It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think it's been too quiet here, lately? It's almost disturbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok, the chit chat forum was trashed a long time ago... so i guess (?) this is the appropriate forum to bring this up on:

Has anyone else noticed that it's been WAY too quiet around here lately? I mean, considering that the election is two weeks away... and so much else is going on... I'm surprised that there's been so little drama on the board recently. This is a period in history where I would expect places like this to be flooded with complicated, scary, and yet somehow believable nightmare scenarios and conspiracy theories... and yet things have been pretty much ho-hum (most of the new threads are just commentary concerning news events) on this site over the past few weeks.

It seems like, in the two years I've been checking this site, that we've had a new, dramatic thread every week that gets everyone worked up and possibly costs us all a little sleep. Whether about the end of the world or some supposed attack... these threads pop up, get everyone worried for a few days, and then vanish. Sometimes, like the Aussie bloke stuff, they persist for a month or two... but there is always SOMETHING big shooting around ATS at any one time.

So, as someone who has watched things like the aussie bloke and w--i--t--d stories unfold... I have to say that I'm a little disturbed by the fact that, at this time of maximum tension, there are no big, paranoid inducing threads on ats. It all almost seems too calm and 'normal' for the times.

In a way, I, personally, would be less nervous about things if there was some absolutely crazy story going around that was getting people all worked up. In a way those crazy threads relieve tension and allow our minds to talk about what we are afraid of. Right now, however, we just have a mountain of tension and nothing to vent it on.

I don't know if this was the right place to bring it up. I just wanted to say that I thought the peace around here is a little disturbing. Something's got to give.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
BTW, I meant to put this in the general board forum. If a mod wants to move it there (or anywhere else) I'd appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

BTW, I meant to put this in the general board forum. If a mod wants to move it there (or anywhere else) I'd appreciate it.

So you know there is still a chit-chat. Its in BTS.

I do not think it has been to quiet. I think there is so much going on with the election, that they have no time to make new news.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Have to agree with you Spitting Cobra. There is so much bickering between sides that now one has time to come up with anything else accept "my candidate is better than yours".

Lets start one here
Aliens are attacking DC, The brits sent thier SAS to help, but EVERYONE was ahnilated
We're DOOOOOOOMMMMMED

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams Ok, the chit chat forum was trashed a long time ago... so i guess (?) this is the appropriate forum to bring this up on:
Chit Chat Forum

Has anyone else noticed that it's been WAY too quiet around here lately?
Looking at current stats: ATS/BTS Posts, 24hr:�3288 Looking at bottom stats: Most new posts on ATS in one day: 3297 on Sep, 3 @ 15:32 GMT Looking at bottom stats: Most registered users ever on ATS in one day: 1568 on Oct, 19 @ 20:02 GMT We appear to be very close to a record day, during a high-activity period. Are you sure you're talking about ATS?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes, there's been all sorts of bickering... but all of the activity, recently, boils down to people posting links to news stories and trading partisan barbs over what they mean. There is a decided dearth of the complex conspiracies one would expect to see at this point in the election.

Now, since, in the past, big things happen WHEN nothing is getting people worked up around here.......

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Looking at current stats: ATS/BTS Posts, 24hr:�3288
Looking at bottom stats: Most new posts on ATS in one day: 3297 on Sep, 3 @ 15:32 GMT
Looking at bottom stats: Most registered users ever on ATS in one day: 1568 on Oct, 19 @ 20:02 GMT
We appear to be very close to a record day, during a high-activity period. Are you sure you're talking about ATS?

I'm not talking about raw activity or logins... I'm pointing out the weird lack of big, fear-oriented monster threads. Yes, ATS is doing a lot of business today... but... it just doesn't seem like the drama level is near what one would expect it to be. I don't consider cut and paste partisan bickering to be real drama.

And, BTW, I didn't mean this as a criticism of ATS.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just for every ones clarification, I think th question being asked here is : "Where are all the 20 page threads?" onlyinmydreams,
by all means, correct me if Im wrong

new topics

top topics

join