It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Approval Rises In Superstorm Sandy's Wake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
m.yahoo.com... ng=en-US

Since Oct. 28, a national tracking poll by Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling has shown Obama's job approval making a net gain of 6 percentage points. PPP is also the only national poll tracking a similar metric for Romney, his favorability rating, on a daily basis. During the same period, Romney's favorability has dropped by a net 7 points.

If a weak debate performance could drop Obama's poll numbers as much as they did, then doing a good job in dealing with the aftermath of Sandy should give him a much stronger boost. Meanwhile Romney's numbers are dropping. Maybe people don't want to be treated like the dog and strapped to the roof.

Maybe fate has smiled upon us.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Meanwhile Romney's numbers are dropping. Maybe people don't want to be treated like the dog and strapped to the roof.

Obama is fighting for his political life in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Ohio, and New Hampshire. How sad, and desperate is it when Clinton is sent into Pennsylvania to hold rallies?

As far as the lame dog comment, you realize that Obama used to EAT dogs?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
How sad, and desperate is it when Clinton is sent into Pennsylvania to hold rallies?

Yea, sad...

You mean just as "sad" and "desperate" as Romney and Ryan telling complete LIES every time they open their mouths as verified by unbiased fact-checkers??

Or, just as "sad" and "desperate" as Romney flip-flopping' every other day to get elected??

Or how the Conservatives have managed to insult and offend every class and type of people in America other than the super-wealthy in only the last several months?

Or how sad it is that Conservative economists DONT even AGREE with Romney's economic and job plan??

I have a MILLION more, but, ah, whats the use...

Its "sad" and "desperate" alright...

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Obama is still projected to win and these numbers are only likely to boost that.

Clinton was a great president. Best this country has had for a long, long time.

It is smart for Obama to bring in Bill.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI

How sad, and desperate is it when Clinton is sent into Pennsylvania to hold rallies?

Yea, sad...

You mean just as "sad" and "desperate" as Romney and Ryan telling complete LIES every time they open their mouths as verified by unbiased fact-checkers??

Or, just as "sad" and "desperate" as Romney flip-flopping' every other day to get elected??

Or how the Conservatives have managed to insult and offend every class and type of people in America other than the super-wealthy in only the last several months?

Or how sad it is that Conservative economists DONT even AGREE with Romney's economic and job plan??

I have a MILLION more, but, ah, whats the use...

Its "sad" and "desperate" alright...

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

Not as sad as the last 4 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why is this called "Superstorm Sandy"?

We can see entire Carribean Islands get mowed down by a Category 5 hurricane, and it barely makes a blip. Even if that island is a US Protectorate like the Bahama's. Even when it is over 1000 killed and tens of thousands left homeless.

But if a single Category 1 hurricane hits the East Coast, it is a "superstorm"? That storm, while major for that area, amounts to an average summer squall for the Gulf Coast. Hell, when Katrina rolled through there was hardly any concern for those people for a week.

Naming it "Superstorm Sandy" = a typical display of "Supersized Ego".

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

For just a moment, lets pretend that what your article calls a "Superstorm" really was damaging enough to earn such a name....

....you call that "fate smiling" on you?

Is there nothing that can't be twisted into a political debate?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The storm was coming no matter what, the timing has at least helped to wake people up.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
yeah his approval shoots up because a cheerin crowd will release a lot of SBA Loans, FEMA subsistance monies, and another wad of $400 dollars per person 'Emergency' food-stamp money to help the victims through their time of distress

yea yea obama-phones for every-one

those are the 250 minute plan, entry level cell phones the gov't hands out to anyone that can fog-a-mirror

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The storm was coming no matter what, the timing has at least helped to wake people up.

"Wake people up" = "changing the national dialogue overnight"

Is that really a good thing? To have our elections decided on emotional moments of fad?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No doubt, money you think would be best spent on CEO bonuses.

God forbid our government should help out people in disasters.

That takes away from the saber rattling funds that allows corporations to export the industries we developed.

edit on 4-11-2012 by poet1b because: Typos

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not on fad, but the stark difference in leadership between the republican admins, and the democrats.

Something people can see. Not propaganda lies.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What is the difference?

That is all I am asking. It seems that you feel that there are political points to be gained here. Why? What are those points?

I get that you LOOOOOVE our POTUS. Fine. I just would like for you to put your logic forth so I can understand it.

Like i said in another thread....you have typically been intelligent and logical while on ATS. I would just like to see you be the same with your politics.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The aftermath of what has happened from this storm should have nothing to do with politics.

Put aside the D's, R's, L's, and I's !!!!!

These people need help.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

I would say that even worst than the damage done by the storm is the damage that the political debate has on how overall intellect.

I keep seeing these threads like this one popping up. VERY rarely are there original ideas. It is just the various members of the moronic masses sharing their own pet daily talking points.

Today, this is one of the DNC talking points. And our friend PoetB has been kind enough to spread the DNC propaganda for them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The difference is that in this situation the Obama admin demonstrates competence. While the GW admin in the same circumstance demonstrated complete incompetence, and that is important.

I don't love Obama, but I am sickened by the undeserved extreme hatred conservatives have for Obama, and Clinton before him. Conservative hatred of liberals has become psychotic.

How much time do you spend on all the wacko threads conservatives write about Obama, pointing out how crazy they sound?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Why doesnt the GOP drag out Ole "W"?

Im sure the US Voters would like to be Reminded of Life under a Neocon.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Im confused as to how they are coming to this conclusion.

President Obama, being he is President, actually can be rated on his handeling of this situation, since he is involved.

Romney on the other hand has no job related duties in this situation, so im not sure how they are saying Romney is doing a bad job, being he is not responsible for anything involved with it.

The left leaning disclaimer is most likely the answer im looking for, but thought I would throw this out there and see what others think?

It would be like rating the CEO of google on his job performance based on how well the CEO of BMW did for the year. While they both are in positions of resobnsibility, google CEO has nothing to do with BMW.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

You do know that President Obama is projected to win all of those states by a considerable margin, except Virginia right?

And even Virginia, which is supposedly one of Mitt Romney's strongest battleground states. Obama is projected to win it as well

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
To have our elections decided on emotional moments of fad?
This is not New.
After 911 Bush had the Highest Approval Rating ever for a President.
Of course , after the Neocon truth came out years later, He finished with the Lowest Approval Ratings ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join