day you recieved your license at 15 1/2.
There was a computer waiting for you to play with from toddler age.
Cell phones were mandatory for all members of the house when you went out with friends.
College was expected from you and dad took care of all the paperwork.

As a result you expect things to change to make your life better.
Get out of your way.

Well my friend nothing is going to change come December 21.
No one cares about you except mom and dad.
That job you expected when you recieved your degree is not in the mail.
The revolution you dream about is not going to happen.
Your standard of living is going to drift lower like everyone elses.

Get off your butt and do something for yourself.
Your life is in your hands. Waste it as you see fit as no one else cares.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I suspect you must be old. Old people always think the next generation is crap for whatever reason. I am 30 myself, so I am about in between young and old, and can see for now that they are both full of #

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
As Variable so eloquently stated a few comments back, this "new age dawning" story has all been told before. In 1967, my sister had an underground newspaper, that featured a story about the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius. It's flat-out amazing how much of it echoed the OP. It's author claimed that a group of friends were receiving telepathic
communications and had seen UFOs. They were promised an ushering in of a new age of reason. The dogma, the ignorance and the old ways were going to be swept away as mankind was about to experience a new 'alignment in thinking'. Our society simply could not keep going on in its current fashion. That was impossible.
I was in junior high at the time. I was impressed by the story. I wanted it to be true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join