It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm before the storm [CTPWC]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

As I said, we were in our "song writing phase" and we did send this to Nashville. Heck, we sent them everywhere. When we heard Garth Brooks song come out on the radio, we were LIVID! Of course we were "kids" and from the boonies....and thought Garth Brooks was the greatest thing that ever lived....so we decided it must have been a "frame of mind" at the time, then we started thinking we had some kind of psychic ability

We never found out what the actual truth was and the years went by. But still, in the backs of our minds, we have that little bit of uncertaintity that wanders back to those days... It's something we can share with kids and grandkids and let them decide for themselves... we DO still have the "poor man's copyright" where we mailed a copy of the song to ourselves to get the postmark on the envelope without ever opening the envelope. We thought we knew everything and that doing that would "protect our work"

It was actually compounded by a story our mother used to tell us about a song she wrote, sent off, then heard one very, very, VERY much like it on the radio. Something about Paw-paws, I don't remember the details of hers but I did learn the same feeling she had after this one....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I Believe you Purple One, it happens all the time....I grew up with my Dad in the "Music Bix" and he actually spent some time in Nashville recording, lol, he told me it was a pretty ruthless town on the music scene. Your song was great, and that was recognized by "someone" you sent it to, they changed up the words just enough to have probably won a law suit had a couple of kids from the "boonies" tried to fight it.

But yeah, it is a great story to tell your kids...cause I think you guys wrote a "Hit" song, How COOL is that !!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

My sister eventually put music to it, still before Garth's came out, but it sounded more like something the Bangles would have done than a country tune

...she was always a lil wierd

I had no "musical ability", I mean ZERO, the only thing I could play was the radio, so I didn't have much say in that part

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Oh Gosh...that's funny......" We Got the Beat" was one of the most silly songs ever, and I loved it at the time too...must be a girl thing.........

If we ever have a Jam session we can always find you a tambourine, I know you could rock that !

I guess those girl bands back in the day influenced us......although I was always more of a soul, rock n' roll, blues, jazz kinda girl.....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I'm actually really good at working the soundboard and mixer...anything electronic. I just can't create musical notes with my voice or an instrument

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
when does the contest end?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

From the OP of the contest thread:

The contest runs until midnight, November30 and the winners announced the following morning of December 1.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Kewl! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
just checkin in

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join