It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B’klyn bat man: Run, looters!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It warms my heart to read about citizens defending against the lawless. This should be the rule and not the exception.

NY Post link here

Hardened New Yorkers are ready to battle lowlife criminals to protect their homes and stores in storm-ravaged areas plagued by looting and break-ins.

In Coney Island, several residents were loading up their guns, sharpening their machetes and brandishing other deadly weapons.

Jacinto Gonzalez, 42, picked up a baseball bat and stood guard outside his two-story rowhouse on West 27th Street near Neptune Avenue with his family.

Another Coney Island resident, Roberto Aviles, brandishing a rusty 3-foot machete and warning he has a gun, who has lived in Coney Island since 1995 with his wife, says he’s ready to take on phony burglars posing as Con Ed workers.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I hope that Doomberg rethinks his position on gun control after this. Or even better: he is thrown out of office.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Use two hands, you bet...

edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Buwahahahaha.

Classic.

It sounds like a fair warning. If some idiot chooses to ignore it then that's their own damn fault.
edit on 3-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There is a bunch of em...

[img]http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?cnews.canoe.ca...&size=256x600&quality=85[/ img]

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
I hope that Doomberg rethinks his position on gun control after this. Or even better: he is thrown out of office.

I bet Bloomberg most certainly has a handgun with high-capacity magazine available to protect himself at all times...

He is an F'n hypocrite.

The gangs and thugs there ALL have handguns with high-capacity banned (in NJ & NY) magazines while the law-abiding folks only have shotguns (if they are lucky) which hold only a few shells at best How can they defend themselves against mobs of thugs with limited capacity shotguns while thugs and gangs have anything they want being that they are CRIMINALS anyways and they simply dont care. That in addition to the LAWS in NY & NJ being in favor of the bad guys and against law-abiding folks. What a nightmare up there right now!!

Eff Bloomberg!! Eff the gun-control crowd up there!!

edit on 3-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

8 plus one in the chamber...

Mossberg 500 Special Marine

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

8 plus one in the chamber...

Mossberg 500 Special Marine

Very NICE!

BUT... is that legal in NJ & NY? Probably not with a dirt-bag like Bloomberg in control up there.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Use two hands, you bet...

I have to say...even the most bleeding heart criminal excuse maker I've ever met...couldn't find a way to generate sympathy for a criminal that goes past THAT sign and gets himself shot anyway. It's almost just a case of suicide by shop keeper. Any looter into that store simply chose to end life..and who are we to dispute their right to choose that?

Right on to the citizens! Stand up and protect what needs protected so there is a city to restore power to when it's all over. (and....anyone hear any stories about Police taking firearms from legal citizens yet? I haven't personally)
edit on 3-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added last note

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It was legal in CA. THe limit is 10 rounds, if it holds more than that, or if you add the pistol grip, then is becomes an assault weapon.

Most places long guns are much easier to keep than hand guns. I prefer long guns anyway as I consider them a defensive weapon and safer than a pistol.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yup, let the bad guys beware.

We are waiting, in a spot with good cover, with plenty of ammo.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
BUT... is that legal in NJ

I can walk down to a local sporting good's store and buy one.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Gotta plan ahead...

Here is a great place to order a big box of ammo for not much money

Cheaper than dirt online link here
edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm proud of these people. They are trapped, in desperate need of help just to keep their families alive, abandoned by the powers that said they would be there with no delay, and they have not given up. These people are going to take care of themselves and their loved ones and what little property they have left. Punks beware...some dude is going to go Daryl on your ass if you eff with him.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yup, hurray for our side.

“I’m prepared inside here,” the 76-year-old Aviles said, showing off his rusted, three-foot machete and warning he had a gun.

Chris Lane, a 50-year-old resident of the Coney Island Houses, put together a small arsenal with his double pump action gun.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Gotta plan ahead...

Here is a great place to order a big box of ammo for not much money

Cheaper than dirt online link here
edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: added link

Lol. I know, I was just making a point to the prior poster who seems to think there are no legal firearms in NJ.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Sure can, just need your FID to get a shotgun, but to get a pistol you need a permit for each one you buy.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I bought a shotgun in California in 2011. There was a fifteen day waiting period and some long paperwork to fill out but not too bad.

Now in Indiana they have more gun shops here than donut shops.

Good to be home...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

Yup, hurray for our side.

“I’m prepared inside here,” the 76-year-old Aviles said, showing off his rusted, three-foot machete and warning he had a gun.

Chris Lane, a 50-year-old resident of the Coney Island Houses, put together a small arsenal with his double pump action gun.

Had to chuckle at that. Anyone know what a ``double pump action gun`` is...I mean I see them on the Simpsons and such,but beyond that..

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

Well, we know what he means....er, well some kind of a shotgun I guess.

Over under, side by side, pump, single shot, bolt action....

I used to have this weird bolt action Mossberg. Never saw another one like it. Was my Dads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join