It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mayan calendar end date is not 2012, its 2087, 100% proof here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For those of you that don't understand how the Mayan Calendar works, I will break it down for you, and show you how long each cycle is and how the year 2012 is wrong. I am getting my information from the book, The end of days by zecharia sitchin, and it makes complete sense and is mathematically sound. I have backtracked myself, and done the math, over and over again, researching all sorts of different cycles, and I have found that the real end day of the Mayans is not til the year 2087, just like sitchin found. I know many of you are against sitchins work, but this really has nothing to do with him, as the math speaks for itself. Here are the cycles to the Mayan Calandar.

1 kin = 1 day
1 uinal = 1 kin x 20 = 20 days
1 tun = 1 kin x 360 = 360 days
1 ka-tun = 1 tun x 20 = 7200 days
1 bak-tun = 1 ka-tun x 20 = 144,000 days
1 pictun = 1 bak-tun x 20 = 2,880,000 days

So given that information, we know that the end of the 12th bak-tun and the start of the 13th, signifies the end of the cycle, the end date. So you when take 144,000 and multiply it by 13, you get, 1,872,000 days.

This is where it gets tricky. As you can see, the mayans used a sexagesimal numerical system. They called one year to be 360 days. Not 365.25 as in our current calendar. So when you take the 1,872,000 days, and you divide it by 360, you get, 5200 years. When you take the same number and you divide it by 365.25, you get 5125 years, which doesn't make any sense because that is no longer a part of the sexagesimal system.

The start date of the Mayan calendar, is supposed to be august 11th, 3113 BC so when you take 5125 years, and go into the future, you come up with the year 2012, right down to dec 21st. However, this is inaccurate because the math has taken two different calculation and combined them. They have taken our current calendar year, and mixed it with the mayans sexagesimal system, how can that be accurate, when the mayan themselves weren't doing the math with 365.25 in mind.

However, when you do the math properly, and divide 360 into 1,872,000, you get a mathmatically sound 5200 years. So when you add the 5200 onto the 3113BC, you get the year, 2087AD.... That is when the end of the calender occurs, if you are using mayan only calculations. Why would we use any other calculations? That just doesn't make any sense. So the mayan calendar is far from over! It won't even end in most of our lifetimes. This is something that our children will see, and hopefully it is the dawn of a new age and not the destruction of the world. I just hope we can make it to 2087 without killing ourselves first.

The math speaks for itself. We simply made the wrong calculations, by adding our own calendar into the mix.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
144,000 you say?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This math has been raked through the coals for years now, and I'm still betting the correct date is 21 Dec 2012.

Plenty has been shown to prove 2012 is the correct year, even while taking our calender into consideration.

I've also noticed that no one ever says the 13 cycle has already ended. Why is the date always wrong, and the end is in the future?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

When you use words like "supposed" then you lose all credibility and have no right to have 100% proof in your title.
this is another example of moving the goal posts for the apocalyptic end date. What happens when the calendar ends you ask. you get a free one in the mail and it starts over. Not entirely unlike all the threads about the END TIMES......... pce
edit on 4-11-2012 by ThoughtIsMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Are you taking into account daylight savings and leap years?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Have you spoken to a Mayan about this? Who is your source of information? How do you know they are 100% accurate when it comes to the Mayan calendar?

The world will end when the world will end. No stone tablet is going to lay down an exact date.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Okay, I'm wondering here.... People from all walks of life have been studying this closely for at least a year now and some..many years. I've never heard a theory with major support suggesting the Mayan end date for the stone was actually far far into the future? Why wouldn't some of the people attacking this to debunk it have hit that and called out far and wide? Certainly, every other plausible debunk issue has been hit on...but this is something a bit different?

Ditto to the other poster on 144,000. There are just a half dozen or so numbers in this world that see me sit up straight and re-read something carefully when I see them come up. 144,000 is one of them. 11,400 is another. Interesting the first comes up in this? Oh well.... it is 2012. it's the season for weirdness.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If the world was always suppose to end on the 13th b'ak'tun why do we have a unit of date for 20 b'ak'tuns the Piktun? If the world was to end in a b'ak'tun then there is no reason for Mayans to have a Piktun column.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First of all, the energies are coming in now, including the serpentine, apparently laying across the equator. The Cherokees Prophecy of the Rattlesnake, where the dates coincide much with the Mayan. That doesnt mean that 2012 may be accurate, because this could be a process and a time period, not a date.

What is certain, is tptb are determined to help this all along and active in destroying earth, our oceans and poison everything. Apparently they want to bring in a great catastrophe and survive it and orchestrate the new control system. I think they are planning out things for many decades that will do just that.

Its up to us, to be the counter movement against what they'er doing, to bring in visions for a new world, clean energy, abundance for all, like free energy, overunity, clean technologies that we currently have, offgrid homes like earthship homes that grow its own heritage food and aquaponic friendly, fishing on your own property without depleting oceans. Not to eliminate trade and other things, but as a firm foundation of equality for all, and sustainability, and integrity, clean energy that does not harm earth. Its up to us to take this era, this time and turn it into progression and sustainability, and freedom, and not allow their slavery and plans to continue.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why wouldn't we calculate it using the Mayans 360 day year if that's the math they used???

What if it was done that way all along and tptb want to create fear & uncertainty amongst the masses in order to create and fulfill their own prophecy?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

LMAO that would only hold true if we as well used 360 days instead of 365.... FAIL

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

all i have to say is FU
i thought it will be the end of "Mayan calendar" threads after 21.12 .. but now i see i'll have to read about it for the next 75 years

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

When you use words like "supposed" then you lose all credibility and have no right to have 100% proof in your title.
this is another example of moving the goal posts for the apocalyptic end date. What happens when the calendar ends you ask. you get a free one in the mail and it starts over. Not entirely unlike all the threads about the END TIMES......... pce
edit on 4-11-2012 by ThoughtIsMadness because: (no reason given)

The calendar is supposed to have started on august 11th 3113BC.... That is the date everyone from all fields is working with. Do we have the start date wrong maybe.... But using the word supposed in this context has nothing to do with the mathematical calculations. So please don't twist the words around.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is plainly obvious to me that when you stick to mayan calculations, you get the year 2087AD

Yes there is a spiritual awakening occuring on our planet, yes, energies are increasing in frequency... But does it seem like they have increased enough to make a big difference... no, not yet. Give them another 75 years, and I can totally see change happening. It feels to premature for 2012 to be the time of a great shift... humanity isn't desperate enough yet, we are too materialistic and are only just waking up to that fact. 75 years from now is when a major change will be needed. It makes more sense to me, and the math proves it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Did you consider/incorporate leap years when you were doing your calculations?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Leap years only apply to the current calendar we use, hence the 365.25.

The mayans simply calculation in the number of days. 360 days was one of their cycles, all the rest of their cycles stemmed off of the 360 day calculation. So when you simply count the number of days using their calendar, you get the year 2087. Nothing else matters. 1,872,000 days after august 11th, 3113BC is 2087AD, when using their calendar.

If you use our calendar, and forget about their 360 days cycle, and change it to 365.25, you get 2012AD.... which changes the entire math of their calendar, made up by modern day people, not by what the ancients calculation themselves. The entire 2012 end date is based on calculations of modern scientists. But clearly the ancients knew more than we do, and with their calculations its 2087. Leap years don't matter when you're counting days, not years.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Yes, he did. Hence 365.25

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
It is plainly obvious to me that when you stick to mayan calculations, you get the year 2087AD

Yes there is a spiritual awakening occuring on our planet, yes, energies are increasing in frequency... But does it seem like they have increased enough to make a big difference... no, not yet. Give them another 75 years, and I can totally see change happening. It feels to premature for 2012 to be the time of a great shift... humanity isn't desperate enough yet, we are too materialistic and are only just waking up to that fact. 75 years from now is when a major change will be needed. It makes more sense to me, and the math proves it.

We need a major change now.

75 years from now, we probably won't be here.

Mother Earth is being raped of her resources, and we must do something about it now.

2012 is the date of her Rebirth and her New Beginning. The date is set.

Yes, there are is the majority of people who are materialistic, but with our New Beginning, that will change.

We must Ascend with Mother Earth to a New Beginning.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What I'm trying to say is I think it may be later like you say, and that the days should be marked according to the mayan calendar. But that TPTB have chosen that date and also, these energies are coming in and could be for some time. We need to transmute the energies turn it to Love, Joy, Bliss and Equality, Freedom for every single man woman and child on this planet.

I've given you a star and flag just for coming up with alternative math and doing a lot of work with this. Its a good effort and it may be the right one.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
For those of you that don't understand how the Mayan Calendar works, I will break it down for you, and show you how long each cycle is and how the year 2012 is wrong. I am getting my information from the book, The end of days by zecharia sitchin, and it makes complete sense and is mathematically sound. I have backtracked myself, and done the math, over and over again, researching all sorts of different cycles, and I have found that the real end day of the Mayans is not til the year 2087, just like sitchin found. I know many of you are against sitchins work, but this really has nothing to do with him, as the math speaks for itself. Here are the cycles to the Mayan Calandar.

1 kin = 1 day
1 uinal = 1 kin x 20 = 20 days
1 tun = 1 kin x 360 = 360 days
1 ka-tun = 1 tun x 20 = 7200 days
1 bak-tun = 1 ka-tun x 20 = 144,000 days
1 pictun = 1 bak-tun x 20 = 2,880,000 days

I'm afraid your math is off a bit there:

Mayan Calendar

Table of Long Count units
Days Long Count period Long Count unit Approximate Solar Years
1 day = 1 K'in
20 days = 20 K'in or 1 Winal
360 days = 18 Winal or 1 Tun or 1 Solar Year
7,200 days = 20 Tun or 1 K'atun or 20 Solar years
144,000 days = 20 K'atun or 1 B'ak'tun or 394 Solar years
2,880,000 days = 20 B'ak'tun or 1 Piktun or 7885 Solar years

Solar or Tropical Year =

The mean tropical year, as of January 1, 2000 was 365.2421897 or 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.19 seconds. This changes slowly; an expression suitable for calculating the length in days for the distant past is 365.2421896698 − 6.15359×10^−6T − 7.29×10^−10T^2 + 2.64×10^−10T^3

A Solar or Tropical Year is not the same as a Calendar Year.

Back to the Mayan Calendar:

The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from the Mayan creation date 4 Ahaw, 8 Kumk'u (August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar). But instead of using a base-10 (decimal) scheme like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a modified base-20 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40. As the winal unit resets after only counting to 18, the Long Count consistently uses base-20 only if the tun is considered the primary unit of measurement, not the k'in; with the k'in and winal units being the number of days in the tun. The Long Count 0.0.1.0.0 represents 360 days, rather than the 400 in a purely base-20 (vigesimal) count.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join