It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Union Electric Companies Turned Away From NJ and NYC areas devastated by Sandy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Georgia power crew turned away from Sandy-stricken New York for refusing to join union

"confusion" ensued when non-union crews wanted to help NY'ers and NJ'ers to work with union utilities. The Decatur supervisor says that the required documentation to join the union was not given by the union in NJ, but from a 'state association'.video link - 14 minutes
...to me, he's dancing around the real problem and issue. Almost like, it's over now, so it's no longer a problem for us.

Non-Union Electric Companies Turned Away From NYC

snopes.com link

I smell a conspiracy (and a cover-up) as a result of politics and possible greed... Is there something definitely askew or amiss here?
edit on 4/11/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

It's a power play, fueled by greed...plain and simple. It's also appalling when Americans are in dire need, political issues stop that help from being given. It's not like the Taliban showed up in NJ/NY and volunteered to drain the flooded tunnels. This is other American citizens, offering aid to fellow Americans. Political affiliations have no place in this matter what so ever. Unions, and those politicians backing their selfish behavior, should get a trip to the unemployment line.

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I can't say I'm surprised that you didn't read all the links. Read the Snopes article (all of it)... it was a misunderstanding, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I read it... thanks.

yep... they are back-pedaling at the moment. They say it was a mixup of paperwork. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

At the end: Those non-union crews are not working to alleviate the problem, but went back. Like I said... something seems amiss.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Similar thread posted on this already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search = your friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

They are actually. Thanks to this post here where the poster went to the Alabama Power site and found this:

A Note About New Jersey

We've seen a number of news reports about electric line crews that are being turned away in the state of New Jersey, on the grounds that the crews are non-union. Rest assured, our Alabama Power crews have not been turned away from anywhere. Our employees are proudly representing us in several states that have been affected, and have received a warm reception everywhere they've been.

Alabama Power

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Similar thread posted on this already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didn't think to look there... Thanks for the heads-up. Then please consider this thread closed and carry on there... no problem.

top topics

join