It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard this converstation ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
CNN's HOWARD KURTZ: "It is a tight race. Do you believe that most reporters want John Kerry to win?"
NEWSWEEK'S EVAN THOMAS: "Yeah, absolutely."
KURTZ: "Do you think they're deliberately tilting their coverage to help John Kerry and John Edwards?"
THOMAS: "Not really."
KURTZ:"Subconsciously tilting their coverage?"
THOMAS:"Maybe."
KURTZ:"Maybe."
THOMAS:"Maybe."
KURTZ:"Including at Newsweek?"
THOMAS:"Yeah."
KURTZ:"You've said on the program 'Inside Washington' that because of the portrayal of Kerry and Edwards as young and optimistic, that's worth maybe 15 points. That would suggest."
THOMAS:"Stupid thing to say. It was completely wrong. I do think that the mainstream press, I'm not talking about the blogs and Rush and all that, but the mainstream press favors Kerry. I don't thin k it's worth 15 points. That was just a stupid thing to say."
KURTZ:"Is it worth five?"
THOMAS:"Maybe, maybe."
(CNN's Reliable Sources, October 17, 2004)

According to one of the most established members of the "mainstream media," the fact that "most reporters want John Kerry to win" could be worth 5 to 15 percentage points- or 5 to 20 million votes- on Election Day.

Much of the Kerry campaign's political calculation relies on the media reporting as fact baseless charges of voter intimidation, "privatizing social security" and "reinstating the draft," blaming President Bush for the flu vaccine shortage when Kerry opposed liability reform for vaccine manufacturers, and the demonstrably false charge that the President has banned stem cell research.

We must remain vigilant and hold the press accountable if and when the fact "most reporters want John Kerry to win" evidences itself in articles and on-air stories between now and November 2.

Call and complain, write letters to the editor, call talk radio, forward our factual e-mails to your friends and post facts on blogs. This will help make sure voters have accurate information on which to base their decision on Election Day.

With your help in setting the record straight over the next two weeks, President Bush will be re-elected.

I just think all of this is so funny, just want to see what the rest of you think.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Newsweek has turned into a rag.

I cancelled my subscription.

That's the most effective form of feedback.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thats all well and good if everyone who reads this post wants Bush to be re elected. Now I'm speaking as a Brit, so if I offend you then I am sorry, but I would think that being as it has been the worlds media who has seen the mess in Iraq first hand, then maybe they are in a position where they honestly believe that Kerry should be handed the riegns of the country????

As I say....I'm a Brit, but i must admit I would like to see a change in the White House. In case you wonder........no I don't like Tony Blair either! LOL

Just my view

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What you mean like sinclair Broadcast group?? Fox???
After two years of the media backing up blantant lies of the Bush Administration, honestly, its good to know some of them have recanted their support. The media doesn't support Kerry, it may seem that way to you, but what is actually happening is called reality check. In case you haven't noticed, we are in the midst of a very unpopular war, and Bush lied to us about why and when. The media swallowed this garbage at face value for years buba. And before you go arguing that Bush didn't lie, I will warn you that I have amassed a wealth of info, yes he's a liar. Yes our media supported him and they continue to do so by not covering the real stories on Bush. The man was asked by the media about his business relationship with Kenneth Lay and they actually let the man walk off the stage in anger without answering a potentially career ending question without any reprocusion whatsoever and you think the media doesn't support the man...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
The media swallowed this garbage at face value for years buba. And before you go arguing that Bush didn't lie, I will warn you that I have amassed a wealth of info, yes he's a liar. Yes our media supported him and they continue to do so by not covering the real stories on Bush. The man was asked by the media about his business relationship with Kenneth Lay and they actually let the man walk off the stage in anger without answering a potentially career ending question without any reprocusion whatsoever and you think the media doesn't support the man...

- Yeah but it's still (somehow) a 'liberal media. No really*.

(*keep repeating until dead)

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
BET, you're taking this out-of-context. The 5pt edge discussed is in population polls allegedly as a result (and he's speculating) of Kerry/Edwards perceived youth relative to Bush/Cheney. It has nothing to do with the media.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are there that many people that, are really that blind. LoL .. He said this but he didn't mean it.

He was just saying that because of this LMAO ... that means LAUGH MY ASS OFF btw .... roflmao ... Peace

new topics

top topics

join